Have celiac disease

>have celiac disease
>mention to someone I can't eat gluten
>"Wow you think you're so fucking unique, Mr. Fair-Trade-Local-Organic-Nonsense over here, you're a fuckin poser who can probably eat gluten anyway, boy I wouldn't want to eat with someone as annoying as you, holy shit just eat gluten already and get over yourself"
>mfw

Nobody cares.

thanks user :) I know you care

Fuck off, faggot. Go back to tumbler.

lead the way

No one cares about your madeup disease faggot

Your only friends are the vapid cunts who perpetuate that stereotype. Congrats OP

Hipster retardation has made gluten free foods more common and cheaper.

Be grateful to hipsters that have more money than sense.

>can't eat gluten

no such thing

serves you right for having subhuman cuck genetics

celiac is not a real disease u fucking malingerer

I bet you think you're real special with your special little no gluten bullshit diet. Why don't you go tell more people about your special little fag diet? Idiot.

haha its funny everyone replied being really mean. i bet in the next Veeky Forums meme thread this will be screencapped as welcome to Veeky Forums :^) yeah OP fuck your avacado toast disease! XD le hivemind face

Maybe instead of saying "I can't eat gluten", establish to them that you have celiac disease. That will make people genuinely concerned and they probably won't pass you off as a hipster faggot.

It's a wall of ridicule, but at least it isn't a wall of gluten.

It would have been hard for OP to digest.

I just wish people didn't assume the worst of me

>mention to someone I can't eat gluten
So you're saying that while you're out shopping you just walk up to a stranger and strike up a conversation about how you can't eat gluten

It works for the vegans who by the way, are vegans, did you know that?

You've got to keep in mind that people are quick to judge, especially if you just go and say "I don't/can't eat gluten". To anyone it'll just seem as if you fell for the gluten free meme. Look at how this thread turned out, you can tell how people will judge you.

Which med school did you go to? Let me guess somewhere in India

I was allergic to shellfish when I was a kid. You know what my parents did? They told me to shut the fuck up and eat my shrimp or crab or whatever. Your body can adapt to god damn near anything, you could eat a roll of pennies and shit them back out and you have people like telling you you're somehow in the right. Absolutely mind boggling. Shut the fuck up and eat gluten or don't for that matter but don't you pretend for a microsecond that your health will suffer if you eat gluten because it wont and we all know it.

i hate this pic cause that guy has a friend to do funny things with and i don't

At least he has the guts to stand up to it.

This will work, as long as the people you're talking to are idiots who don't know that Celiac disease is a psychosomatic "illness."

People with fake gluten intolerance really are assholes. People who really cant eat gluten cant even have soy sauce or countless other things you would never think has gluten. Their lunch conists of applesauce, skim milk, and baked chicken. You see them eat that shit every day it looks really sad DESU. to willingly do that shit is dumb.

I wasn't saying OP is in the right, I think he's wrong to just say he can't eat gluten with no further explanation. I couldn't give a fuck whether he chooses to eat gluten or not, but I was just saying that he's not explaining things right so he has no reason to be taken aback when people judge him harshly for it.

I have a gluten and wheat allergy, found out via a food allergy blood test, don't think I'm celiac though. I do have family that have celiac and it sucks for eating out.

No one I know wants to get tested for food allergies, because they literally don't want to know, since that would mean a huge change in their diet and lifestyle if they tested allergic for some foods.

It's an autoimmune disorder

Allergies is a word thrown around pretty freely among laymen. Some people as so much of a whiff of a pot of gumbo their throat gets choked up. If you've never seen it before its pretty scary. It's all fun and games until someone chokes to death in front of you not a fun way to go.
Please have benadryl injections with you for your first kid, you never know what they would be allergic to. but yeah by and large most allergies you would be fine.

So instead of saying you can't eat gluten, say you have celiacs. If they don't know what it means, then you say you can't eat gluten. Are you literally retarded?

Hipster retardation has also resulted in a lot of places claiming to be gluten free when they actually are not (e.g. using the same cooking surfaces, cookware or fryers for cooking both gluten and gluten free items). The hipster cafe gets to say they used GF ingredients, most of their hipster audience are not even affected, but their food is actually not safe for most celiacs.

People will literally die within minutes due to certain allergies, like shellfish or peanuts. If you've been eating shellfish without a problem all your life maybe you aren't actually allergic.

It's strange GF got co opted with veganism/clean eating nonsense. It's as if would be fashionable to avoid sugars because your larping as a type 1 diabetic. Or avoid Phenylalanine because you think you have PKU. These gus aready suffer eating boring diets and are now lumped together with hipsters and health bloggers.

Read the thread man, some people don't even think celiac disease is real

People are avoiding eating gluten because they think it is bad for them, but they have never been tested. Many of these people may have no allergy, or may possibly have some other allergy, but just assume it is gluten, because often the symptoms from many food allergies are similar (bloating, indigestion, gas, fatigue, etc.) and gluten/wheat is in almost everyone's diet. For many people, removing wheat and bread from their diet does result in better health, so this may reinforce their thinking.

The reality is many people who avoid gluten may have some sort of digestive or other health problem they are dealing with, but have no real diagnosis or testing, and they are just assuming it is gluten related, and any positive results they have may be placebo, or may be related to other changes they have made in their lives, or actually may be due to gluten.

It's a little like people avoiding tap water and only drinking bottled water, without actually knowing if their tap water is bad for them or not. In some cases the leeched plastic chemicals from the bottles may be worse in sum than the tap water.

>"I only eat gluten free foods."
>Proceeds to drink a beer.
>"Because I have a gluten allergy, my doctor told me."

I don't get your point. They shouldn't be drinking beer if they actually have a gluten allergy.

Food allergy doesn't necessarily mean clutching your throat and falling over and dying instantly if you have a certain food. You can actually drink beer and live even if you have a gluten allergy, but it will result in some sort of symptoms, from mild to very nasty lasting for a few hours to a few days or weeks, depending on the severity of your allergy.

If you're a hipster who is faking it, then that's different.

yes, and because your experience with allergies is mild, that means everyone elses experience with allergies will be the exact same! thank you! i await your dissertation!

Do they react differently if you say "wheat and barley" instead of "gluten"

That's a good angle I hadn't considered, I might actually try that

I found this amazing grain at Whole Foods! It's gluten-free because I feel it is. I like to eat it with brown rice syrup, coconut oil, and Himalayan salt

so healthy :-)

>small town
>look on Yelp for gluten free places
>look for reviews that actually confirm place is gluten free
>gushing reviews about how 'gluten free friendly' some place is
>go over there
>staff haven't heard of gluten
>staff can barely speak English
>they think I am asking for free food
>leave
>fuck those hipster cunt Yelp reviewers

>2017
>being a defective person

Has the reverend done anything since 2003?

Is anyone else here accidentally gluten free most of the time just because you like to eat stuff besides wheat and barley?

Just eat some fucking gluten then pussy

When I was a kid I was allergic to bees so my dad made me go whack a bee hive with a stick naked, and then I woke up in the hospital with new parents. It made me the motherfucker I am today

So you don't eat pasta, sandwiches, bread, pizza, Chinese food, cookies, candy, fried foods, beer, alcohol, ramen, pies? Also gluten can be found in many ice creams, candy, salad dressings, soups, sauces, vitamins, gum, soy sauce, anything with malt vinegar e.g. pickles, and many more.

Unless you are preparing all your own foods and diligently checking the ingredients, you are likely eating gluten from a variety of processed, store-bought or restaurant sources. Often the gluten containing ingredients are not clear unless you know what to look for.

When I was a kid, I was a afraid of strangers due to lots of child abductions on the news, but my parents didn't want me to be weak so they forced me to live in a house full of convicted child molestors. I'm still alive today so I don't know what the whole big scare about kids avoiding strangers was all about.

>Unless you are preparing all your own foods and diligently checking the ingredients
HEY EVERYONE THIS PLEBLORD DOESN'T DO THAT

I'm just saying, no one is "accidentally gluten free teehee" like that guy claims, especially if they don't even know what gluten is and which foods it is found in.

>pasta
rarely.
>sandwiches, bread, pizza
Usually not. Takes a long time to make.
>Chinese food
not unless someone else wants to eat out or I'm traveling
>cookies, candy, fried foods
almost never
>beer, alcohol
I don't drink. The most I've had is part of a half pint at CatBar in Barcelona. Catalonia should continue sharing their wealth with the whole of Spain because it results from geographical privilege.
>ramen
i'd rather not
>pies
almost never with that kind of crust
I know what gluten is. Proteins in wheat and barley. I rarely buy anything but whole ingredients.

teehee you're totally gluten free some of the time, make sure you tell all your friends

Hey guys! I can't eat carbohydrates. Well, I can, but they're the devil.

kek, did that actually happen?

Then you werent actually allergic to shellfish.

>I should just start injecting straight penicillin into my veins because I almost died as a kid from fucking strep throat medication

This is terrible advice.

At last we've found it. The hottest take on all of Veeky Forums

Real? I want to hear more.

You chose your words poorly. You should just have said, "Naw, I don't eat that shit anymore," and don't elaborate from there.

You should go on a Keto diet and cut out all carbs you’ll feel better and people will think of you as less of a bitch than when they find out your sensitive to bread

literally celiac

i knew a girl in high school who always drank karkov and the other bottom of the barrel alcohols and she ended up getting celiac disease.

also for sports she would "carbo load" with the team which is eating a shitload of noodles and store the night before.

ended up having bloody diarrhea whenever she ate gluten then

>thinking OP's story every happened
And then I slapped that jerk on the train right in the mouth and all of the passengers applauded.