Is he smart or not?

Is it hard to make a rocket like this? Someone smart cannot be that stupid?

foxnews.com/science/2018/03/26/self-taught-rocket-maker-shoots-himself-1875-feet-to-prove-earth-is-flat.html

Attached: hard.png (711x746, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM
youtube.com/watch?v=9-bGJ_RMQ6U
youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Planes go much higher than that.
Couldn't he just skydive out of a plane or something?
that would be 12,000 feet

>Couldn't he just skydive out of a plane or something?

I assume he hoped to end up in space?

I really hope he could see the curvature, and didn't pass out or wasn't turning over constantly. Shooting yourself with a rocket is the easiest way to prove the earth isn't flat. Can you imagine people actually had to go to the beach just for that, hahahaha.

Attached: flat earthth.jpg (300x245, 11K)

1875 feet with a rocket is pathetic, how is that supposed to prove anything?

It was steam powered. Not rocket fuel. If that matters.

I know, it was basically a bottle rocket.

Attached: bottlerocket.jpg (246x205, 6K)

He's smart with his intense rocket building skills. He could've easily died. I wonder if he still thinks the Earth is flat.

What have you done with your life besides post on a fake science image board created for idiots to mentally masturbate all over?

I think balloons might've been easier.

everything you can imagine, and more

^ (I still wonder if flat-earthism isn't some sort of government run program)

He could have just climbed that mountain in the background.

Seriously there has to be some easier ways for the average one guy to test whether the Earth is round or not. Pic is one method I can think of.

Attached: Moon-observer.jpg (1650x1275, 556K)

People routinely build aircraft in their garages that can fly much higher than that. My uncle built a Kitfox similar to picture related. Some people even build small jets.

Attached: kitfox-airshot.jpg (520x632, 121K)

I have heard of that theory as well; that modern day flat-earthism is an experiment to see just how many stupidly contrarian people there are. Or alternatively, to shit up conspiracy discussions to keep them from stumbling on to the truth.

Attached: bhiUKEMRqzXUUy7E1kEZGFjjA7ruloTo_C5ep3Mq0PY.png (1754x2480, 2.31M)

>Jets
How the fuck ? I assume you'd just buy the whole jet engine and attach it to a frame you made.
There's no way you would make a turbine and it's casing with garage-tier tools

I think the theory is pretty plausible.
I've always had the inkling that people like Alex Jones were paid/forced by the government to make conspiracy theories look ridiculously hard to believe, so most people wouldn't entertain the idea.

Yes, you buy the engine, and put it into the rest of the plane that you assembled. There are companies (like Viper Aircraft) that will sell you a kit to make the aircraft the designed.

Attached: 2003990764-300x0.jpg (300x202, 17K)

The point of this launch wasn't to prove flat earth. It's part of an ongoing rocket research program hughes is carrying out. His eventual goal, yes, is to prove flat earth, but even he knows his current rockets can't go high enough to do that yet.

For people wondering "why not a plane" there's flat earthers who believe the windows in airplanes are screens showing false images or the whole thing is a government hypnosis psyop.

He's literally financing his daredevil dreams by using schizos. Definitely not stupid.

>For people wondering "why not a plane"
There's bigger questions then just that. Out of all of the ways to show that the Earth is flat/round, trying to photograph the curvature is one of the most awkward and difficult. Almost any other approach would be better.

well then he must be really stupid, yet smart enough to build a rocket....something's fucky

it would be kinda funny to counter-argue flatheads that way. just double down on the conspiracy

Launching yourself in a steam rocket does sound fun

>Alex Jones
Alex is the greatest con-man that has ever graced the loonies.
>nurture paranoia in every way possible
>use any attempt at counter-arguments as a confirmation said paranoia
>sell his own brand of "non-gay" water, health supplements and tin foil
>make money of loonies
>laugh all the way to the bank

Hell, i even admire him a bit

>be smart man
>want to launch myself in a rocket for fun
>too poor
>crowd funding doesn't work
>THE EARTH IS FLAT IMMA PROOF IT
>crowd funding now works

Oh thats simple. They just need to ask themself: "why would a goverment or any global organisation like the UN spend literally trillions just to keep people from knowing this? Whats to gain? Nothing. Boom, all flat-earthers defeated, just like that.

>pilots
>anyone with a ship that can sail the open seas
>researches in the arctic
>tourists
>any number of space launch providers
>any number of space-related industries

and so on would have to be in on it. for several hundred years. for some reason. but its probably the globalist jew-lizards or something. its allways them

>Alex Jones
Its plain obvious he is controlled opposition. Hell, thats essentially what he pleaded during his child custody legalities 'he is only a performance artist and is playing a character'. Not to mention that infowars is extremely picky on the topics they touch and how they are covered... seemingly the main focus of the site is to polarize population groups, divide and conquer all the way...
...not to mention that portion of the stories are straight up /x/-tier bullshit.

Even simpler is to visit an observatory and look at the round objects in the night sky with your own eyes... or if you dont trust big complicated machines just buy a 12" Dobsonian and look yourself, you can even dismantle it and inspect the device if you dont trust lenses and mirrors.

The whole flat-earth memery is so far beyond retarded that it is 100% a murrican psyop, i live in northern europe and i have never even heard of a person who believes in it.

>100% a murrican psyop
Its not like it started and was led by British people...

It's probably hard but that doesn't mean he's smart, engineers build stuff all the time. Thinking that the earth is flat + injuring yourself trying to prove it shows you have no analytical skills at all

>The whole flat-earth memery is so far beyond retarded that it is 100% a murrican psyop
Nah. I think it's just people wanting to be contrarian and feel like they're in on something important. They don't care about how stupid it is because they're not interested in the actual shape of the Earth.

>Its not like it started and was led by British people...
Might be, i honestly dont care enough to google any solid information about the movement. But even then it makes literally 0 difference, the governing powers in modern west are more or less identical plutocracies with similar agendas and they all bow down to same gods; the central banks. US & UK are only the worst offenders.

No he's clearly retarded. He goes and builds this deathtrap of a steam rocket that could have easily killed him when he could very easily could have booked a short flight on an actual airplane that files at 20,000-30,000ft and have seen the curvature no problem.

Ok, Alex. Nice of you to join us at least

Just go inside a balloon and go up high enough.
Bring also an oxygen tank due to low oxygen /air pressure above.

Why didn't the retard just put a camera on his rocket instead of launching himself with it?

He doesn't believe cameras

Then why didn't he put a parachute on his rocket?

While I applaud people who want to do secondary science in order to ensure previous experiments have valid results, this just isn't the way to do that.

Attached: Rocket to Nowhere.webm (480x268, 1.63M)

The rocket had 2 parachutes I think.

You guys do realize that this whole anti-science thing in the west is being drummed up by the Russians and Chinese right? It is typical bullshit to help cause instability in government. Merely 1 of many many steps.

this graphic doesn't prove anything.

Eratosthenes', the largest contributor to the shadow/stick experiments at around 500 miles, can also prove a flat plane. He also placed the sun at 4000 miles and the moon at 480 miles above the earth.

Attached: hmmm.png (2560x1600, 2.87M)

Attached: Triple Brainlet.png (604x704, 95K)

not true, uk, indonesia, and australia have a lot of participants.

>^ (I still wonder if flat-earthism isn't some sort of government run program
I also think that it's a
PsyOP

Every cgi simulation would prove you wrong.

Could be, but he could also just be crazy. Schizophrenics seem rational until you touch on their core malfunction.

Originally, I thought the TimeCube guy was a brilliant and hilarious performance artist/griefer. The truth was so much more depressing.

It's just the next step of "evolution" of la creatura.

Attached: mutt_tree.png (1600x960, 632K)

He just wants attention. Flat Earth is a PsyOP to associate with moon landing deniers and sink it. Virtually nobody believed it and now it's being memed. UFO theories are also fake, mere crowd instruments.

This is the truth of the matter

>You guys do realize that this whole anti-science thing in the west is being drummed up by the Russians and Chinese right?
Oh, so Chinese and Russians actually own all western mainstream media, corporations and education institutes and aggressively push for multiculturalism/mass immigration and fund the globalist billionaires driving for the same goals through NGO's and various 'philanthropic' funds and charities?

Wow, enlightening, finally i have achieved complete understanding.

>there's flat earthers who believe the windows in airplanes are screens showing false images
You can open windows.

The shills are out to play today. The earth is flat and I find it hilarious to watch these desperately fallacious attempts to discredit it.

If you don't think the earth is flat then you haven't tried to debunk it.

Attached: tys.gif (627x350, 1.1M)

This poster is part of a psyop to discredit the flat earth and UFO truth. Fuck off shill.

hitting it hard huh? any moron who believes your shit deserves all the ridicule he will get.

Kek, your desperation entertains me globecuck. Your pseudo-scientific model is dying an ugly death.

Attached: Untitled-3.jpg (900x506, 108K)

youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM

>b-but it's all fake
>years and years of space streams
>all faked
>tens of thousands of people keeping it all a secret
HAH

Seems legit in all honesty

>You have to be smart to build rockets.
It's probably the simplest device possible. Getting yourself 1875 feet in the air with a rocket can be done by any fucking idiot. Kids build rockets in cub scouts.

>can't into search
youtube.com/watch?v=9-bGJ_RMQ6U

Attached: search-home-made-turbojet.png (545x301, 22K)

You're fooled by the fisheye lens? Of course you are.

Attached: nas.png (1268x1269, 1.66M)

are you stupid? did you forget how retarded your flatearth model would look like from space?

>are you stupid? did you forget how retarded your flatearth model would look like from space?

What are you even trying to say here brainlet?

>moron doesn't even know what his own model would mean with ISS orbiting at about 250 miles
hah, funny stuff

>Brainlet doesn't understand the ISS isn't orbiting anything (there's no one in it).

>Brainlet thinks it's travelling 17,000mph

>brainlet likes spouting brainlet again and again

Thats dope famalama, how much for one them bad boys

Attached: 1516492397433.jpg (849x633, 276K)

Have you considered that space agencies don't use fisheye to try to trick you, but to capture an image with the largest field of view possible? Can you find someone from NASA claiming that these photos serve as definitive proof of Earth's curvature because the surface appears curved in them?

>Globecuck thinks he's spinning 1000mph on a ball that's travelling 66,600mph around the sun, and the sun is travelling 500,000mph around the galaxy, and the galaxy is travelling 1.5 million mph

Learn some physics kid. Oh wait, that's what they teach you in physics? What a load of fucking brainlets.

Attached: moon.gif (1800x700, 1.5M)

Why don't you tell that to the globalists using it as proof of curvature?

>moron doesn't even understand what inertia is
don't talk about physics, please, it's cringy as fuck

>thinks inertia explains everything away

Did Bill Nye teach you that?

Because I don't care what they think.

The main reason the Flat Earth model has gained so much traction lately is because of retards who post fish-eyed images of the horizon or stuff from space probes to try and rubbish it. The Flat Earth model is an exercise in critical thinking and understanding what science is, and every time you try to "prove" the Round Earth model you're failing that exercise.

Attached: 1487633268920.png (710x766, 618K)

Isn't using a plane/helicopter easier and safer ?

He did. He still gets really fucked up.

Not on a commercial jet you cant

That's actually pretty impressive, a guy builds steam powered rocket in his garage, flies 1800 feet up and managed not to kill himself in the process. Being flatearther and thinking he could use this to prove flat Earth is retarded, but building a working rocket is pretty impressive. Also, the very fact that he doesn't want to base his flat-earth view solely on YouTube videos which don't use methods more sophisticated than hs trig, but wants to actually see the flatness of the Earth means this guy deserves some respect, unlike all the other cranks

>this guy deserves some respect
As much as the Heaven's Gate retards did for their dedication I guess. This retard almost got himself killed barely trying to prove his dumb point.

Man willing to die for his ideas, man risking his life for a greater good, these are the things that call for respect.

Not if you're a fucking dummy with a barely thought out plan to attempt proving a barely though out idea. These people are normally called fools, and deserve either pity or contempt, depending on your choice.

This guy is a stupid asshole and it's a shame he didn't die in his Ed, Edd & Eddy junkyard rocket.

Shut the fuck up this is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw

This guy's series is pretty good at ridiculing this horseshit "theory".

Attached: 67803130_p2.jpg (1000x1300, 205K)

cool image
if I have a boner does that scientifically mean im hetero?

>posts anime weab garbage with spines that can twist 90 degrees in the middle
>calls other people retarded

10/10 argument

Attached: 1521715149139.jpg (1080x1075, 187K)

>shoulders and butt in near perfect alignment
>hahaha got 'em!

you're retarded and you jerk off to retarded deviantart anatomy, sad

What are you even babbling about, who even cares about the drawing? Talk about the video instead, stupid!

But I know you won't because you can't, so you're already deflecting onto pointless things like a good conspiratard.

eh. "not kill himself" is relative here. every time he does this he has to be carted off by paramedics and he's in bed for a week

how insecure can you be about being this attracted to a drawing

>this graphic doesn't prove anything.

Ask how I know you did not understand the graphic.

I heard he just co-opted the flat earther belief to get donations.

>thats essentially what he pleaded during his child custody legalities 'he is only a performance artist and is playing a character'
Actually, that's incorrect. "Performance artist" just means that someone in conveying their presentation in an informal manner. A guy giving his opinion on a movie while wearing a Muppet costume is a performance artist, but that doesn't necessarily dictate the sincerity of his review.

>list a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand "flat earth theory"

Please, drool somewhere else.

Not really.

This. Amateur rocketry has been a thing since forever and people have been building way more impressive rockets than this dummy. Only difference is none of them are stupid enough to actually man one of those things, though I think Copenhagen Suborbitals is still working on their manned suborbital rocket.