Is Vaporwave a modern interpretation of the Kafkaesque

Also could the Vaporwave aesthetic produce any literature other than Hypersphere, or is it just a short lived synecdochic representation of cultural memetics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KAExa9P7hME
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a thread died for this

I feel like i get it you know

but i also worry that this is just 20s male schizophrenia setting in

im not even high b

memes may come and go but the abstract concept of a meme remains and there's something there i swear

What is vaporwave?

Sorry about that. I get annoyed at people who do that but no need to be a dick my bad. Flesh it out, see if there's something there. If you can write a couple thousand words maybe someone will publish it

unironically my novel, desu. if it ever gets published i'll be sure to subtly shill it here.

Interesting idea. If there is a style of literature that shares the same aesthetic as vaporwave then I imagine it would have these characteristics:

1. not much to hold on to. the pictures are fleeting and flowing, always eluding the readers grasping mind when it tries to form a congruent world out of the information that is presented
2. a constant undercurrent of serene alienation that pervades every single action and situation that is described
3. no clear deliniation between the characters. it should not be possible to individuate characters within in the text. they should all have overlaps, tangents and parallels, yet never fully be subsumed under a single personality

just kinda riffing here obv.
opinions, ideas?

No not in the slightest

How does Vaporwave have anything to do with being Kafkaesque at all?

No, it's a sub-type of music created by listless 20-somethings and teens whose greatest aspirations are vague notions of become a pop-culture idol and doing drugs (nicotine, cannabis, cough syrup, nitrous) all day, every day.

It is the music of the meekest of millenials, hoping to eke out a minimal existence.

>It would read like "I don't care, whatever, I wish I was greater." and Yann Martel's "Self" mixed with a lazier, more melancholy approach to the screenplay for Trainspotting -- without all the action, and with far more liquid ruminating that amorphously exchanges between characters, perspectives, settings, and concepts.

From a synaesthete's imagination, it's like eating only cotton candy, feeling midway between groggy, sleepy, and groovey, and the smell of new trading cards for weeks on end.

the entire novel takes place in an 80s suburban mall. there's an entire chapter that just lists out the items in a store and their historically accurate prices. the climax takes place when the protag alerts mall security when they get so bored they decide to shoplift. the fountain is meticulously described at least once.

seems fair

A fake music genre people keep insisting is real.

I just dropped a turd of ~450 words and it's coming out like the middle east in the early 80's.

It's hilariously outdated, yet it's retarded and blah-blah-blah enough to be funny
>at least when I reread it
>has to be in Chris Pederson's voice and with a younger Kabuli/Kalash man though (Pederson played Jack from Suburbia, the 1983 punk movie, not that horseshit Shia Le Boeuf was in)

Basically took what you typed and dicked around with it.

*as, not with a the younger Kabuli/Kalash
>that's supposed to be the image of the character giving the setting description

>t. someone who has never read Kafka

Feel like you nailed it perfectly.

vaporwave is a mashup of videogames, youtube poop, and electronic music. it's the apex of ironic memes, set to poorly mixed samples.

Hmm sounds a little bit like Tokio Blues

you're not real man!

i like this

but also i think a key component of vaporwave is its rebranding and recomposition of 'classic pieces' in an attempt to soothe the listener or induce that familiar high you generally associate with actions contingent on listening, eg weed lmoa

example obscure not quite antiquated albums you might causally mention to your friends as a sort of postcard on your initial maiden voyage abroad, despite obviously never straying from a road well traveled, you don't travel, you walk and face down at that

A turbo neet posted his video the other day

youtu.be/KAExa9P7hME