Palo Alto is a disgrace

Palo Alto is a disgrace.

James Franco writes like every C-student in a the first year of a sub-par MFA writing workshop. His metaphors are clunky disasters and his characters are formless puppets. To Franco, a bloodstain is 'ketchup randomness'. He is incapable of adapting his style beyond a 'disaffected teenager'. It is average, flat, without any distinctive emotion or style. It is pompous, contrived, blandly transgressive, like a middle schooler who has just learned how to say 'fuck'. He needs some honest feedback before he continues this nonsense.

No one will give it to him.

Sounds like what I would expect from a jew who stumbled upon fame through ethnic nepotism and created a fake image of himself as some kind of hyperintellectual savant but who was really only ever just a mentally deranged jew, and one who unsurprisingly can't write for shit.

good movie

His whole shtick is just "I'm smarter than you." He has no identity as an artist or as a person beyond that. Seriously, what did you expect?

>He needs some honest feedback before he continues this nonsense.
He doesn't, though. "Success" in any artistic field is likely 3/5 due to nepotism and connections. It's not a meritocracy, at the very least.

1/10 Why not adapt the source material to a new cause? You have no drive.

Poast some, I want to feel good about the quality of the prose in my Veeky Forums posts.

Rekt

poo

Greatest 21st century writer.

>tfw heard this guy talk on the Colbert report where he was introduced as an intellectual Renaissance man juggling 4 degrees and writing a book
>he tried to talk about the Lord of the Rings and couldn't even accurately describe the plot or characters
It's an amazing feeling when you hear someone talk about something you actually know about where you realize they are complete idiots.

One day books like these, IJ and the like, will probably be seen as postmodern masterpieces in how they highlight the disconnect between word and meaning. The MFA student doesn't know how language works -- he or she signs up for a class where they play around with different words based on aspects of those words besides their meaning, i.e. their sound, the way they modify each other, what they evoke in their cultural climate, etc.; everything other than a cohesive voice. And that is what defines our postmodern time! People want to be writers, so they LARP as writers and do thing they think is what writers do as they view it in the shallow spectacle of contemporary life, and they end up writing a fractured mess of signs, images, references, sources and meanings -- because in a time where knowledge is decided on its functionality we learn everything we can possibly know about nothing. They didn't start with the Greeks.

>the mediocrity is what makes it good

The mediocrity is what makes it [a] good [example of postmodern literature].

People like you are why we have this mess.

No, the mediocrity by definition makes it a bad example. You called it a masterpiece by virtue of shortcomings. You're a god damn moron.

well I mean

he's an actor

not a writer.

he should have just gotten a ghost writer.

Because the production of the writer in postmodernity is full of intellectual shortcomings! Learn to fucking read.

I liked the film

The whole thing kind of did convince me James Franco was a pedophile though

you stole this from goodreads

>the mediocrity is what makes it good

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, but you sound just as pompous, contrived, and average as any poor writing I could imagine him guilty of.

>envy and bitterness

The mediocrity is what makes it a good example of a work produced in a mediocre culture.

I am thoroughly afraid of becoming a James Franco type minus the money and fame

dub trips all but confirms it, sorry to say.

A real masterpiece would be a writer who did start with the Greeks finding a way to write a novel which captures all of these ideas while at the same time being good.

Nobody is going to call anything which epitomizes mediocrity a masterpiece.

If you start with the Greeks you're better off than most.

>play around with different words based on aspects of those words besides their meaning

Words can't have meaning because nothing's real in my world

Thanks for introducing the meaningless qualifier 'real' before 'masterpiece' to let me know you're talking about something completely different to me. You don't seem to get my point and you keep trying to shoehorn your point in instead. The novel wouldn't 'capture' those ideas I listed because it would have to actually embody those ideas rather than just reference them.

bost excerptys