Why is a food as unpretentious and simple as chili something people sperg out so fucking hard over...

Why is a food as unpretentious and simple as chili something people sperg out so fucking hard over? Just the mention of the type of meat you're using or if you're including/not including beans is enough to spur people into an impassioned fury.

It's just a fucking stew, retards.

>just stew
But it's not.

Chili is a chilli paste with meat created at the border of the u.s. and mexico. But people put all sorts of wonky shit in it and call it chili, which it isn't.

Just about any food strongly identified with a culture or location is like this, why are you picking on chili?

>a steak is a chunk of beef that is salted and quickly cooked but people put all sorts of wonky shit on it and call it steak, which it isn't
is how dumb you sound

Nice bait. According to you burgers are now steak

i said a chunk of beef
learn reading comprehension

>tex mex
>culture

Lol?

It is though on every level of the word
I hate beaners and the fact that they're allowed to exist north of the Rio grande, but I won't deny that texmex is by all means a culture.

A chunk of beef. So it's a different food if the chunk is ground? As in chili is made with chunks of meat and that shit your mom cooks for her unemployed boyfreind with ground hamburger are two different things?

Chili was literally created as a 19th century cattle drive MRE. It was beef pounded with salt and chili peppers formed into transportable blocks and dried. It was rehydrated on the trail. Anything else, including "muh texas chili competition promuhfessionals" is adulterated bullshit.

Just made a pot...glad you asked.
>2.5lbs ground beef
>1.5lbs ground pork
> .5lb mexican chorizo
>2 onions
>4 cloves garlic
>3 poblano
>15 ancho
>5 quajillo
>1qt crushed tomato
>.5lb black beans
>.5lb red beans
>2Tbsp cumin
>2Tbsp black peppercorn
>1Tbsp coriander
>1oz fresh oregano
>3 bay leaves
>2qts beef stock
>sea salt to taste

Reconstitute and puree dry ancho and quajillo
Prepare beans seasoned with bay leaves
Brown meat
Add diced onion poblano and minced garlic
Saute
Add tomato chilie puree and dry spices
Simmer
Add drained beans stock oregano and salt

>ground hamburger
See...when you say things like that you unwittingly reveal your own insecurites about your uncultured childhood

This is only partly correct.
Sure the original block was meat chilies amd salt but during the rehydation stage...the "cooking" of the chili...any number of things would be added to include wild onions, garlic, fresh herbs, and yes... beans.

Post recipes that trigger the brown skinned autist.
>round steak, ground beef, or ground turkey
>1 onion
>4 cloves of garlic
>2 stalks of celery
>1 green bell pepper
>2 jalapenos
>2 cans of diced tomatoes
>1 can of chili beans, drained
>1/2 cup of frozen corn
>brown sugar, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, pepper, lea&perrins, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar

Simplicity of making draws in a lot of competition, even retards feel entitled to opine.

Its fucking beef stew if you use chunks of meat, its only chili if the meat is fine

The best will always be the creator of chili, Mr. Stagg and his classic recipe that started it all.

>brown skinned autist
You uh...um.
You DO realize Mexico had NOTHING to do with chili...right?

Where do you think the word chile comes from, retard?

Im gonna say a country in south america.

Because Texans got involved in the discussion and they're the most overly competitive people in the US.

Psst

Chili con carne is not a mexican dish

this. Literally invented to be "whatever" stew.

and yet it still seems to have worked

I actually opened the thread to say the same thing

Because people chose strange things to get angry about
>pineapple on pizza
>"""traditional""" preparation
>what real sushi is

Does being the chili police make you feel good about yourself?

best chili coming thru

hah

If it doesnt have beans it isnt chil
Why else would we have chili beans
Mexicans are known for beans so of course they belongs in chili
I mean the beans not mexicans
Though im sure they would taste fine

Because the 4 southwestern boarder states each have unique and valid histories with the dish therefore there are 4+ versions that are "right" and there will never be a consensus. On top of that it became a national dish because of cattle drives initially and then was written up in every domestic cook book by the 20th century so there's also 100+ year old traditions at the opposite end of the country like Wisconsin. It's as American as apple pie or hamburgers or pizza (all of which have infinite variations) I guess having no "right way" is the single most common trait among American food.

What are some good hot chili with beans recipes.

Requires habanero

sounds like it would be good, but I doubt I have access to all of those ingredients

YESSSSSS

I eat this all of the time.

If you think Americans and their chili is bad, go talk to some Italians. They'll go to war over regional variations in dishes.

Was just about to post this.

>doubt I have access to all of those ingredients

If only there were some kind of world wide communication network that permitted a person to buy virtually any ingredient in the world. Oh well, maybe one day....

I don't think I'd want to order produce over the internet

I'm not a repulsive fat mess American scumbag, can someone tell me why this dish is named so, even when it doesn't contain chilli?

It has lots of chilli peppers. Different varieties, fresh or dried etc. What put you under the impression that there are no chilli peppers in chilli?

probably a dumbass bong

>Why is a food as unpretentious and simple as chili something people sperg out so fucking hard over?
Because it's a popular food that varies wildly by region. You see the same thing happen with other foods like that: pizza, BBQ and tacos/burritos. When you say chili (or pizza, BBQ or tacos/burritos) it can mean different things to different people depending on where they're from and their experience. If you're referring to a specific style you have to point that out, which comes off spergy. But it's relevant if you happen to really like oneregional style but think some other styles aren't all that good or are even terrible.

I mean when Americans make regular stew without chilli, yet call it chilli.

im a potato you faggot

I've never seen or heard an American claim unspiced stew is chilli. Maybe it's because I'm from a boarder state but I doubt anyone does this.

White trash I assume, any stew with beans is a chilli to them.

Maybe, but usually even white trash expects a little cumin and some heat to call it chilli.

Correct. Chili con carne is an abomination, not a dish.

Where have you heard this? I've been all over the US and I've never seen someone refer to stew as chili if it didn't have chili pepper in it.

As much as we disagree in this thread, we can all at least hopefully agree that we have Cincinnati chili.

If I could punch you through this screen, I would.

Cincinnati chili is fucking putrid

I had a dog shit beef stew thing they called chili, no heat or spice at all. It was some bar nearby, it's not typical for the area. I was so mad.