slow suicide edition

previous thread: boards.Veeky Forums.org/ck/thread/9613223/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nWwV8RDVMgA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OFF THE WAGON AGAIN

Friendship ended with health and responsibility
Now alcohol is my best friend

Just dropped from 12 beers a day to 6 beers a day for the past 14 days...feels good not to wake up completely scattered. Good feels.

>12 beers
>scattered
are you 100 lbs?

Everyday for years and years plus 50ish over a weekend. Yeah scattered, i do work long and normally unsociable hours too... I have been drinking for a long time mate and this is a nice step down.
I don't drink spirits anymore cause nothing good ever came from that, and got over a 3 litre a day box wine habit i kept up (and in secret) for 8 years so i think I'm doing ok.
Started drinking at 12, now 33. Obviously had my addiction ebb and flow over that time. Realised i had to cut down when I couldn't count a day i had off drinking in a decade.

How do I stop drinking till I pass out? I just can't stop myself, it's always "one last shot"

I stopped when I got put on birth control. Lost my appetite or any desire to drink. downside is I can't even socially drink because it seems like any amount wrecks me for the next day or two

Making some hot wings and drinking some busch lite. Hoping to keep it below 8 tonight. Even did a little workout today. I gotta dry out.

r u a grill

when you guys prepare to distill your batches, do you first do a coarse filtration to make sure there's nothing that burns in your primary vessel

Why is it that whenever I drink low abv beer like pic related, I wind up feeling like shit like I'm going through withdrawal or something. Seriously I get all sweaty and shakey and nauseated and shit. This doesn't happen if I drink higher abv beer, though. Is this normal?

probably because they're low abv. You don't get that wasted so you don't hit that threshold to push off WD.

Those light beers always give me massive wet shits the next day.

I've been cranking 12 of these a night for the last few months. What is al/ck/ drinking?

are you me wtf

I see. Makes sense. I find it kinda weird because this shit makes me feel worse than just not drinking at all.

The guy gave me shit at the liquor store for looking different than my picture on my ID. Fucking street shitter, I'm almost 30. That's literally 12 years above the legal age in Canada.

pls b my gf

I am impotent so u can get off birth control and drink w me

>drank today
This was a mistake.

I"m doing an experiment. I didn't eat for the entire day and now I'm slamming ciders like a boss. Let's see if I can actually black out on soft liquor.

Drinking some Busch and watching slingblade. Haven’t seen this movie in years

You're going to be very hungry very soon. I'm thinking you'll crave some sort meat and cheese dish

>Trembling like crazy
>No way I can stomach any liquor
>Just vomited up half the beer I was drinking
Fuck this so fucking much

make buttered toast
you'll be able to drink more if you do

Sobriety is so fucking boring. 2nd day sober and already thinking about buying a bottle. Was thinking I'd go real baby steps and try to make it to 5 days sober which would be the longest I've abstained in years.
I need a hobby though. This is so fucking intolerably boring.

Try cooking user

There's nothing in the house. I need to go grocery shopping but I feel like I'll end up buying booze if I do.

call a friend and have him come make sure you don't buy a bottle

>call a friend
>friend

Hahaha

well I don't know
call your mum

Me neither.

you should write down instructions for whoever finds your body to post here regarding the details of your fate. Not saying that you will die now necessarily, but following your story for the past few months has me thinking that it won't be too long barring a miracle tier change in your life. I think a lot is would appreciate the closure

Assuming you are sb, but either way.

She lives in another state and doesn't know the extent of my alcoholism.

sucks, huh? I at least had associates up until the last two years or so but now there's fucking no one left. Everyone moved on.

My only friends were during high school. I dropped out and stopped leaving my room much at all. Now I"m almost 30 and nothing has ch anged.

hello friends

i like whiskey, and i think it likes me back. motherfucker

this is what i am always drinking because the value is too strong

You have nothing, not even rice, crackers or condiments? You're paying for your fridge to be on with nothing in it? You don't have legit anything with calories?

post fridge pic

Thanks, I'll try. Any other tips? I was thinking of making a cocktail to help ease into it since I have watermelon, ice, a blender and vodka, though I'm not sure that'd actually be good.
Nope just a guy who's been drinking cheap liquor neat and slowly ruining my life

>no silhouette

This world is going to hell in a handbag.

Yeah actually, I've got one more. If you're making a watermelon cocktail (btw that shit is really good) don't make it too strong, but make a large quantity. Having a bit more but it being a bit less strong will enable you to drink more a bit faster. Don't forget to add a bit of sugar as you make it and blend to taste. Also make sure you blend the watermellon untill it's really really fine. just keep tsting it while making it

I had a great group of friends in high school but I made some friends at and outside my school with which the only thing I had in common was smoking weed, which they introduced me to.
I eventually lost contact with both sets of friends soon after high school and spent a year or so as a neet. I then got a part time job and got myself together. Got healthy, motivated and was in awesome shape. I looked really good back then. Made a new set of friends, was working towards my dreams of working in film and actually getting work in the industry; some paid, some not, hooking up constantly and eventually got a girlfriend who I lived with. I was made assistant manager at the part time job, was getting plenty of work and making new contacts in film and tv and then I thought I'd apply to a film program at a university that knocked me back when I was 18 and they accepted me.
I'll cut a long story really short and say that some really poor decisions lead to my life taking a direction to shitty town. I ended up broke, jobless and in debt, single, dropping out of the university, slowly burning bridges with film friends and social friends and moving back in with my mother.
I was suffocating in debt and desperately applying for shitty jobs and getting nowhere. Then out of the blue I got three offers within a few weeks of each other. First accepted a telemarketing job, then before that started got offered a cushy retail job with way better pay and close to home so took that. Then two weeks into that job got offered a full time job as a producer for a tv production company I worked on. It paid shit and it was only 8 weeks but had tremendous growth potential.
Because of my debt and having just accepted the retail job I turned it down.
That was 10 years ago and my life has been mediocre for about that long. I've been an alcoholic for the last 4 or 5. I live alone, have no hobbies, friends or interests, haven't had a girlfriend for like 8 years. All I do is drink and exist.

faggot

No, I have instant noodles, bread, pre-made pasta and bacon to last me until Friday. I'll pad out the rest of the meals with takeout.

Nah

How do you disable this stupid fucking theme

Pretty much. Total loser which is why I drink to forget that fact.

Bottom right hand corner. Change it from Special to whatever you usually use.

>I'll pad the rest of the meals with takeout
>I have no food
I'm being trolled right?

Thanks man.

Idk how I didn't notice it had changed from tomorrow....I need a fucking drink

this theme is great for drinking in the dark fuck you

No probs.

Nah. I can go through drive thru without being tempted because it's not near a liquor store.

Go to aldi.

What are you guys up to tonight?

I missed about 7 calls from family members intentionally so I can drink alone and be left alone.

Thinking about filling up a bottle with vodka, loading my wax pen and going downtown.

kind of nervous about getting arrested though, The police are out with force tonight

K. Drink at home.

i take it you're in a city

fuck your spacing

That's the plan Saturday morning. Aim is to have 5 days sobriety under my belt, all the remaining junk in the house eaten and then buy fresh food and start fixing my diet.
It's been a bottle of booze and burritos, fried chicken or some other unhealthy meal cooked up at 3am a day for too long. Need to start getting my life in order. It'll most likely still be shit but it could at least be better than it is.

I think I might

not really the "city", A town of about 10k.

They do this haunted main st thing every Halloween that attracts nearly the whole town. Usually fun to see the floats and decorations

Got diagnosed with type 2 on wednesday. Have had to do a complete 180 on my lifestyle. At least of eating/drinking habits. I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job. Especially how big I am and used to eat. But I stopped drinking on wednesday.

Replaced it with weed, now I'm just lazy. Got to quit that shit too.

This sucks but after 30 years, I treated myself like shit and had fun. And here are the consequences.

I dread this diagnosis. My father has type 2 diabetes so I've got to be a higher risk and my diet is completely shit.
What made you go get yourself checked? Or was it just detected after a general check up?

truly a monkey paw-tier life hack.

>he doesn't keep lucky monkey paws in every room so he's never unlucky

Ah man, that sucks. It was detected after some blood work. I knew it wasn't going to be good news and kind of wasn't surprised since my diet was compete shit. But the red flags raised when my cholesterol was absurdly high. I also weigh around 310. So I was bound to get it any day now. My doctor put me on metformin that day.

The only thing I'm freaked out about is watching/adjusting my diet down to a deficit and if I'm eating enough even though I log it and feel full.

Who ITT one day will kill themselves?

I read the other day suicide rates among alcoholics are alarmingly high, Especially in the U.S. where most of us have easy access to guns.

What was your diet?

youtube.com/watch?v=nWwV8RDVMgA

You aren't a faggot. But this HARD to read. To the point I can't read it at all.

Please reformat it into paragraphs, then I'll read it.

I guess one thing in my favour is last check up I had that had a blood test my doctor described my cholesterol as "world class". Although know that I think about it that might have been like 4 or more years ago, and my diet and drinking habits have become increasingly worse in that time.

I ate a fuckton of eggs (which is why my cholesterol was shot). Almost like 3 with bacon every single day. I mostly ate high/saturated fat stuff. Take out almost 2-3 times a week. But I drank a lot. About a bottle or two of tequila a week. I would sometimes cut back but I've drank quite heavily this year until wednesday. Almost every week of jose cuervo or costco tequila. I made drinks or took shots with chasers of soda.

And now I'm logging everything I eat and consuming into myfitnesspal.

dang, if that was 4 years ago and you really have been increasing your habits, I would get checked out. Just don't do like I did last year and got a check, everything was grand and I took a moment to celebrate even harder than I was. Now that I look back on it, it was last year that I almost bumped up my consumption of not just alcohol but food

QUESTION:
Is alcoholism something for other people to feel bad for you for having, or something for you to feel bad about subjecting people to?
like, if an al/ck/ steals booze from a friend,
Speaking from an observer's perspective, should the non-al/ck/ friend feel at least some empathy for their friend or are they justified in getting completely mad.

It's something you feel bad for subjecting people to, At least for me.

I drink more because I feel guilty about my drinking, It's a very vicious cycle.

read the thread title faggot

Woke up this morning and got dressed to go to the gym. I really thought i was going to go but instead i went to the liquor store. Bought a pint of vodka and went home. Told myself after that i would be done but here i am with a 24 pack of beer. Does alcohol make your hair turn grey? I'm only in my mid 20's and found a grey spot. My dad didn't start going grey until his 50s

This thread actually gave me comfort. I'm 24 and I had been drinking like 4-5 beers a day for around a month or so and thinking I was an alcoholic. Apparently I am not even scratching the surface. Good shit. I'm gonna drink a glass of water and quit drinking alcohol for a good while

Alcohol depletes you of Zinc and Magnesium which are both integral to healthy hair.

How’d you know you had diabetes?

> no whiskey

Whats some good whiskey, anons?

i just took three multivitamins thanks user

No probs

was it a surprise? how much did you weigh?

I was pretty much pre-diabetic my whole life. I always weighed a lot as a teen and as an adult, I ballooned more and maintained that until I was 30.

I got blood work a few weeks ago and the test results came back with a lot of bad and high numbers. That's basically when my doctor told me I crossed that line.

i got the celebration now cause its november and shit, but i love that stuff

I wasn't really surprised because I weigh around 310 and have been for about 17 years. It wasn't until the last 5 years that I started to drink heavily really. That pretty much sealed my fate to where I am today. Not blaming it all on alcohol either. But I chased bottles with bottles of soda, ate so much because of the munchies and because I'm a depressive eater. I have always eaten my feelings. So I wasn't really surprised. I knew this day would come. It's just a shame I never controlled myself and got this way, but that's 100% my fault.

One can be /alck/ without being an asshole who doesn't respect people's boundaries.

Smokey: Lagavulin
Peaty: Ardbeg
Intro: Jameson/Glenfiddich

Any tips on cutting back? I only drink and hardly eat and it's starting to catch up with me since the last two weeks I've felt like shit. Dietary suggestions? Breathing/stretching stuff?

Reduce intake gradually, like drop one every day or two days. If you want to cut back you have to REALLY COMMIT and think of it as a long term project with a goal of reducing intake. Capitulation will result in failure, essentially

taper with beer.

lel, I drink 20 light beers a day

so tomorrow drink 19 and take it down one a day. is that supposed to be impressive? i've had a pint of whiskey and im halfway through a 24 pack

Drink 10 regular beers

who's impressing who? I just like having a drink in my hand at all times when off-hours
see above, I'm well past things such as "good taste"
(although a good porter during the colder months is just the fucking tops)

Vodka

Dude, I've long been suspecting that this is making my hair thin. Buying vitamins tomorrow. Anyone got a list of all the shit I might need to be semi healthy (your personal regimines, etc)?
I should've done this a long time ago...

Just kicking it. I'm about to run back out to a bar before they stop serving, gonna check back in later. I hope everyone is doing well, whatcha'll drinking/ eating/ doing? Just slammed some hot wings with vodka, enjoying the cool weather and wishing my friends had Netflix. Couch surfing atm, headed home in a few days.

vitamin d, magnesium, zinc, fish oil

most important: cut down on the booze

>wake literally screaming in pain as usual
Hello 5am. How I hate you so.

what do you guys do for a living

Is there a way to stay slightly drunk for the rest of life?