Accidentally evaporated all my bacon fat so had to use extra virgin olive oil for my roux

>Accidentally evaporated all my bacon fat so had to use extra virgin olive oil for my roux
Help lads, I feel bloody sick.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1018363911000377
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fat cannot evaporate

Literally any liquid can evaporate. What the fuck are you talking about?

fat is not a liquid.

>Semantics
Alright faggot.
>Accidentally evaporated all of the bacon oil produced by the bacon I was cooking so had to use extra virgin olive oil for my roux
Happy now sperger? Inability to read implications is a symptom of autism.

>evaporated all my bacon fat
>evaporated
What?

You mean used it until there was none left? I don't think you know what evaporated means.

i think youre so bad at cooking you dont understand that
>a) you cant evaporate bacon fat, especially considering that if you cooked it right it shouldnt even be smoking
and
> b) that there is absolutely nothing different or wrong about using a little olive oil to add volume to your roux

either you are a tremendously shitty cook or this is a bait thread, which would you like to admit to?

The fact that you didn't immediately get that I was referring to evaporating the melted fat from bacon that I was cooking makes you not only a shitty cook but also mentally retarded.

That makes no sense.

>Luk ma i's trolling deez faggots

>

T. Retard

Veeky Forums - boiled eggs and toast

>you didn't immediately get that I was referring to evaporating the melted fat from bacon
he did understand you were referring to evaporating the melted fat from bacon.

bumping just to embarrass this guy

>fat is not a liquid
Neither is frozen or evaporated water, but that doesn't mean that not every liquid can evaporate, because it can, and any substance can become a liquid apart from substances that sublimate. With enough energy, metals like iron can not just evaporate but break apart at the atomic level and alchemically transmute into a different substance.

Unless the grease that comes out of bacon is just a support matrix for the fat, and fats boiling point is so high that considering it evaporating is redundant, but the matrix evaporates, you may have a point. Though btw the boiling point of water is 100 degrees celsius, and if you threw some water on a cool table, it would still evaporate, so don't pull the boiling point bullshit.

Also smoking smoky burnt bits bacon is best bacon. Why the fuck would you pamper it so the rind is all gay and gets stuck in ya throat and shit?

shut up science bitch

The molecular weight of bacon fat is way higher than water. Partially hydrogenated palm oil has vapor pressure lower than .01 bar at 150c.It's practically(though not literally) impossible to evaporate fat at standard atmospheric conditions.
source for palm oil results:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1018363911000377

Bacon grease is also basically just saturated triglycerides, not a support matrix or substance separate from the fat.

Why has nobody asked why this faggot didn't just add some butter?