Why do women remain more childlike than men?

Why do women remain more childlike than men?
Do they stop the maturation process much younger?
Is it cultural or biological?

Books that address this?

Other urls found in this thread:

theabsolute.net/misogyny/onwomen.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow what a bigot, youre such a deluded loser, go educate yourself, creep

What is that man doing in the second panel?

It's an evolutionary feature that helps them bond more easily with their children

everyone who isn't me, Shakespeare, or james joyce is mentally a child so I'm not sure what to suggest you, kid.

>Why do women remain more childlike than men?

Current society values women as being idiotic, pretty objects more so than anything else.

Not to say that ALL or even a high percentage of women act this way however, but young women tend to be less pushed as individuals to develop themselves, and are encouraged to stay ditsy pretty little things.

and men aren't?

can't wait to see another JUST post about a guy balding or not being some hyper sexual ""alpha"" because people are afraid of their own maturation.

>Current society values women as being idiotic, pretty objects more so than anything else.

Attractive women don't need to be anything else than that, which is why it seems redundant for them to attempt to be anything more than that. They are automatically selected for.

Ugly women however need to take the hard road like men do, and hope that there's a man out there that appreciates them for their personality and or intelligence.

If they are, it manifests less obviously.
Take my picture in the OP. Even if the man if also childlike, it doesn't show in his mannerisms the way it does for women.

Women are just children with adult bodies.

>Current society values women as being idiotic, pretty objects more so than anything else.
It seems like the idiot here is you. In this century the society is more gynocentrist then ever has been and they are praised and worshiped you fucking mongoloid

Yeah, that's why people aren't having kids and are afraid to get married. It's "manifested" (woah big boy word) just the same except you're a man who hates women whereas I'm a man who hates both so I can see clearer

Losing @ vidya.

>Current society values women as being idiotic
Which current society values men that ask too many questions and think for themselves, as opposed to instrumental reason- and ideology-fodder? I'd like to know.

this on a weeb image posting forum

>Books that address this?

cunning....I guess this keeps it Veeky Forums related?

Why are our mods so fucking shit?

Someone is sexually frustrated

?
I don't hate women. I'm just interested in understanding a phenomenon that i've observed.

Thread like this is meant for Veeky Forums.

I bet you pretend to be a astute Veeky Forumsizen when you're really just as assraped with ideological preconceptions.

Women are more 'mature' than men, and act accordingly.

But >implying that this 'maturity' isn't historically contingent and more or less meaningless is wrong

bunch of ornery broads in this thread

post your feet, ladies

well fuck off to a relevant board and ask them.

This is a generalization and the whole childlike thing doesn't just apply to women. You just find it more commonly in women since you are a man and women tend to present themselves as vulnerable and innocent since it makes them more likable by the majority of men.

You also have to take on account that the people who appear more carefree and easygoing might not have had as much need to develop callousness and cynicism but this is not necessarily due to gender. It could also have a lot to do with socio-economical position, geographical locaion of the person's upbringing, how much contact with other people has this person had, etc.

TL;DR: Generalizations are bad and lazy and you should feel bad for using them.

You made me feel insecure about my intelligence. Please apologize.

Listen cuck:

Women are inferior
The white male reigns supreme.
Take the redpill or perish

Yeah...and they're praised and worshiped for superficial, almost idiotic traits of simply being a women, especially if they're attractive. You're gay btw.

he's still not entirely wrong. though women are now also praised for being discerning about societal belief structures, brave for standing up to "sexism", and hardy for participating in industries formerly dominated by men, the bar for praise is still so much lower for women than men. any time you see a woman praised nowadays, it is not from from her own merits that could stand in competition to a man's efforts, but comes from her barely exceeding the low expectations set for her by the typical stereotypes of women being weak and stupid.

so now society might not praise women outright for being idiotic, but instead praises them for making a mere gesture at intelligence that is in reality empty of all skill and cunning. sure they are praised on the surface, but i think everyone to some extent is aware of the condescension that exists in this, and since women are too cowardly to confront this head on, they dig themselves deeper into the hole by demanding even more praise in every facet of life. pity them, for society is structured for them to never attain meaningful consciousness

>Do they stop the maturation process much younger?
No
>Is it cultural or biological?
The idea that if something is cultural then it can't be biological and vice versa is wrong.

>he's never inhaled the sweet fragrance of an unshowered woman

>society is structured for them to never attain meaningful consciousness
And now you should return to Reddit, kiddo.
There is no such thing as power structures, it's a lie by cultural marxists. If a women wants to be someone she can (except not really, because their minds are inferior to the man). It has nothing to do with 'society' but with how inferior they are genetically to someone like me

(post)ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Men are more abstract in their fight with the world. Women are more practical. Both sides would view another's perspective as childish.

/thread

Why should mature when society hands them everything they want in a platter?

I wish I was a woman so I didn't need to mature either.

That makes literally no sense. Men are more practical obviously, this is common sense.

not an argument, manchild

Trap potential?

There's nothing to argue with. Just your butthurt.

He's giving her a hickey.

Raising and protecting a child calls for practicality, while men are free to indulge in their idealism, love for beauty or whatever. Greats part of human culture, like science and engineering, that one would call practical now, have their roots in nerds' love for autistic manipulations with numbers and other abstract conceptions.

>while men are free to indulge in their idealism, love for beauty or whatever.
This is the paradox. Men are attracted to women for their looks, but women don't care about art.

My dick is so hard for Vriska.

She isn't childish, she's boss.

There's plenty of women that care about art you doofus. My grandmother was a great painter, for example.

>its why do women do this think I conveniently forget men do just as often if not more

Hint, screaming at a Football game is just as childish

Aren't those Homestuck characters?

your not going to try and fundamentally undermine my assertion that its fucking hilarious that a website full of millenial manchildren are calling women childish??

are you not going to argue with my second assertion that Veeky Forums is an inappropriate board for this bullshit and that you should fuck off to /arcanine/

Sucking her tits I think

itt: 100% male responses

God, this board becomes more and more of a shitpost every time I come here. I used to have more respect for you illiterate neckbeards.

The problem is you make assumptions about OP and groupthink /r9k/ as the specter behind every post like his. We know nothing about OP and you have not attempted to engage OP at all. Instead you have a presupposition that OP must be among the 'millennial manchildren' and the subject is 'bullshit' without any explanation of your own.

You'd have to be pretty damn familiar with that whole Humanstuck shit if you even recognize these two. Are you outing yourself?

Dude this is a fucking anime website. A place where people post Jewish conspiracy theories and girls with dicks often just for a laugh.
He didn't end up here just because he wanted to make serious psycho-gender discussions.

There are different boards for different purposes. You know that right?

Yeah and nearly everyone began on /b/, unless you're a reddit immigrant who should immediately fuck off

theabsolute.net/misogyny/onwomen.html
schopy had an answer for this

But what bearing does any of this have on the validity of OP? Admit it, your ideological back-brace led to an assumption of OP's character and a deflection of the question. As I'd suspect any question of a non-egalitarian manner may have. This kind of smug pre-supposition as to whats a valuable or valid question is too prevalent on Veeky Forums.

Of the friends I have at university the women are almost unanimously more mature than the men
The women tend to enjoy cooking, keep clean apartments, read in their free time, and have better study habits
The guys play videogames for several hours as soon as they get home from class, make ramen noodles for dinner, have roaches or ants in all of their rooms because of how disgusting they are, and study exclusively via all-nighters right before tests
Both op and I are making baseless sweeping generalizations fueled exclusively by our own anecdotal evidence that we pick and choose based on our ideological preconceptions, so this thread is retarded, not Veeky Forums related, and should be deleted as soon as possible

why is this on Veeky Forums?

This.

Mods should remove this shit thread and permaban OP.

I'm only on Veeky Forums cos i keep getting banned from other boards for posting off-topic.

I get warnings from Veeky Forums for reporting off-topic threads.

My own opinion is that men are more childlike in general.
But I think the question is retarded. The idea of framing what maturity is precisely is far too undetermined a question to begin with before we can even start making measurements with it

>can't wait to see another JUST post about a guy balding or not being some hyper sexual ""alpha"" because people are afraid of their own maturation.

tfw you started balding at 22

t. Robert Anton Wilson

Then those are far more valid grounds for debasement of OP.

The same holds for men. Go outside and witness how many "men" in their 20s and even 30s are still playing video games.

According to wikipedia the average age of a video game player is 35. Personally I don't see how it's worse than playing cards obsessively like earlier generations did.

damn, makes sense.

Remember to sage and report /r9k/ threads.

Being able to keep house and get good grades means nothing.

You'll see once you get a job and start working with women. They have no sense of teamwork and cooperation. They make excuses non stop and never show up on time. They'll do completely petty, unprofessional things purely from spite and still approve of their own motives. It's embarassing.

See also how most succesful women's sports teams are coached by men.

never said that, buckaroo. ultimately everyone is responsible for themselves and should be able to rise above the norms of their culture, but society more actively prevents women from doing so, leading them to be on average more childish than men.

there is literally nothing wrong with being childish

>Being able to keep house and get good grades means nothing.

I bet this is a guy who says he's a "lazy underachiever"

No jannies around today, huh

this has to be ironic

it's really annoying when a person has stupid, naive childish views, mentality, etc.

It is

Best fucking comment! thank you pal, I laughed

>womyn fold clothes once they are dry and do their homework every night so they are superior, who cares how they perform in the tangible real world. Thank you.

Its not the work itself so much as being able to push away the constant existential dread

Go read Paradise Lost.

Yeah, like I said.
Who gives a fuck

I'm not sure if that's true. I think men just vary greatly when it comes to maturity. There's a lot of very mature men, but there's also very immature men that play video games, watch anime, and are just pieces of shit in general.

Women, on the other hand, are at about an average level of maturity. They don't vary as much.

/Thread/

>thinks there is no such thing as power structures
>also thinks that there is such a thing as cultural marxists who wield power through, presumably, some sort of structures
Truly, when /pol/ sends its people, they do not send their best...

>enjoy cooking
yes because that's definitely a standard for being more mature (even if we couple it with the others)
>keep clean apartments
you're going to tell me that women keep a cleaner environment than men? I'm not even talking bathrooms or bedrooms, but I think you're delusional man. These are from anecdotes, yes, but you have to be lying because I've heard no anecdote that isn't a lie that says, on a whole, women keep a cleaner environment than men.
>read in their free time
LOL. Definitely a select few, maybe.
>Have better study habits
Oh... they're more organized when it comes to studying? How's that critical thinking? That group work dynamic?