Why are waiters/waitresses so entitled? Waitresses more so. They act like they have the hardest job in the world...

Why are waiters/waitresses so entitled? Waitresses more so. They act like they have the hardest job in the world, especially compared to cooks. Yeah, saying "hi my name is X and I'll be your server today" and bringing food to tables and then getting paid like 50$ tips per Table on a busy day while every other employee gets jack shit. And then they act like they deserve those half a daily pay in tips cause their work is so hard, fuck off if you're a waiter and you think your job is the hardest in the restaurant and you brag to every other employee who doesn't get paid tips about how "this 4 person table left me a 150$ tip" when thats half your fucking daily pay, fuck you. Nothing against chill waiters though they're cool and fun to work with but sadly they're a minority.

Because they're dumb people with a thin grasp on reality

Because it's the only way to rationalize their dead end life.

I know what you mean, user, as waitstaff I'm usually embarrassed on the behalf of those entitled retards. I make it a rule to not discuss any sort of money (especially in front of BOH staff that doesn't share in a tip pool) during the shift, those greedy fucking waitresses ruin the actually fun and self-fulfilling aspects of waiting tables by making it about money.
You sound like you work in a kitchen, do you like it at all besides entitled coworkers?

yeah I love my job, thats the only reason why i dont complain to anyone higher up at the restaurant irl, dont wanna be seen as the guy who starts shit or complains or something

>>>>menstrual blood cake

but why

Blood turns black when cooked. Just someone making shit up for attention.

a woman doing something for attention? impossible!

Where I work tips are collected in a pool (both cash and credit card tips) and then divided between everyone and it's based on how many hours worked, people that serve the food and take orders work the least hours and people on line/prep have more. I don't get places that don't share tips with the back of house, considering they do more work and don't just stand and look pretty for 8 hours a day

yeah I know most restaurants do this but the one I work at doesnt sadly.

No one would want to work at this kind of place

The bars I worked at did a tip pool as well, with barbacks getting a small cut on Friday and Saturday service. It was pretty solid to not have to feel like we had to compete with one another to earn a higher tipout since it was all based on worked hours.

It was weird shifting to a restaurant where we had our own individual tipouts, fortunately only two or three people consistently complain about getting stiffed. I'm mostly in it since I like what I do.

I am also of the group of people that do not like tipping but I am a delivery driver so i cant say too much. I will tip when I go out which is why I only frequent two restaurants an Asian restaurant and a burger restaurant. Both places know me and they know what I order and let me sit wherever.
Bartenders get nothing from me unless they actually mix a drink and its decently strong. drinks that are just poured into a cup and beers being handed to me get no tip. if you tip in these cases you are a fucking cuck.
Just the other day I went to a show and the fucking WILL CALL person that just marks your name off a list had a tip jar! another show I went to the people that just hand merch out at a table had a tip jar! When the fuck did just doing your job warrant a tip? I fucking hate all this obsessive tipping bullshit.

the will call person has a tip jar so you can tip money and they call you earlier, you know that right? its like a bribe basically, slide them a 50 and you'll get called in as soon as a tables free

A Thai restaurant that I really like raised all their prices a little so that you don't have to tip. I'm not sure if I like it this way or not.

It rarely happens because when restaurants try to do that, their servers suddenly get jobs elsewhere.

BoH making a quarter of the money the servers do is nonsense but it's unlikely to change.

Honestly I almost took this attitude when I put myself out there too. This was before the SJW 'movement' though. I just couldn't find a decent girl. Too much drama and all the good ones were taken already.

Foh here. Maybe you could be a waiter if you weren't an anti-social cokehead felon with an intelligence level of an illegal immigrant who can't speak english.

100% organic, local, free range b8.

squeaky wheel gets the grease.

You don't tip fast food workers, so you shouldn't tip at all. It's the restaurateurs who keep the laws that way instead of just paying people a decent wage.

I can tell you that working fast food is WAY fucking harder than bringing a couple plates and drinks to a table every 5-10 minutes. Fast food customers are complete dicks to the workers and the turn around time is a couple minutes, and the customers are pretty nonstop the whole shift. But no tips, and don't give me that "servers are attentive for 30 minutes" bullshit, because they aren't.

That said, I always tip in the US, but it's fucking stupid.

The place I work is pretty nice. The owners pay the servers minimum wage, and servers are required to tip out the kitchen 20% or more what they take every night. Obviously this isn't monitored so very occasionally we get servers that dont pay out.

Also the kitchen gets 100% of all tips from togo orders. Thats like 40% of our dinner rush too so it's a p nice setup.

Nope. Will call should be instantaneous, or I call your manage and get you fired. If I'm on a list, you better get my ass in NOW, as I am not a plebe ticket holder. I know that sounds entitled as shit, but if I am on the list, I know the performer or the sponsor. So, bend over and kiss it, because I am probable a corporate lawyer for GM or Metallica's doctor or some shit, and I am pretty much here just to say "hi" to some people for 30 mins and go back to making money. Your will call ass better just do your job or I will make sure you're fucking fired as shit for wasting my time.

Told a friend of mine who waits tables that Im not into the hole tipping idea and he got surprisingly offended. Tried to tell me about how hard he works and that he and other waiters need the money and yadda yadda. Just my honest opinion wounded his pride.

Waitresses are the military wives of the service industry

t. internet tough guy who eats spit alongside his restaurant orders.

m a chef in a restaurant that makes burgers worth more than what YOU earn working a full day at your shitty server job at some cuck truck stop restaurant.
plus, the fact you got mad at this post even after clarifying that not all servers are like this, means that you are this type of frustrated dead end server, now go clean some dishes kid

I only tip because I'm afraid the entitled little shits will spit in my food if I don't. I can't wait until they all get replaced by robots.

I hate when the waiter/waitress is really fucking hovery to try and get a good tip

You know when they interrupt your conversation every other minute asking "IS EVERYTHING OK, MORE WATER? MORE COFFEE? MORE SALT?"

Back the fuck off and let us eat and socialize you desperate whore

Because women. They have to let everyone know how impossibly hard their easy lives are so people give them attention and betas will give them more money.

>tips
there's your problem. when you live in the majority of countries that dont have tips then it's not an issue. they're just some fuckheads doing non-skilled labour bringing food to tables. Bonus too is the quality of their work doesn't change depending on how much pocket money they got.

You know, that's what the whole rest of the world does. Make enough money that they can pay their fucking staff themselves instead of making the public deal with some retarded holdover "tradition" from before the Great Depression.

Slightly unrelated, I fucking hate bellhops/piccolos/hotel bag carriers. I already got my bags all the way to wherever the fuck I am, and now you wanna carry them the last thirty feet for a tip? Fuck off and get a real job.

I worked at a fancy hotel cleaning rooms once. Funny thing is the cleanest rooms always left the tips and the dirty ass fucks never would.

I remember when I worked in kitchens a good amount of the servers used all of their money just to go out and party, they were living at home not going to school or paying off any loans.

If this sounds like the servers who you work with good chance they have a drug problem.

>Implying that those aren't the usual american waiter characteristics