For me Knorr stock pot just tastes better

For me Knorr stock pot just tastes better

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yeg67jnZozU
youtube.com/watch?v=48boJMQRpL4&feature=youtu.be&t=30
youtube.com/watch?v=tglNuzSuOMU&feature=youtu.be&t=408
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gelatin stocks are good, though. When you hear horror stories about old instant stocks it's mostly about dehydrated cube variety.

why doesnt he shake the pan?

They're better than the cube variety but they still suck compared to proper homemade stock.

Also notice that MPW doesn't recommend their use when texture really matters. He just suggests them as flavoring, and I don't see an issue with that. Especially given the audience is amateur home cooks.

Anyone who knows what they're doing won't be paying any attention to his ads anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=yeg67jnZozU
>4 stock pots
How do we stop him?

Why people keep bugging about him using instant stock?
No one actually have time to make proper stock if they're working.
The knorr endorsement is not for high class high end home cooks, they're for normal people

Nah, he's being honest. And who cares? It's up to you to use it or not. Add or take, you've got your tongue to judge it.

>No one actually have time to make proper stock if they're working.
Save chicken scraps in a plastic bag in the freezer until ready.
Brown in the oven for 15 minutes or so.
Boil the shit out of them in an Instant Pot for 2 or 3 hours.
Take the lid off, set it to simmer, let it go for an hour or two, freeze it all in an ice cube tray.
Takes you one evening and you don't have to baby it.
Get on my FUCKING level.

He shakes the universe around it

>hey look, I'm making my own stock!
>everyone definitely should follow me!
>i'm totally not an ass!

>Instant Pot
What if you don't have one?

I use boullion powder as seasoning

Little bit more Olive Oil

>wasting an evening on this shit

For me I love worcestershire sauce

For me, it's Thai curry paste from an Asian supermarket.

>he doesn't use Knorr stock pot to season his water
Better than salt!

Knorr stock pots are pretty much the best bouillon type product there is, since they're mostly just reduced stock. Providing you buy them when they're discounted, there's nothing wrong with them.

>If I'm being honest, Knorr stock pots make your food taste better. You should try it.

it seems alright but idk, why not just use stock?

Yeah, but see, most people live balanced lives and have other shit to do.

>live balanced life
>can't find 3 hours one night a month to do an activity
wew...

>not using better than bouillon

pleb alert

not cant, just dont want to because its so unnecessary when i can just get the same effect by spending three dollars. oh wow im saving 3 dollars per month by doing it myself, who fucking cares?
thats autism man, you're autistic

Knorr is great. I like to use it to dilute tomato paste when making my spaghetti sauce

You didn't even prep and add veggies. What's the fucking point faggot

>colored salt water with no collagen or background flavor
>same effect
I bet your soups hate you.

>Yeah, but see, most people live balanced lives and have other shit to do.

I consider cooking good food to be among the most important things I could possibly be doing. And as for stock, it's easy as fuck because it's all hands-off. It can sit there simmering away while I am doing other things.

You can't get the same effect by spending $3. You get a far lesser quality "substitute" for your $3. Nobody makes stock because they want to save $3. They do it because it makes their food taste a hell of a lot better.

NEET detected

It’s worse than that, man. He’s spending 3 hours for $3. Personally, I have skills and an education, so my time is worth more than $1/hour

not autistic, just a better cook than you.

Sorry friend, you are most definitely autistic.

Not everyone has time to prepare chicken and boil the stock out of the remains you now? Not everyone has money to buy chicken everytime they want to use stock. That's the point of bouillons or stockpots or prepared stock. It does not taste the same because every stockpot is different. It is not industrial. But ffs quit projecting your elitism here, you're just being a massive, massive cunt.get fucked.

god damn morning Veeky Forums is shit
>why bother cooking thing when you can buy it cheap, what are you autistic or something

say you value your time at $30 p/h, that would mean making any dish that takes an hour to make and costs less than $30 is a waste of your time. that seems like a retarded way to look at cooking. it's supposed to be an enjoyable activity in and of itself (like reading, playing a sport or even watching a movie), not something you do because you have to.

sure i can grow tomatoes and crush them myself but if i can get the exact same thing for 75 cents in a can that saves me tons of time why wouldnt i just do that

>im a better cook because i save $3 in three hours
congratulations?

you missed the point of my post
why come to a cooking board and mock people who enjoy cooking

I don't you see doing anything other than bitching at people for how they cook faggot. You wanna make Veeky Forums better? Go post a fucking cookalong you stupid cock sucking jackass. Why don't you dump your head in a toilet and inhale you pretentious autistic fuck

oh dear lord, you've wounded me so badly with your words that I must go to the hospital and get fixed up. someone take over for me

ok maybe I am autistic. i'm 48 years old and they didn't test for that shit back then so i could be. i just grew up in a poorish household that taught me to not to take things for granted or be wasteful. I cook roasted chicken. my wife and i eat what we want of it and then i throw the rest into a crockpot set on low with about 2 liters of water. the next day i have about 1.5 liters of stock that i then turn into soup for later. it hardly takes anytime to do and i've done it so many times that it is just automatic for me to do after having chicken.

>Not everyone has time to prepare chicken and boil the stock out of the remains you now?
I am sure there are some people who honestly don't have the time. But I think that 99% of people do, they just choose to spend it on other things instead.

>> Not everyone has money to buy chicken everytime they want to use stock.
Sure, I get that too. But even if you buy chicken parts to make stock (instead of saving your scraps) it's hardly expensive.

I don't think there is anything wrong with using bullion cubes, stock pots, better-than-bullion, etc, in a pinch. (heck, I have 3 flavors of the latter in my fridge). But that said, it is absurd to assert that making stock is difficult or costly, or that the substitutes are as good as the real thing.

>>projecting elitism
Please. There's nothing "elite" about making stock. It's one of the most basic things you can do in the kitchen.

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that 99% of the readers of this site could easily make their own stock. They just don't bother. They'd rather shitpost online, play video games, send inane texts, etc, etc, instead. And there's nothing wrong with that. Some people just don't like cooking. But it's absurd to assert that making stock is prohibitively difficult or expensive. Fuck, when I was in Uni and working a full-time job I still had time to make my own stock: I made it in a crock pot while I was at work.

i've just recently started watching a bunch of videos of him on youtube. Why is he so JUST?
There is no comparison between his old self and him now. Like two different people.

On a semi-related note: why the two horizontal cuts into the onions? It never made sense to me.

>why the two horizontal cuts into the onions?
If you try and dice an onion without those you'll end up with some unusually long parts. They come from the edges of the onion; the center part obviously doesn't need the cuts.

i'll have to pay attention to that next time. ty user

This guy looks like an unshaved, unwashed dick

What a prentious snob..

but what if i want soup but didn't roast a chicken recently?

i get the stock out of the chest freezer from previous cookings.

This. Stock is one of those things that's so fundamental to cooking that you always have it on hand. Not having stock in your kitchen is like not having cooking oil, salt, or flour either.

I make big-ass batches every once in a while. I pour the stock into those disposable plastic containers and freeze them. That way any time I need to make soup, sauce, beans, stews, braises, etc, I just grab one out of the freezer and thaw it out.

>Stock is one of those things that's so fundamental to cooking that you always have it on hand
i'm all for making you own stock but this is just straight up lies. stock is not that essential. you could do most things that use stock just as well with water if you build the flavors up right. it might add a depth of flavor to simple vegetable soups but in hearty braises, stews and soups it won't be missed.

>stock is not that essential
this gets into territory that isn't quantifiable. people have different taste and while i would miss richness of the stock, you may not. this is ok. I do not have to eat what you eat. And you are not eating at my home so... who cares.

>you could do most things that use stock just as well with water
Hell no.
You'll be missing out on a lot of flavor that way. And for many stock applications, like sauces, soups and stews, you'll have a thin watery texture without the gelatin from a good stock.

There's a reason why stock making is the first section in many classic cookbooks and why it's one of the first things taught in cooking school. It really is that important.

Or not.
It depends on each person diet. Different cultures.

Cultures? It's a basic physical process bro. If you cook meat in water some of the flavor leaches out into the water. That means the meat has now lost flavor.

essential to french cooking maybe. but most of the worlds cooking is not french. but most does use oil, salt or flour which stock was compared to. speaking of flour you could get a thicker texture to your sauces by using a little flour too.

Yes it is. I don't care if you make stocks, or if you don't. But start preaching that every food should use stocks, or everyone should make stocks, it's what irks me. I live without making stocks time to time. I do not cook whole chicken. If I use meat, i do not make it into stock. Same with mushrooms and vegetables.These people here implying that prepared stock is a sin somewhat. Yes everyone can make it. Does not mean everyone should do it.

Yeah so if I'm making a stir fry do I need stock?
If I'm making omelettes do I need stock?
If I make green curry do I need stock?
Yes the stock is there when cooking but heck i do not need a gallon of chicken water to start cooking everything.

>itt faggots defending stocks because of france five mother meme sauces

It's vital to Japanese and Chinese cuisine for sure. I can't speak much for Italian since I am not very experienced with that, but I've had many "Vegetable" soups at Italian restaurants that were clearly cooked on a meat-based stock.

>But start preaching that every food should use stocks, or everyone should make stocks, it's what irks me.

Nobody said that, user.

>>These people here implying that prepared stock is a sin somewhat.
It pretty much is. Given how simple and inexpensive it is to make stock this seems like a very silly place to cut corners and use prepared stock instead.

We're saying that if you are cooking a food that requires stock, it's better to use homemade. We're also saying that making homemade stock is simple.

Where'd you pull the "Mother sauces" out of? Nobody mentioned them. And stocks are sure as fuck important in many other cuisines. Your Japanese Ramen, Italian Minestrone, Chinese hot-and-sour soup, etc, would be pretty fucking awful without stock.

lol, stock isn't necessary for any of those apart from hot and sour soup. even if we concede that it is, it's just 3 soups. soups are not a big part of most people's diet. and stock isn't an essential component of all soups. ergo stocks aren't as important as you're making them sound.

>He thinks stock is a mother sauce
Retard.

no one will ever be able to convince you otherwise because you are always right about everything and have the optimal taste buds for all humans. combined with your overpowering intellect. is it possible that you will ever be wrong or would that tear a hole in the fabric of the universe?

Mother sauces uses stocks you retard

>lol, stock isn't necessary for any of those apart from hot and sour soup
It's necessary for all of them. Can you imagine how shitty ramen would be without the flavor and the texture of a good stock? You might as well be eating instant at that point.

Soups are a huge part of many people's diets. And stock is super essential for a halfway decent soup. That's the whole point, really: a soup, braise, or stew sucks ass when it's made with water instead of stock.

Anyway, I mentioned those things offhand, but stocks have far more uses than those. Chili is god-tier made with beef stock. Any kind of stew or braise uses stock. Pan sauce? Stock. Heck, even most stir-fries contain a bit of stock. Ever watch Chen Kenichi on Iron Chef? That mofo reaches for the baitang stock more often than an alcoholic reaches for his bottle.

I think the point was that stocks are used in some of the mother sauces, but that's kind of silly since nobody ever mentioned them in the first place.

I've done this twice until I realised it's a waste of time, stock pots are too cheap, easy, and tasty to have to go through this shit

i've read this like 15 times. did you have a stroke?

no

Stock is not a mother sauce you fucking cretin.
Work on your reading comprehension, visual learner.

Béchamel Is a mother sauce and doesn't use stock.
Retard.

Hollandaise Is a mother sauce and doesn't use stock.
Retard.

Its easy as shit to make your own stock. I did it last week with a carcass and saved up necks. Simmer in a stock pot for 10 hours, I got about 10 cups of chicken stock.

If you do it with veggies its like an hour and a half to finish.

Read my reply mofo, i said sauces, not sauce and uses. I know it is hard being a burger but fucking hell. And your three replies on a single post is being autistic. Fuck off.

O B S E S S E D

>I'm 48 and post on Veeky Forums
>maybe I'm autistic
You don't say

>So fundamental to cooking... not having stock in your kitchen is like not having cooking oil, salt, or flour either.
Nah bro you're fucking gay. I cook everyday and have never made stock. On the rare occasion I need it I just use bouillon cubes. Oil, salt and pepper however, you really can't get by without.
Pic semi related, it's your mom's titties before I hot dogged them bitches you gay motherfucker

>misusing banter for bantering
Truly a burgerland resident, as ignorant as it is. Retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=48boJMQRpL4&feature=youtu.be&t=30

some futurama -level shit here

But Knorr stock pots are pretty much just heavily reduced stock.

But thats not chicken stock

Really? I read it once and understood it.

remember when he cooked his 3 star michelin meal for a documentary

youtube.com/watch?v=tglNuzSuOMU&feature=youtu.be&t=408