How do I git gud at plating food?

How do I git gud at plating food?

Practice, also following lots of good restaurants on insta and copying their ideas.

Put shit on the plate and if the person you're feeding doesn't like it tell them they can fuck off and die.

this food makes me angry as a poor american that expects expensive upper class food to cater to my lower class sensibilities

Center all the food, and then ejaculate over it in a swirl or a zigzag or whatever your fag brain thinks up.

>no symmetry
>muh deconstructed version of something else
>muh "edible flowers"
>dust sprinkled everywhere
>was probably made with tweezers
why do chefs do this?

what's so bad about a nice symmetrical plating, and food that's actually cooked, and not deconstructed?

gross

Don’t overfill the plate. Have some variety in the color palate. Don’t do obvious sloppy shit, keep things separated as appropriate. It doesn’t have to be avante garde faggotry just keep it clean

>Here's your Le Skidmark Surprise, monsieur

center your food but slightly to one side. make everything that's not supposed to be focused on perfectly clean or you won't make it. learn general aesthetics

>I see what you did there
Thank you Mr Paddock. I can't believe this plebs can't even get meals like this comped

>2017
>plates

make your food out of 80% edible flowers

>muh schmeer
>muh crackling
>muh crumble
>muh reduction
>muh gell
>muh non-edible theme attributes

well thats definitely creative but fuck eating dessert off the table like a pig

>creative

It's actually really derivative, plus they do it the same each time so it's not even creative by the server

Symmetrical plating is fine and I prefer it, but asymmetry done well is also very appealing. The image you posted is not symmetrical by strict standards, and it's the combination of those items that completes the dish.

>all these dots
is it 2013?

are they supposed to drag shit into the sauce? looks dumb

Alinea, opened in like 2006 or so and was super popular around 2010. The dessert table thing is probably one of the most famous and recognisable desserts in fine dining. Its old and kinda passe now but it was the big thing 6 years ago. The table has a plastic sheet thing on it.

fuck your trips
not everyone eats at taco bell

It's disgusting. No wonder that autistic fuck got tongue cancer if he spent half his career licking food off tables like a fucking mutt.

Fondant

Yeah lets rape his dog, what a fucking nerd.

These aren't even aesthetically pleasing.

the ending has killed my sides.
>oh aaand - fuk'u.