Horse meat

hi folks, Italianon here
why americans don't eat horse?
it's delicious!

Horsemeat salami is indeed delicious.

It's like eating dog. If you can be friends with it, you don't really want to eat it.
Also, it's considered one of the lowest quality meats. Like raccoon and skunk.

My grandfather was forced to eat horse meat back in WW II due to lack of food. Said it was decent and he didn't know why we didn't eat them regularly outside of muh feelins.

>no brisket
D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I'd try it if I had the opportunity.

>muh feelins
This is literally the only reason most cultures with access to horses do not eat horse meat.

At least in centuries past, there was reason not to eat horse, they were valuable for transportation and labor, so slaughtering them for food was verboten.

However, in a modern society, where the horse has been entirely replaced (for the most part) by industry and motorcars, this vestigial empathy for the horse remains, largely for no reason..

I'm not saying that we should create huge farms that raise horses for meat, but at the very least, do it like Fuddruckers where they have their "exotic" menu with venison, elk and bison, where it's an alternative to beef, chicken or pork.

Kek, you can be "friends" with a cow or a pig too ya dingus. You just don't because it's not what people are used to.
My parents had a tame boar and it was just like a dog.

Also, you can't really be friends with an animal. They just like you because you give them food ffs. Stop being so desperate for someone to like you that you have to put them on a leash.

Horsemeat is delicious and by no means low quality.

>Also, you can't really be friends with an animal. They just like you because you give them food ffs.
t.catfag

> T. Delusional idiot who thinks his dog loves him because he liks his face 10 seconds after liking his own anus and balls and not realizing that whatever dogs do that seem "loyal and unconditionally loving" is basic pack instinct.

And just for the record, i've had both dogs and cats and many more animals. I really like them, but i'm not a fool and mistake them for humans.

Growing up, I was great 'friends' with my neighbor's cat, and I never fed it.
It just wanted to be petted when they weren't around.

There's a social stigma about certain types of animals.
Think of any common animal you'd use for meat. If you can count on one hand the amount of movies that species has starred in, it's probably acceptable to eat.
(Horse vs a cow for instance)
Idk. I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I prefer to stick with tried and true.

You're aware that cats mark their territory by rubbing their glands against something, right? That cat was mainly marking you as her territory.
Anyways, i'm aware that animals can form some sort of bonds and that's cute. But saying that some can and others cant (speaking of mainly bigger mammals, not snails or whatever) is just dumb.

The horse has been romanticized. Much like baseball, there's no use for it in modern day; but it's presence does harken back to the good 'ol days.
Plus there's a ton of ranches out here in the US that treat them like glorified oversized pets.

You can be friends with a...
>pig
>cow
>chicken
>rabbit
>fish
>child
>lamb
but you still eat them
Why not eat dog & horse?

Where are you from user? Piacenza here, we eat horse every other day and it's truly delicious.

Isn't like illegal now to eat horse meat in italy? Like how's illegal eating dog and cat meat?

Yeah science says otherwise. You are literally, factually wrong.

The same center of the brain lights up in dogs for the smell of their owner as well as for their family members, the smell of their owner is actually more positively stimulating than any other smell you can give them. They even understand inflection in our voice, the same center of the brain is activated when the owner uses positive or emotional speech with the dog. Additionally, dogs actively seek out eye contact with humans, something that they don't even do with other dogs they like.

Basically, you are fucking wrong as shit and dogs love us more than they love other dogs of the same litter.

Oh, also, when around their owners, dogs produce oxytocin, better known as "the love hormone," which is the same hormone that humans produce when they look into the eyes of someone they love. Dogs love the shit out of us.

they do all that for food. also you literally described basic pack instinct kek. but they're actually worse than wolves because they change owners

>yeah here is some scientific evidence backed up by brain scans and hormone tests
>yeah that's just memes, kek

You're a fucking retard and you know it.

Just stop

sardinia ;) anyway, i like even donkey meat
horse meat is legal in Italy and I would also like to have cat and dog meats in the future.

I hate to think what research was done and how it was done to figure this out. Also Homo sapheads love to think they are some kind of crown of creation and no other species is capable of true love and loyalty.
I hate humans. Fucking primates.

rhinelander here,
indeed it is.
cows and pigs are equal to horses you dipshit. they can all be your friends, delicious friends.

I'm Italian too and had horse meat as well. i think it's too tough and sweet but has lots of good proteins.

Horses eat more than cows, are harder to raise and are less nutritionally dense than, say, cow meat. You pay more to raise them only to get less food than you would from a cow

You little bitch, I'm raising two harness racing horses, I raised both of their mothers and I fucking love smoked horse meat and cheap-ass russian horse metworst.
>[...]97
Right.

Word.

>child
Those fucks have it coming.

They trained dogs to lie still in fmri machines
Pretty cool stuff

best lean meat, horse salami is great btw

So why can't se eat animals that love us?

because horses were more useful for transportation. then the cattle industry took over.

>most cultures with access to horses do
eat them. Every culture with the history of rising them eat them. Same with reindeer.

Dogs feel a kind of love when they see their owners. This is fact

What about whale or dolphin meat?

>I love my pet chicken, so i don't eat chicken
This kind of relationship is retarded ffs. It's just a fucking animal.

They're too busy advocating (read;bitching) about animal rights

Russian here, I agree completely.

White(ish) American here.

I’ve eaten most types of taboo animals. Cat, dog, horse, monkey, as well as the shit most Americans find weird, like snake, kangaroo, bear, and insects.

It’s all good. It’s all meat. If you can’t get past your feelings to try something new, you deserve to be weeded out from our superior gene pool.
Fuck your dog. Fuck your hamster. And fuck your pet turtle. I’ll eat all that shit.

Also fuck caturday

>I can eat a horse but I can't bang a horse

wtf

>I love my pet human, so I don't eat human
This kind of relationship is retarded ffs. It's just a fucking animal.

I can tell you are either severly autistic or a cat owner

I've eaten horse, it's pretty tasty. If it showed up in supermarkets, I'd buy it. I don't know why burgers are not with the program on this one. Petition time?

I think they just look disgusting. The same reason I wouldn’t eat a possum. I don’t even understand why horses still exist in first world countries. We have cars now so they’re useless in terms of transportation. All horses should be eliminated imo

There's a difference?

The horse population peaked in the early 20th century and is declining ever since.
Also horses look fine, definitely better than cattle.

>Also, it's considered one of the lowest quality meats. Like raccoon and skunk.
where are you getting this? have you even tried it before? horse tenderloin is every bit as tender as beef tenderloin and more flavorful to boot.

Fuck feelings. I'll eat any animal, if I have to. But horses make better work animals than food animals. It's like melting down your nails just to forge a hammer. But since Europeans have a longer history of eating and sacrificing horses than riding them or putting them to work, it isn't as taboo.

Oh boy, you sound like you've got a scraggly neckbeard growing down to your fat man tits.

There is a small niche for horses on beef ranches. Largely you are correct tho.

>>child
Go back to your prison cell Jared.

Hello Mr. hands

KYS
Y
S

>Fuck feelings
I was under the impression that edgelord of this caliber only existed on /b/ and /pol/.

And to a lesser extent /x/.

Imagine what horses would look like if they were selectively bred to produce more meat

Well for one we wouldn't have so many perverts who are into bestiality.
We would have more meat in general and cheaper and poor people around the world would eat more meat.

No more furries either.

Looks like a win win to me bro.

What makes you think we'd have more meat in general, or that it would be cheaper?

>rhinelander here
So do you eat rhino meat as well?

I didn not feel like making a second thread about this topic so I will just post my questions here.

Long story short: I buthered a horse not a long time ago and I have zero experience of cooking horse meat. I have only butchered cows and calfs before this and I have shitton of horsemeat now. Are the ribs tasty? I noticed that they have a quite lot of meat on them. More than your regular cow at least.

Also why the fuck is horse meat so fatty? I have never seen a animal with so much fat around it as horse has! And pony too has a shit ton of fat around it. I tought the most fat I would see was from a cow that had just given birth but holy shit this meat had some fat on it. Pic related.

I don't know, I have mental retardation because of the whole electrical inffeterrence.

Also why do you people keep shitting on horse meat? It's delicious af when smoked and the steaks are to die for
t.

Save the neck for me.

Learn to admit you’re wrong at times, it’ll make it harder for people to figure out you’re under age

Americans are more interested in fucking a horse than eating one.

>Implying the love between a man and a horse isn't the purest form of love

I've always thought eating horse was a waste
if the horse was good enough for eating it should be good enough for riding which gives you much more enjoyment/utility than a coupe of meals

>if the horse was good enough for eating it should be good enough for riding
I can't wait to hear the arbitrary parameters you choose for this stupid ass argument.

I don't know much about horses but if it's healthy and in good condition it could either be put in shape to be eaten or put in shape to be rode
it's work in either direction albeit one direction much harder

Do you know ANYTHING about horses besides how good their cocks feel inside your mouth and anus?

Had horse steak in Iceland, was really great and one of the best meals I had on my trip in Iceland/Scandinivia. It was also one of the most expensive.

Another person I was with also had whale steak, it was four of us so we shared portions of the horse and whale with everyone.

>t. Chinaman

These fucking brainlets pics are getting out of control, that thing wouldn't even be able to breathe, let alone think.

Humans are significantly less intelligent than animals you retard. Especially the way society conditions people to treat other humans. I'm not conditioned or interested in sticking my dick in an animal but byfuckinggolly you better believe when you stick your dick in some bitch you'll be regretting it.

I find them fucking hilarious.

>humans significantly less intelligent than animals
Fuck, please refer to the pic of the first post I responded to

Salami cut is missing from the picture.

What do you think of horsecock, Veeky Forums?

As an American, I really want to try horse but haven't been able to find anywhere to buy it. Anybody in burgerland know how to obtain horsemeat?

are you ok?

go to canada

I'm not going to leafland m8.

>killing a pony
you monster

>Dogs feel a kind of love when they see their owners

Are you saying the same is not true of cows or pigs?

Not trolling,

I am American and my neighbor 2 houses down has a horse farm, One day she knocked on my door and was crying. One horse got loose and apparently got hit by a car, But no cars were around.

She asked If I could "put it down" because I guess she knew I had a gun range in my backyard.

I felt so bad for that horse, He looked like he was really in pain. An I usually don't get upset about things like that

I put him down quickly and painlessly and she asked If I could help bury him with her front end loader (she was very upset still so I said sure and told her to go inside).

I didn't finish digging the hole until dark and she was already presumably asleep or in for the night, So out of curiosity I took one side of It's ribs before burying it and froze them.

Had them about 3 months later on my BBQ, Not bad. But not that great either....

Probably wouldn't buy it at a grocery store, Not very fatty or flavorful.

No really "gamey" taste, But I could tell It wasn't an animal you buy at the grocery store.

IMO deer taste beer

Also RIP horsey

based doggos

Dogs have literally been bred for the last 30,000 years to love us and help us. Dogs are the greatest thing man has ever discovered or created.

i think is wrong to be drive by emotions, it's only food.
same with every religion food ban. damn! free pork meat! free dog meat, free horse meat, free bunny meat!

Kill yourself dogfag, cats are Superior.

t. crazy catperson

>i think is wrong to be drive by emotions
This sentiment is driven by emotions.

Without emotions you would have no conscience incentive for anything.

>deer taste beer
have microbreweries gone too far?

>conscience
Do you mean that or do you mean "conscious"?

Either way you still have incentive for things: your basic biological drives for food, companionship, sex, etc. And of course your logical needs: shelter, necessities, having a means of income to pay for those things, etc.

>or do you mean "conscious"?
That one desu.

>Either way you still have incentive for things: your basic biological drives for food, companionship, sex, etc. And of course your logical needs: shelter, necessities, having a means of income to pay for those things, etc.
There's nothing logical about those needs though, they only exist because you're emotionally attached to remaining alive and scared of the opposite.

Our drives are irrational. Reason itself can not motivate.

Horses are factually dumb, moronic animals, much less intelligent than a pig, they deserve to be farmed and consumed as much as the next animal.

I wonder who could be behind this post...

They're also one of the few non-primates capable of learning to read human facial expressions.
Learn it fast than primates too, since they don't have any conflicting expressions of their own like chimps.

>hey only exist because you're emotionally attached to remaining alive and scared of the opposite.
I don't consider things like hunger and sex drive to be "emotions". Generally speaking, emotions refers to things like anger, sadness, love, hate, regret, envy, etc. None of those things have anything to do with basic survival.

>Our drives are irrational.
What's irrational about survival and procreation for a living thing? Those things have logical needs which follow them: if you're going to get old enough to have and raise children then that requires shelter, food, the ability to attract a mate, and so on. Those requires a source of income. A source of income might require various things depending on what job you're doing. A lawyer needs nice clothes & perhaps a fancy car to promote his image. A mechanic needs tools. A programmer needs computers. A farmer needs land & a means to work the land, etc. Those things are all logical needs that derive from survival and procreation. A farmer doesn't need his tractor because of envy or regret. A doctor doesn't need his stethoscope because of love or hate.

A slav that likes himself some kazy.
I also tried camel and beaver sausages, all good shit mate, try it sometime.