HOW TO STOP WASTING TIME ?

So as always "scientifically" how can I top wasting time ?

Attached: 1521847750994.jpg (462x500, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Akrasia
lesswrong.com/posts/4hMQHGMnsR4GJALmc/breaking-the-chain-of-akrasia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop browsing Veeky Forums and turn your computer off.
t. scientist

I need to keep it on for studying

Download a Chrome extension called "StayFocusd"

how do you waste time ?

It's pointless
>Veeky Forums
>reedit
>stupid songs
>vedia games

but its fun

Patience. And taking your goals and breaking them down into steps so you can spend 30 minutes to an hour on one step.

Blocking sites on your local machine either through using a browser extension or through the hosts file is indeed pointless, because it's very easy to turn off. You could however set up your router to use a raspberry pi (or an old computer you have lying around if you have one) as the DNS server and block sites there. Then you could disable SSH access to it so turning the blocking off would require you to plug the machine into a monitor, which would be a real pain in the ass, so you most likely wouldn't do it.
The downsides are that turning off SSH access would also make it very hard to add new sites to the blocklist (unless you set up some interface that can only add but not remove sites from the blocklist), and that some sites fall into both the useful and the time-wasting category, like youtube (or even reddit in some rare cases).

>All that work in order to stop procrastination

+1

?

uwu

Make sure to only do things that you want to do.

boost dopamine by amphetamines or other means. your reward cycle (dopamine interactions in brain) are the reason you waste so much time

kek

There's no easy way, you waste a lot of time, that's a bad thing, you need to stop doing it.

No one in this thread is going to come up with some amazing string of letters that's going to completely change you when you read it, it doesnt work like that, you know you are being retarded, you need discipline, and not just for a day, but the rest of your life, so just fucking do it. This is on you.

Wasting time is such a cool way of living, the universe is meaningless anyway.

This.

Attached: a19c8318gw1f77dddh6v9j20ku0v9n1b.jpg (750x1125, 160K)

b-but what if i need it for UNI ?

t'brainlet

haahhahaah

?

You're literally just addicted to dopamine, similar to any other drug addiction.

Either cut it off or make a schedule which you follow 100% and slowly reduce the amount of "wasted time" in your schedule.

>Veeky Forums
> Veeky Forums related youtube videos
> anime
> fapping
> watching news
> sleeping

God, Sakurako is so sexy

that's cool

This

?

Plan ahead a schedule and make yourself a deadline.

+1

my strategy for studying and working homework is to drink like 40 oz of black coffee while blasting my headphones with music i listened to in middle school

the caffeine and music gives me stimulation that puts me in a mood where i'm more easily coaxed into actually applying myself. if i try studying or working homework without coffee or music i absolutely hate it and get unreasonably angry when i eventually encounter a problem that requires a lot of effort to solve.

start recording what you do throughout each hour.

>wake up at 7 am, write it down
>at 8 am explain what you did
"I got ready for class, ate breakfast, jumped on the bus to campus"
>at 9
>at 10
etc etc
>at 3
"I sat on Veeky Forums for 30 minutes as a break from doing homework. From 3:30 to 4, I did programming"

Eventually you'll see what's taking up your time. Also, I think it's better to fill most of your Veeky Forums time with reading. Doesn't matter what you're reading but it's usually not as bad for you as browsing this hell hole. I'm reading halo books to pass time just because they're easy and nostalgic.

When you study, do the tomato timer thing and also be reasonable. Don't sit down and think "ok time to do 3 hours of math", think "Ok 2 pomodoros for trig integrals, 3 for Sequences and Series, and 2 for vectors."

Also, a good idea to knock out your easy classes homework for the entire week on monday.

fascist music