Oi, Veeky Forums opinion of biology

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Oi, Veeky Forums opinion of biology. Including its other subjects like genetics microbiology and so on...

Attached: 1519341542282.jpg (87 KB, 735x671)

happy_sad
happy_sad

Interesting but not as important as physics.
Is good in the practical sense in the way that it sustains humans lives whereas physics tends to by hypothetical but answers much bigger questions.
t. faggot studying biochemistry and then haematology.

5mileys
5mileys

biology's pretty cool but Veeky Forums physics elitists hate it

Inmate
Inmate

right under computer science

and computer science is OK tier

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Biology is, to me, scientific entertainment. It isn't as complex (takes time to grasp) and powerful as math and physics.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Attached: German-Biology.jpg (278 KB, 621x1000)

Methshot
Methshot

biology not important
denying the STUDY OF LIFE
I study physics and you should kys

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

You're right that it's not as powerful as physics and math, but maybe that fact indicates insufficiency of research or the right mathematical models for the job (rather than level of complexity. you really think the host of creatures on Earth is not complex?). Considering I'm a living being, I'd personally like to see us really get to the bottom of the consciousness problem. Bio is important.
T. someone who knows too little about it.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

LMAO
nor near as corrupt nor near as fruitless and fantasy filled

StonedTime
StonedTime

good gawd the brainlets are out in force
no math or physics can even deduce the dna communication it is so complex
algorithms beyond all maths

DeathDog
DeathDog

physics has been denying reality for many decades now, and has answered little to nothing

eGremlin
eGremlin

That's literally what I said. Were you dropped on your head?
lack of mathematical models for the job

FastChef
FastChef

This is bait. I'd love to hear what you even know about it.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Is there any kind of proof that math is incapable of explaining life on a deeper level? Human beings are, in fact, physical things.

Techpill
Techpill

Finding out if the anti-particle of your dick is just as small
Important
Fuck off, physishits are nothing but a mutli-billion dollar drain on humanity.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

how are you going to proof an opinion
math must be tied to physical phenomena
in order to do so, one must already know that

SniperGod
SniperGod

A computer capable of executing complete physics model calculations (approximating the reality) would destroy Biology and any other field of science as well...

hairygrape
hairygrape

Biologists are a bunch of degenerates trying to get rid of God and replace it with communism

Methshot
Methshot

a mind capable of doing complex philosophy would destroy your computer

Supergrass
Supergrass

Complex philosophy.
Philosophy doesn't get answers, it runs into circles...just like any linguistic thinking.

Only through observations and obtention of constant results will the intelligence of an organism increase.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Hope u like 96 well plates and got a strong pipetting thumb.

TechHater
TechHater

Linguistic thinking is more powerful than logic by a shitload.

Skullbone
Skullbone

As a biology/chem double major I think chem is the more important science but biology is a lot more fun to sit around and think about.
You're not wrong.

Booteefool
Booteefool

I'm a postdoc with a background in quantitative ecology, so it's been good to me so far.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Biology is honestly just unique. Nothing else really works like it. Even the best computer modeling/simulations don't do it justice, not matter what sub-field your in. As a result it tells us things about ourselves and the world that we really couldn't learn through any other means out there.

That said, it has plenty of short comings.
Behavioral studies are pretty arbitrary
Ecology is a bit of a guessing game
Phylogeny/Systematics knows there will never be a "right" answer
Molecular biology almost always ends up being useless, even in laboratory settings.
Your sample size will always be small.

Oh, and expect to kill a ton of organisms and then be outdone by some nut job who likes bugs.

Attached: Truth-f72165-4878098.jpg (98 KB, 540x701)

girlDog
girlDog

As a field, the most respectable work is occurring in molecular biology and biochemistry departments.

As a major, I have little to no respect for it because it is filled with the worst of the Pre-Med students and others who should have selected biochemistry as their major for the best chance at a job/best resume when applying for graduate programs.

I am a biochemistry student turned from a pre-veterinary student.

takes2long
takes2long

the most respectable work is occurring in molecular biology and biochemistry departments
By who's opinion? Yours? OK.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Yeah, it's in my opinion. I am also just a junior undergraduate student.

I never said I was not biased or as informed as someone who has worked for much longer in any of the departments in question.

TechHater
TechHater

I'm glad you recognize your biases. Just curious, but why do you consider the most respectable work to be happening in those departments?

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

This picture is so accurate

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit