People who didn´t deserve the Nobel prize of literature

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Zf04vnVPfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Obama

they had to give it to a jewish guy or they would be called anti-semitic

Kek
Just like Malala the sand nigger, she was just a SJW and got shot in the head, and boom, Nobel prize of peace, now that´s bullshit

The Nobel Prizes in Literature/Peace are obviously very politicized at this point in time.

Bob Dylan's award just cleared up any doubt about it. The meme awards do not matter, carry on.

the vietnam war is a very important political question at this point in time

This but if Bob Dylan isn't Veeky Forums then who the fuck is?

Still salty for Dylan's award? Why do you even care about it? It's just a prize. Not even Dylan take it seriously.

The other nominees

Fortunately Dylan knows he doesn´t deserve it. Why do I care? Because it used to be an important award, and it´s value decreased tremendously, which is sad

Hey! No!

Dylan actually does deserve a Nobel, but not for literature - he would deserve a Nobel for music or songwriting if there was one. The reason being that, while some of his songs are genius-level literature, they don't work nearly as well if you removed the way they are sung, the music, etc.

>This but if Bob Dylan isn't Veeky Forums then who the fuck is?
Lol

> some of his songs are genius-level literature
Which ones? Please enlighten me.

>hey, let this murderer go free you racists
>he was an athlete, they don't deserve punishment
Nobel Literature Prize folks.

>implying Miro wasn't the superior writer

Who? I'm not familiar with him

I mean he said himself that he didnt deserve it and didnt want to take it.. the nobel lit prize is just political bs these days

Desolation Row and Shelter from the Storm are two good starting examples.

Bob Dylan perfected the American myth, in case there was any doubt about it. No living writer is more deserving.

Patrician choices
>On a little hilltop village
They gambled for my clothes
I bargained for salvation
She gave me a lethal dose
I offered up my innocence
And got repaid with scorn
Come in she said, I'll give ya'
Shelter from the storm

Visions of Johanna, It's Alright Ma, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall are all breathtakingly good.

If they were gonna give it to a songwriter, they should have given it to Leonard Cohen before he died.

Veeky Forums would probably be a better judge desu

Leonard Cohen is nowhere near as good as Bob Dylan.

>blacked.com winning the Nobel prize of literature

tomas transtromer

He can't even rhyme

"people who did deserve the prize" would've been a better thread

>"Eyvind old boy, I have a great idea. We're both part of the Academy. Why don't we give the prize to ourselves?"

>breathtaking
reddit

We wrote a dramatic dialogue about that for school. Unfortunately we couldn't make the line "don't run with scissors" fit.

BTW, Heidenstam, and Lagerkvist were academy members when they won it too. What a shitshow.

Buck
Russell
Churchill
Golding
Bergson
Every Swede to Have ever won
Sartre

all the non-male writers

FPBP once agin, I see.

>muh rhyming
sup reddit

Llosa and Coetzee, Llosa is a south american commie with rape fantasies about the huehuehueBR's and Coetzee is an apologist who cried because "muh apartheid was bad" despite the fact that he not only hasn't lived a significant part of his life in apartheid South Africa, he also went to university in the US and dodged the draft.

Not him but he's right, those songs have Bob Dylan's best lyrics

Saramago

>Över tak och torg, gräs och gröda
>ringer klockorna mot levande och döda.
>Svårt att skilja på Krist och Antikrist!
>Klockorna flyger oss hem till sist.

>Llosa is a commie

This is not correct
This is but it isnt his fault for writing lyric instead of prose or verse
These are the best answers

>Churchill
Churchill is fucking great, Marlborough and his WW2 memoirs stand by themselves.

On the fence

Pic related is my contribution. The Good Earth's prose is boring and unimpressive, the story sort of soap operaesque, characters uninteresting, and she is obviously channeling prose from Outlaws of the marsh and red chamber, which runs sort of flat in english

Whaaaat? You're dumb.

>Llosa
>left wing

It'd be easier to name the ones who DID deserve it.

yeats, mann, eliot, faulkner, camus, neruda, marquez, oe

Churchill. Come on. If it weren't for Dylan, it wouldn't even be a competition.

Someone explain what happened here? Apparently the second guy killed himself because of this?

Go back to

>Llosa is a south american commie
Spot the fujimorista

Not much to explain. Two authors without big international reputations who were members of the academy that decides the winner shared prize in 1974. This unsurprisingly was criticized and one of them, who was already mopey about critics disliking his last work took a scissors to the stomach.

name better lyricists

Gucci mane, lil Wayne, snoop dogg? Need I say more?

Dylan's best lyrics still fail as standalone pieces.

Prudhomme
Munro is a bit of a stretch
Rolland
Buck
Fo

>Fo
square

Me. I didn't deserve it

Songs of Love and Hate eclipses Dylan lyrically

I'm not for Dylan getting the prize, but in my opinion the Ballad of Hollis Brown is as emotionally powerful as any Steinbeck novel.

That's just silly. Leonard Cohen is the only man who comes close to Dylan.

For some reason Dylan's songs have a strange, dark, mystical quality to them that I don't sense in Leonard's songs. They are both writing from entirely different dimensions. Leonard is more pure, and human to me. Dylan is otherworldly.

SOLAH is my favorite album and this just screams to me that you haven't tapped into Dylan's work.

Good post. No matter how often I listen to Dylan, I still can't help but feel I've barely touched his true identity.

Sweet Melinda, the peasants call her the goddess of gloom
She speaks good English and she invites you up into her room
And you're so kind and careful not to go to her too soon
And she takes your voice and leaves you howling at the moon

Because you haven't, nor have I, or anyone else for that matter. Which is why I'm more partial to Leonard Cohen, because I simply can't relate to that otherworldly quality.

If you are curious as to what I'm talking about just listen to Brownsville Girl, Idiot Wind (New York Session), and It's Alright Ma.

"Then Dylan says to me, ‘As far as I’m concerned, Leonard, you’re Number 1. I’m Number Zero.’ Meaning, as I understood it at the time—and I was not ready to dispute it—that his work was beyond measure and my work was pretty good."

Wait, am i being baited

Steinbeck is in my opinion even more undeserving of the nobel prize than Dylan desu

you start niggerfaggot
correct

who cares, it's a joke anyway

>ywn accpet a nobel prize and simultaneoulsy btfo the academy that awarded you

youtube.com/watch?v=3Zf04vnVPfM

fuck you money son

Fucking fascist accepting a prize from Pinochet, who doees he think he is

the peace prize committee and the literature prize committee have nothing to do with each other