Have IQ between 96-106

>Have IQ between 96-106
>Actually very dangerous and capable of bamboozling people that are very intelligent
>Can learn whatever super intelligent people learn if I try very hard and need it. It just takes more time

Why does IQ matter in real life once you're not retarded?

Attached: 1522017174798.jpg (716x620, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J9neFAM4uZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It just takes more time
Say you spend 16 hours a day studying. A 140 IQ person also spends 16 hours a day studying. Who comes out ahead?

anime girls add 20% to your iq automatically

Well, the 140 IQ person does, but if I'm already committed for 16 hours, I can probably study 32 hours to make up for it.

IQ is a good indicator, but not 100% flawless, because it's a statistic.

>32 hours a day of studying
if you can do that, your IQ might be more than 140

>Watches anime

Have fun daydreaming retard.

IQ is measured through statistical metrics

You know what I mean.
Whoever it is that's the genius man, they're probably not going to study another 16 hour day because they won't need to.

Edward Snowden was captain of the anime club, and his IQ was 160.

>32hours a day
Reminder that a day has only 24 hours.

>Betrays his entire country thus dooming the world to chaos.

Attached: sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u1.png (375x360, 123K)

>statistical metrics

I measured my IQ by gauging my performance in online tactical FPS games.

I'm pretty much an average player despite playing a lot, and I could even adjust for relative level by staring at experience of other players.

I figured that the average Rainbow Six: Siege player is probably a random white person from the United States, and I play at their level, so my IQ is probable to be around 100.

I even took an SAT and got 1100 on it.
I didn't really know what I was doing when I took it though because I was 20 and forgot all about high-school, but I still think it's a good score.

Then I started gauging myself by how long it took for another person to do mental math (ask them what 15x3 is, etc) and I hit an IQ of 100 in terms of raw working memory because it took the same amount of time for me to hit their answer.

It was a home re-modeler/house builder, but she was someone that came from wealth, so she didn't do any thinking to live the life she now lives.

You really don't need to take an IQ test to know how smart you are.

>I measured my IQ by gauging my performance in online tactical FPS game

Attached: 1512254526668.jpg (984x528, 66K)

My sides...
You have killed me...

nigga nobody in their right mind studies 16 hours a day. leaves no time for sleep and recuperation of sanity. nigga gotta eat

I can gauge your IQ purely from seeing this post.

>Not studying 32 hours a day.

What are you?
A brainlet?

What'd you get?

A paradox because I didn't think plant life was capable of shitposting.

>Can learn whatever super intelligent people learn if I try very hard and need it. It just takes more time
This is not true.

I can LEARN, not CREATE

No, you can't. Some constructs are really too complex for you to process, even given infinite time. Sorry.

Average Joe here.

Don't even know what my IQ is. It's probably slightly above average. Honestly, who gives a fuck? Why would you even want a 140 IQ? Show me the significant other of a guy with a 140 IQ. Tell me what he's doing on Saturday night. What does his family think of him? Does he even have friends?

I like being above average, not exceptional. Being exceptional, whether it's a 75 IQ or a 140 IQ sounds like a shit life to be honest. As far as social standing goes, there's not much difference between Forrest Gump and John Nash.

But that's the same thing that can be said about everyone on the face of the earth.

Even John Von Neumann stubbed his brain on mathematics after he got too far into it.

At the same time, anything that he learned through his life-span, I can probably learn.

I probably can't discover it/learn it to the extent that he did and use it to build something incredible, but I can still get very far into it.

>Can learn whatever super intelligent people learn if I try very hard and need it.
Like what?
Give me an example of what you've learned

>implying the people he exposed weren't the real traitors

The issue is that I've never gotten into deep mathematics or science before, so I can't really say that we're on equal footing, but I did meet a bonafide genius back in public school, and we both learned smoke simulation in Blender. He learned it (and mastered it) a lot faster than me, but I could still learn it to his level if I wanted to.

He had an IQ of like 140+.

If I can learn a smoke simulation through will and time and land on the correct answer, I can probably learn high level mathematics (although slower and more screw-balled).

Everything on this earth is just a skill.
High level math is something that you train your brain to get good at.

I used to be incapable of drawing in perspective because it took too much thought to do it, but I acclimated to it and now I'm a master of it.

The issue is that mathematics/physics is a skill, and like any skill, it takes time to get good at it.

>For keeping the country safe.

This is why you are a brainlet.

I agree that you're capped and fucked to die in certain things when you're forced to directly compete with someone smarter than you, but their working memory advantage can only take them so far.

I think that most inventions (the elevator, the escalator, etc) in this reality came into existence through a pencil and a piece of paper and time, not raw intelligence.

Did you actually try on the IQ test?

>exposes a massive government-led infringement of the rights granted by the 4th amendment
He was a hero.

>Show me the significant other of a guy with a 140 IQ. Tell me what he's doing on Saturday night. What does his family think of him? Does he even have friends?
Highly intelligent people live longer, healthier and wealthier lives than their more mediocre counterparts. Furthermore, they naturally find company in thinking men and women during their years at university and in an intellectualyl demanding workplace.
> As far as social standing goes, there's not much difference between Forrest Gump and John Nash.
You couldn´t be more wrong if you tried. Success in business, academia or government requires above average intelligence, and success in these fields is required to find the most beautiful and intelligent specimen of the opposite sex to mate with.

tl:dr; you´ve been rused by hollywood comedies - smart people aren´t disadvantaged in any way, and actually outperform Average Joe in every conceivable metric.

>keeping the country safe requires ignoring the fundamental laws of the land
>"it´s fine to break the law to protect the law"
Spot the brainlet.

I've never taken a good one before.
See

Snowden is a hero.
CIA niggas are evil.

youtube.com/watch?v=J9neFAM4uZM

Attached: CIA.png (400x400, 261K)

>High level math is something that you train your brain to get good at.
You say that now, but I dare you to actually put your money where your mouth is: enroll in a bachelor´s program in mathematics, and then attempt to actually understand the basic courses well enough to gain a near-perfect (small errors in accounting not withstanding) score in every exam.

As a student of civil engineering, I can personally attest to the fact that passing a test is is a worthless indicator of actual understanding of any given subject. Being able to memorize the process of solving triple integrals, singular value decomposition-tasks or differential equations is a far cry from being able to derive the minimum, maximum or saddle-point of a given value on a plane using basic calculus instead of a memorized Hessian Matrix.

Veeky Forums is more obsessed with IQ than /pol/.

Attached: 1521942590588.png (416x396, 174K)

(not him but)
In your opinion, approximately what is the minimum IQ to realistically achieve what you suggest (near-perfect scores in undergraduate mathematics)?

>They live longer, healthier, and wealthier

This isn't necessarily true.
I'd say that wealthier people live longer and healthier life styles because they're wealthy and nothing more than that.

I think you're right about intelligent people finding good companionship in college/university, but it's not because they're intelligent so much as it is because they're in a social environment.

I've met too many college educated fools that come from money that drive straight into flood waters to say that college = smart.

I can't even agree when you say that business and academia require intelligence to be successful in.

If you're a sociable and conscientious man, you'll have a nice social life even if you're as dumb as a brick.

I know a lot of intelligent people are highly successful socially, but that's because of external factors. (Socializing within your race, Socializing with people that have lived a life similar to your own, A desire to communicate and make friends, etc)

I mean the owner of IKEA only has an IQ of 100. It's not everything.

That sounds like a motherfucker even for genius man, so I don't intend to even start, but if I had the drive and desire to do it, I'm sure that I could.

I know what you mean when you say "passing a test doesn't mean a damn thing" because memorizing formulas is garbage and not real mathematics.

You're very deep into mathematics though, and I'm not even past a 5th grade level due to lack of interest.

The compulsory military IQ test I was forced to take placed me in the 60th-77th percentile with a stanine score of 6 - albeit I may actually belong to the 77th-88th percentile, given that I somehow managed to answer (and, as far as I can surmise, with great accuracy) 35 questions on the spatial reasoning part, 37 on the mathematical reasoning part (arithmetic) and only around 22 of the verbal questions. If memory serves me right, many the words we were asked to associate with one another were obscure and not at all commonplace for an average student without an interest in literature.

I have thus far struggled to pass all courses in mathematics, barely scraping by due to the fact that exams place a lot of value tedious, but conceptually simple, solving of somewhat predictable problem sets. Were I required to use the epsilon-delta definition of a limit to prove it´s existence, or to explain (orally or in writing) why the Lagrange method can be used to maximize a function in a given space, I would have dropped out long ago.

Take of that what you will.

>I'd say that wealthier people live longer and healthier life styles because they're wealthy and nothing more than that.
They gain wealth by utilizing their intelligence, and avoid unnecessary risks (smoking, excess drinking, speeding etc.) with that same intelligence.
>I can't even agree when you say that business and academia require intelligence to be successful in.
A doctorate in an objectively rigorous field, such as any STEM-field, requires well above average intelligence.

Big business screens applicants by vetting their SAT-scores, which in turn indirectly serve as an indicator of intelligence.

>I mean the owner of IKEA only has an IQ of 100. It's not everything.
Don´t trust clickbait articles, user.

Woah, I just realized what f(x) means.

High school mathematic courses are garbage.

>You're very deep into mathematics though
Not at all. The book and TA covered the "simple" (for those who understand mathematics) way to derive a method for deducing max, min and saddle points, but for most people, it is much simpler to memorize the Hessian Matrix.

Did you intend to post a normal reply, or have I missed something here?

>online tactical fps games
I thought I was the only one that did this

Well then frig off ya goof. So you can learn to wipe your ass but whathappens when shit hits the floor?

>Smart people don't take risk and enjoy their life

I doubt this.

>A doctorate in a rigorous field requires well above average intelligence

I agree that a doctorate is probably out of reach for people that aren't well above average mentally, but a bachelor's degree isn't.

No, just writing a thought down.
I just realized how terrible my math teachers were growing up.

They encouraged memorization because it's easier than real understanding.

On a certain level though, I look at the founder of IKEA, and I can't help but think that he always wanted to be an entrepreneur.

He started when he was 5 years old.

He was just following his hobby he was highly skilled in and living a wonderful life.

It's totally probable that he had an IQ of 100.

>I doubt this.
Whether or not "enjoying life" equals reckless risk-taking is a wholly different discussion. The facts, however, clearly indicate that smarter people take fewer unnecessary risks, which leads to a longer lifespan and better physical health.

>It's totally probable that he had an IQ of 100.
It really is not. An IQ of 100 may allow you to scrape by in a liberal arts or marketing program, but financially viable entrepreneurship requires a creative spirit that average joes does not possess.

Being somewhat smart is great but if you're too smart, and in the wrong environment, shit can definitely suck. Spending more brainpower on how not to offend brainlets in one way or the other but also not trying to dumb yourself down too much because that's also not good, than on your actual work which happens to require no brainpower at all.. Is a living nightmare kinda lol. You can't laugh at society from afar or have no part at all, you're right in the thick of it. You have to see all this stupidity and you have to just blow it off, but you also have to blow it off correctly because again you wouldn't want to be too stupid or worse crazy. And if you're in management, whew it's gonna be even worse, sandwiched between idiots on both sides, neither of them realizing their follies, and still, you are left with not good options. Of course, one would think just get the fuck out. But that wasn't the subject. As an intelligent person there are plenty of situations you might rather not want any part in at all

>creative spirit is only there for people with IQ's above 100

I've never really seen it in real life before despite running into people that went onto Universities.

I think an IQ of 100 is capable of more than what people think of it as if it's associated with other traits in a human being, and the creator of IKEA probably followed something someone ingrained into him at an early age, and he turned out to be good at it for reasons beyond pure logical intelligence. He was described as conscientious and open, but conscientiousness actually declines with rising IQ scores.

Can you give me an example of follies that slip right under their nose?

I haven't had an hourly job yet.

>anything that he learned through his life-span, I can probably learn.
Not true.

>He was described as conscientious and open, but conscientiousness actually declines with rising IQ scores.
Decline in conscientiousness only comes into play in the extreme end of the spectrum - your average 120 IQ engineer is as conscientious as they come.

uh huh...

Is this really the level of thought a slightly above average IQ (/intelligence) person is capable of?

democracy was a mistake.

>his IQ was 160
no, his IQ was 145+, any score past that is too unreliable statistically

>animegirl poster
>can learn
>very dangerous
No that's a flat out lie. You're just autistic. Go back to watching your shitty weebtoons you mongoloid.

>and I'm not even past a 5th grade level due to lack of interest.
That is enough indication that you don't know what you're talking about when you say you could learn anything if you so desired. You are experiencing the Dunning-Kruger effect, you don't even know how much you don't know. You literally cannot conceive how hard math can get and that' why you assume you could pull it off.

IQ is a meme honestly. The process through which we earn knowledge, especially a priori statements like in mathematics, is too complex to be measured by IQ tests.

>A 140 IQ can learn things I can't even fathom

I don't believe this.

I'm aware that mathematics can become very brutal, but I'm also aware that I can probably get very deep into it despite not knowing anything right now.

It'd kind of be like a slow person learning Algebra, but it'd be calculus or something like that.

I did get a 530 on math SAT though, but that's an average score.

>The process through which we earn knowledge, especially a priori statements like in mathematics, is too complex to be measured by IQ tests.
You are correct. However, IQ tests are not designed to measure the process by which such information is understood - it is simply an effective tool for weeding out those who simply cannot ever learn higher mathematics.

> but I'm also aware that I can probably get very deep into it despite not knowing anything right now.
>530 math SAT
You will never be able to derive so much as the basic theorems in calculus. Trust me - I, among many other brainlets in my polytechnical university have been unable to do so by studying a reasonable (4-5 hours a day) amount, despite us scoring much higher than you on similar tests of aptitude for mathematics. Accept your lot in life, move on and find another hobby more suitable for your skillset.

Of course you can still learn anything if you put your mind to it.

Also, IQ fluctuates. It could be higher than your test indicates.

When I was studying for my SAT, I was bored to tears and didn't want to do a minute of it.

Now that I've given up on drawing for a hobby, I want to take-up mathematics and really understand it before I die.

I feel so jealous of people that can apply it to the real world, and I'd like to be one of those people.

>I'm very smart
>post faggotry

Hahahahaha good one op

Why does everyone assume they have above average IQ?
I have not had my IQ tested but based on my previous academic performance I would be very average if not

I hate to be that guy, but I am, by definition, a genius, and as such will tell you that those with lower IQ can still learn as well, just with greater difficulty and at a slower speed.

I think it's just the way human brains are wired to be.

There's also the issue of no other frame of reference.

When you put these two together, you get "MY IQ IS 132" 30 times over.

I see it on websites like IGN, etc.

Those with higher IQ often have disabilities which make school more difficult.