What's the deal with this stuff? Why was it invented? How did it get so popular?

What's the deal with this stuff? Why was it invented? How did it get so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=asgpQP81ZqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1. It's cheap as fuck and easy to make
2. They wanted to make easy food for students that was cheap as fuck.
3. Because it's cheap as fuck and easy to make.

It was made for the the apocalypse.

Why must you look a gift horse in the mouth?
Just accept it for what it is.

It's good as a backup food

They took a traditional comfort food and made it into an inexpensive convenience food with a long shelf life.
Pic related.

I've never had one of these disgusting turds and I never will.

It offers a cheap simulacrum of food for those that cannot or perceive that they cannot afford the real thing.

I love this. But I have scurvy now. It's been my dinner every day for the last 7 years.

It's cheap as fuck and easy to make

It's also literally just super cheap noodles so you don't just have to use it as the instructions say on the box. Make stir fry with it.

>I've never had it
>But i know it's disgusting

Well you deserve to be sick.

It was actually considering something of a luxury when it first came out because it was 35 cents a package, which for 1950s Japan was pretty expensive.

Are you the same guy who started a thread about scurvy on here?
Surely there's not more than one person on Veeky Forums with scurvy.

I always figured anons on Veeky Forums were riddled with scurvy, gout and other nutritional diseases.

Don't knock it unless you tried it, faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=asgpQP81ZqU

Yes that's me.

whats a good homemade ramen recipe using pad thai style noodles?

i dig ramen. tonight for dinner i actually just cut up some chicken tenderloin and cooked it in a pan and then dumped that into a bowl of chicken flavored maruchan ramen. shit was fire.

What's wrong with having gout, faggot?

isn't gout just another term for being a huge overeating fattie?

No, gout is a form of inflammatory arthritis that comes from poor diet and/or excessive alcohol consumption.
You don't have to be a fatty to have it, but it helps.

i think i had the gout, had bad diet, and also binge drinking 3 to 5 times a week. my feet swelled up to the point i could barely get my shoes on, worse than pic related. i changed my diet and stopped drinking and went back to normal.