/ourgurl/

APOLOGISE

>Tfw no millenial big shnoz gf with no discernible talent

Anyone have the ebook?

The only book anyone needs to read about privileged people feeling angst about their "relationships" and committing adultery was written by a 19th century Russian aristocrat. Nothing this birdfaced slag writes is worth reading.

>debut
>love saga
>modern age

>the tale will speak to readers of any hue

When can we stop paying lip service to New York Times bestselling writers? When will debut novelists stop receiving unearned praise? When will love stories stop being banal? When will I be free of American culture and customs?

>Q. W.B. Yeats said that ‘There is no great literature without nationality, and no great nationality without literature.’ Do you think that the term “Irish writer” is a useful category when describing your identity as a writer?

>Sally Rooney: I was born in Ireland and I still live here, so it would be hard to argue that I’m not an “Irish writer,” but I don’t think that’s what Yeats meant. Big fan of Mussolini, W.B. Yeats. I just feel like we don’t talk about that enough. In conclusion, if there really is no great literature without nationality, I can safely say I’m not interested in writing great literature.

>This is a modern love story for the modern age

Suburban ennui and po-mo cowardace from anything resembling a conviction.
How fresh and needed

>Big fan of Mussolini, W.B. Yeats. I just feel like we don’t talk about that enough.
Why do people always try to discredit an author by bringing in politics? I can imagine her smug cunt face when she said that.

> I can safely say I’m not interested in writing great literature.

Oh we know Sally, we know

>so universal are its thematic melodies
oh my fucking god shit the fuck up you're not a writer stop trying to overcompensate

>Big fan of Mussolini, W.B. Yeats. I just feel like we don’t talk about that enough

This cunt is 25 going on 40

I love saying that too, it really is a grand feeling when you see their faces.

Do you ever notice how everyone on reddit is always doing shit like this. It's like their entire personalities are based on character assassination.

not that I go to reddit or anything

>pretend novelist snapchat cunt badmouths Yeats
I'm actually triggered.

Sally Rooney stated herself she doesn't even READ Irish literature. Her studies were in American literature and she prides herself on being the most shallow cosmopolite (read: burgerslut) D4 cunts have to offer

what is a "culture-bore" supposed to be?

It gives them an excuse to not read it, so they can feel morally superior instead of admitting their own laziness

The librarian guy who rallies against the Irish slavery myth wants to tear down his only statue in Ireland in Sligo because it's an endoresement of fascism.

No one is interested in looking at people in nuance

Middle class dilettante. Drinks wine in the evening while reading Sally Rooney meta-fiction

All the while ironically being the absolute dogdirt depiction of English middle class mediocrity. I wish these people were actually fascinated by America but in reality they just use it to hide their own obvious Imperial character.

She's probably grandaughter of Charlie Flanagan or some bullshit, funny how all the upcoming "big" acts in Irish entertainment have a famous, powerful and/wealthy relative. I couldn't understand Aisling Bea otherwise

Flann O'Brien would have a field day, this jackeen behaviour has always been a lampooned stereotype but they get off with it very easy these days. The Celtic Tiger accerlated the malaise by several decades really, I'm a product of it too so I must not complain

>Brian Friel dies
>Sally Rooney lives
>Faber and Faber

Really gets the oul noggin joggin'