Is it true that postmodernism has fucked up civilization? Do we have too much freedom to express ourselves...

Is it true that postmodernism has fucked up civilization? Do we have too much freedom to express ourselves? Have we become too redpilled?

Post your WAIS-IV composite IQ score.

I swear this board is 50% bots. Don't you have anything better to do than search the catalog for threads with the word "redpill" and post "go back to /pol/" or some retarded shit in them?

Postmodernism exposed that civilization is fucked up. Like atoms have always been there but it wasn't until recently that they were actually discovered.

post modernity isnt any one philosophy, it's a branch all term referring to a time period within academia. We dont even live in a post modern era currently (post-structuralist, if even that, I feel our new age is beginning, if only we had literary heavyweights still alive)

>Everyone tells me to go away whenever I post
>It must be them that's the problem

Lol, no...

Postmodernism is what, very intentionally, fucked it up. Instead of focusing on European ideals that strive to attain truth, knowledge, and rationality, we instead began focusing on jewish ideals that actively distort, invert, and destroy those principles. Jewish postmodernism therefore tries to state that truth is subjective, knowledge is unattainable, and rationality doesn't exist. Jews in academia and the arts pushed these ideas because they are reflective of the jewish spirit - the outsider who hates the host nation and its people and seeks to destroy it through subversion. That's what postmodernism is and always was.

>Ideal

There's your problem. Civilization isn't its ideals.

go talk to a doctor before you completely crack

European civilization is most definitely about striving for ideals and always has been.
A) jew
B) can't refute
C) both A and B
Money's on C.

>European civilization is most definitely about striving for ideals and always has been.

Yeah, 'striving for' isn't 'achieving'... which is the point. You assume these ideals are reachable without actually ever reaching them. "True European civilization has never been tried! The Jews keep preventing it!"

Postmodernism is the truest thing we have.

They are reachable and can be achieved. What you're promoting is not some new form of thought, it's nihilism and jewish deconstruction of western culture.

>They are reachable and can be achieved.

Yeah so is Communism... in theory! Cuck.

What are you talking about? Communism was jewish and had a similar destructive effect. Are you trying to make my point?

>muh progress

Neat social construct you got there, bro.

If I had as much trouble making sense as you do, I'd probably keep my non-arguments as brief as possible as well.

It had a destructive effect because it was modernist, stemming from the ultimate nihilism that the fallible human mind is what can solve reality. Imagine such a world where the only arbiter of meaning is something that cannot comprehend everything at once. This is the modernist world. The Communists, as a modernist movement, believed Communism has attainable goals, much like you believe of European civilization. If it doesn't work out, it's because it has 'never been tried' (i.e. subverted by the Jews!) which you will also hear from post-Marxists these days. You getting the point now? The inadequacy of modernist systems is what led to the development of postmodernism. Ideals are not achievable -- this is the only truth you need to know; the postmodern truth.

It's apparent that you don't have any idea what postmodernism means.
architecture has a postmodern movement.
painting has a postmodern movement.
But if course you couldn't recognize it because you don't understand what you're talking about. You don't even have a working knowledge of modernism, you're just regurgitating bits of what you've heard and charging it with your ideology.
You can't just tack on the word "Jewish" onto whatever term you want and expect a legitimate definition of said term to just materialize out of nowhere, "Jewish postmodernism" was never a thing.
You're literally just projecting your ideology.

You will continue to fail to understand history and the world around you if refuse to grasp how people, not abstract ideologies, shape that world. Communism was a jewish movement to unseat the aristocracy of Europe by using the underclasses against the elite of the state -- to topple them so jews could gain power. In the case of Russia, the jews murdered the tsar and most of the upper class, then imposed their jewish system of authoritarian rule over the country. This failed because jews have never run anything. If you really think this is about failed "modernist" systems or whatever the hell you're talking about, you truly live in a fantasy world.

Architecture is probably closest to fitting his narrative. Most Jewish post-modernist architects are fucking horrendous if not malicious.

>You will continue to fail to understand history and the world around you if refuse to grasp how people, not abstract ideologies, shape that world.

This is a postmodern position, idiot. And for some contradictory reason you are here proposing a European ideal. Is it the Jews who are subverting the functioning of your brain?

I clearly know much more about it than you do because your examples only assist my argument. Postmodern architecture and art are reflective of the very things I addressed in my first post. That's why artistic ability and aesthetic design are largely absent from them.

It's not a postmodern position whatsoever. Unless you're using some bizarre postmodern argumentative tactic where things mean whatever you want it to. You won't get away with winning through that method with me, though.

>Unless you're using some bizarre postmodern argumentative tactic where things mean whatever you want it to.

Not a postmodern position -- see Derrida's 'doubling of commentary'; the critical reader is still required to understand the intention of the author. You're making whatever shit you want up about postmodernism citing the postmodernists themselves. But if no postmodernist argued in favour of your position, what are you left with? Excuses for a failed ideal -- literally every single thing you post just demonstrates what I am arguing, and the fact that you're ignoring large parts of my argument doesn't read well for you, big guy.

Work on your narrative and I'll see you next thread you post this shit again. Maybe you'll find a way to work in the failed modernist idea of fascism and blame that on the Jews too.

Again, citing the jew at the forefront of deconstruction is only making my point. Postmodernism is a jewish phenomenon that advances jewish interests. Now, if you are upset by me not taking parts of your argument seriously it's likely because you are promoting an absurd concept about a "modernist system" that never existed. Postmodernism is the jewish inversion of European culture. That's all it is, and we know this because jews have a history of inverting the norms of their host societies in the exact same fashion. They've been doing it forever. Postmodernism is not what you think it is.

Are you jewish or a shabbos goy?

>Is it true that postmodernism has fucked up civilization?

Uhh, no? I mean, we're posting about it on the internet, I assume you have available food and running water, your life isn't in immediate danger. If you're talking about "nihilism" or "the death of God," you would have to go back to modernism. If you think of postmodernism as a method of inquiry or an aesthetic approach, not as some great zeitgeist that has hung over mankind since 1945, you're going to have a better time approaching art and philosophy that is considered "postmodern."

>Do we have too much freedom to express ourselves?

No, not really? I mean, yeah, it can be disheartening that virtually anyone with a decent computer can publish content and call it art, but a lot of great work has come out of that. We'll see how things remain in the next few years with the FCC looking at ISP regulations and Net Neutrality.

>Have we become too redpilled?

Maybe? It seems like a lot of people on the internet try to fit their misfortunes into larger social systems, whether it's your stereotypical tumblrite or some guy who posts on r/TheRedPill. It seems like this mode of thinking often gets in the way of really appreciating yourself and enjoying life. There are plenty of extremely solitary and sexless people who live happier lives than the average Veeky Forums poster, all because they like taking long walks, reading genre fiction and living simply without comparing themselves to the next individual. They have their hobbies and wants, and they probably still struggle with their sexual/social urges, but they don't have this constant reminder of their "place in the world." Call it delusion, call it whatever, they seem fairly happy compared to a lot of people, and this time of solitary person will probably die out in a generation or two, leaving only us malcontents.

Okay, I'll bite: how is postmodernism a "Jewish inversion of European culture"?

>Maybe? It seems like a lot of people on the internet try to fit their misfortunes into larger social systems, whether it's your stereotypical tumblrite or some guy who posts on r/TheRedPill. It seems like this mode of thinking often gets in the way of really appreciating yourself and enjoying life. There are plenty of extremely solitary and sexless people who live happier lives than the average Veeky Forums poster, all because they like taking long walks, reading genre fiction and living simply without comparing themselves to the next individual. They have their hobbies and wants, and they probably still struggle with their sexual/social urges, but they don't have this constant reminder of their "place in the world." Call it delusion, call it whatever, they seem fairly happy compared to a lot of people, and this time of solitary person will probably die out in a generation or two, leaving only us malcontents.
I've been striving more and more to be like the people to describe. To be content knowing that I will never be a super genius and I will never have a substantial impact on the world. It's very hard not to fall back to my elitist ways, however. I'm still disgusting by normals who take everything at face value.

Can the caretakers just delete all the Jew conspiracy stuff on sight? Hopefully these idiots will get demoralized after typing out pages to themselvs and stay in their cage

I nutshelled it in my first post: .

But I'll expand on it:

Jews were kicked out of Egypt for something called "normative inversion," meaning they inverted the norms of society (this is where monotheism originated btw (Exodus) and imposing monotheism on polytheistic peoples is what primarily got them the boot).

They've also done this many times before because it's a group strategy they use against their host societies.

Listen, I understand -- I read Derrida and Foucault and so on many years ago and thought it was avant-garde and edgy and all that. Been there. But it not what it seems. Postmodernism is a reflection of the jewish strategy of normative inversion. Europeans use philosophy to attain knowledge and truth, jews take over philosophy departments and start teaching that there is no truth. Etc., etc., on down the line. Understand?

Where do the Greeks fit in your estimation? Socrates practiced these kind of "inversions" millenia before the postmodernists did.

And he got what he deserved

Lol.
The inversion I'm talking about is much more intentionally malicious. I hold the Greeks in high regard generally and find them to be to a large extent reflective of the European ideal previously mentioned. The Sophists might be an example of jewish normative inversion but there isn't much in the way of evidence to prove that there was considerable amount of jewish influence involved, though perhaps that evidence was destroyed.

>Again, citing the jew at the forefront of deconstruction is only making my point.

You're using postmodern arguments to make your point you clueless moron.

You're making claims for postmodernism that have never existed in postmodernism. You're proving my point -- that you're making excuses for your failed European ideal. The European ideal goes the same way as every ideal -- it fails. This is why you say it is 'obtainable' (despite it never being obtained) and that its failure is from outside sources. You will always make excuses for why it has not been achieved, but you will never own up to the fact that it has not been achieved. History is a history of people, not ideas, yes? Then you know that your abstract European ideal is a false one. Your point is self-defeating because it is discontinuous and ahistorical, much like all ideals that have been and have yet to be. Except perhaps the Jewish ideal -- that threatening homogeneous 'other' -- apparently they are more successful than Europeans!

>it's likely because you are promoting an absurd concept

No, based on the evidence presence in the thread, it is -more- likely you can't actually argue with the points. Instead you will parrot your bizarre pseudo-theory almost verbatim every thread.

Postmodernism is not what you think it is.

If a culture is so stupid that the Jews can invert it so easily it is not worth preserving, regardless of your 'ideals'. Your civilization has failed.

>are you jewish?
You didn't answer this question, but I think I know the answer.

You are wrong, and your argument is weak, unconvincing, and devoid of substance.

>The European ideal goes the same way as every ideal -- it fails. This is why you say it is 'obtainable' (despite it never being obtained)

It has not failed at all. It has furthered our understanding of knowledge and facilitated the attainment of truth for countless many. You are an assumedly jewish nihilist who is not a part of western society and therefore has an interest in shitting on European culture.

These things *are* obtainable and contribute to the betterment of society. Look at your entire argument: "it fails ... it hasn't been achieved ... its ideals are false ..."

These are the arguments of the jew, the normative inversion previously mentioned. The jew sees himself as an outsider, knows he doesn't belong, and takes out his vengeance on his host society by attacking the virtues he is incapable of attaining himself.

What stone age mudblood land do you come from and when are you going back?

>but I think I know the answer.

You would think I was a Jew (despite me calling them 'them' the entire thread) regardless of what I answered. There's no point engaging with that since it does not prove anything to anyone, except that the weaker minds of Europe are quick to blame anything else other than their own failings.

>You are wrong, and your argument is weak, unconvincing, and devoid of substance.

Show, don't tell.

>It has not failed at all.

So which is it -- is history the history of abstract ideas, or is it of people? You argue for both simultaneously and you don't ever try to correct yourself whenever I bring this point up. Like I said, self-defeating. You know it too. The jews have an ideal and they've been successful at implementing it? Or the ideal doesn't matter and just furthers political control? Can the same be said of your 'European ideal' (which in no doubt changes depending on the European -- the weaker the mind the more it relies on fabrications to be justified)

> It has furthered our understanding of knowledge

How is this an 'ideal'? Furthering to what end? How much 'truth' do you need? What about every other aspect of Western societies other than scientific discovery?

>who is not a part of western society and therefore has an interest in shitting on European culture.

I shit on false, discontinuous, ahistorical European culture. Postmodernism is the most advanced realisation of the Renaissance project we have. You can only claim it subverts European ideals by making up lies about it, as demonstrated (and subsequently ignored by you -- convenient!) in this thread. The point is -- and you will agree -- that ideals are false, and that history is the history of people. You know why you agree? Because postmodernism is correct; it is true. It, like I said, is the only truth you need, and this actual truth cannot be reconciled with stagnant European culture. The wages of truth. No one said it would be friendly!

The same one as you and probably in the next decade or so.

>Civilization cracks
>Postmodernists point out the cracks
>"It was the postmodernists who did this!"

>commies using what is essentially the muh six gorillion meme

>Is it the Jews who are subverting the functioning of your brain?