Well...? Opinions?

Well...? Opinions?

Decent for a children's book. Would suggest it over Harry Potter.
I would put my kid on Narnia instead. (Followed by LOTR in middle school)

I can't think of other mentionable series that are
at that reading level.

why would i read a childrens book

Because it's good

how old are you? by 14-15 I had already moved onto proper novels.

>tfw Violet Baudelaire and Sabrina from a Pokémon are the earliest waifus I can remember

Please explain how that makes Lemony Snicket less good.

Indian in the Cupboard, the Rats of Nihm, Redwall

Awesome series for childrens books

I'm a 21 year old burger and I was never exposed to those books.

I'm sure its great but.... judge your market OP. This is a board with average age of mid-20s and upward. Maybe /dadchat/ is the better board to go

>I was in love with Violet when I was a child
>I have never never felt love that real since then

Me too user. Me too.

this series is quite good. i honestly think it may be the perfect children's series to set up for future reading. it introduces so many references to other literature in a nonnamedroppy way

I found the last book to be very disappointing. The sugar bowl and other mysteries mentioned were never explained, and were just made up as a cheap way of getting you interested in the story. The first 7 books are all very entertaining, but after that there's a clear shift in the story arc and the books start to get more boring.

That's called a maguffin. Also, props for being one of the only people to love the first half MORE than the second

Maybe the REAL sugar bowl was the friends we made along the way

Is breddy gud.

Let your kid read it if you don't want them to turn out to be a Harry Potter Tumblrite retard.

shut up Oda

your dumb

Never spoken to anybody else who's read it but I figured this would be what most people thought. It gets very tedious later on.

I read all those. My outlook on the world was damaged at a young age, but the sleepless nights it gave me led me to secrets worth knowing.

series of unfortunate events > narnia imho then hobbit and LOTR ofc those are a must but definitely snickett over cs lewis as far as that is considered imho

At age 11? Because it's fun to get lost in your imagination before the touch of woman ravishes your innocence and attention.

tfw in 2017 you will never have a lady much much smarter than you but super creative too who isn't a yuppie product that goes to ucla and studies film while wearing uggs and sipping starbucks fuck la

will never have a lady who will discuss the finer details of life with you in a deep, emotional and intellectually stimulating manner who is grounded by her similarly depressing upbringing and whose siblings rule ones basically a litfag and the other a genius in the making. won't be able to cope with the tragedies of the past together on a horseback ride through the fields of a southern us state enjoying the sunlight or go on a hike through the appalachian trail together.

>Let your kid read it if you don't want them to turn out to be a Harry Potter Tumblrite retard
ASoUE fandom is as equally bad as Percy Jackson or Potter fandom. If she wishes to be a Tumblrite retard, she will be regardless of what she reads.

>fandom

There's your first mistake, raising children to be addicted to social media. The whole point of books is given them a place to think on their own.

and writing reinforces that point especially. always hated how that wasn't emphasized in highschool

Because your daddy died in the war, western education is run by women who prioritize socialization over the needs of their poetry-interested students, mummy wasn't diligent enough, you were spurned by your one true love, then you grew up and became a parent

you didn't even get 1 thing right bitch boy.

I was alluding to The Wall by Pink Floyd because you're progressive trash of a weak era.

lmao and ur era is much stronger get eh bud

Go away underage.

Bump for childhood nostalgia

stop you guys it's too real

speak for yourself, i have a fine ucla literary waifu

>liking the first half better
THANK you
The first half set up some good stuff, but it's like the dude couldn't make up his mind on how to wrap up the mysteries.

>it introduces so many references to other literature in a nonnamedroppy way
like what? i read them a long time ago but i can't remember any references

Then read them again. 'cuz there are almost too many to mention

I loved that part where he talked about mexican breakfast foods when they were brainstorming ideas to beat the villan

where are you going to introduce the hobbit. my dad read it to me when I was 5

He never intended to wrap them up when he started introducing them in the 8th book.

there's a pynchon reference in the 7th book if i remember correctly