Existence precedes essence

>existence precedes essence

>essence precedes existence

God hates fags btw.

Take the redpill
My essence is white and masculine and come from my white male ancestors, even before I was born. Take this leftist cuckism back to tumblr

How the fuck can an existence come into being without some kind of preceding essence?

That doesn't even make sense.

This, I'm a big strong alpha in essence even if my existence doesn't reflect this

Because the essence of existence is to be

There, solved philosophy for you

Existence precedes existence

Well, the more appropriate question should be - without something existing, how can there be an essence of it?

Additionally, essence can be thought of as an quality narratively attributed to an object by an agent - a human agent, more specifically, as essence is in itself a historical category developed and employed (and subsequently transformed) used to signify a host of meanings across time and space. To claim it precedes existence is a bit weird then, innit?

Nope, read Heidegger faggot

Is essence independent of existence?
Human essence precedes existence.
God's essence is indistinguishable from his existence.
Can existence be devoid of essence?
Machines.
Can existence ever precede essence?
No. Unless you argue for machines, which in any case don't have an essence.
The essence of a machine is an extension of its user's.

Essence defines existence for animate entities. Existence can never precede it.

What if Plato was right?

>reading continental cucks

Heidegger said the same thing. He just had a different model of construction.

This

>sometimes I forget that I have a body
>my "self/soul/essence" is a balloon attached to my head
>afraid that one day I'm going end up accidentally killing myself because of my pathological disregard for my physical body

It doesn't.

>all knowledge is faith

>tfw have personality disorder and don't think I have essence at all

>the instant of decision is madness

oh but i'm redpilled mate

ask Sartre, off the top of my head this idiocy comes from him

It's been quite a while since I read Sartre, plus I didn't really enjoy it.

But he doesn't deny the fact that we have predispositions to certain personalities, right? Due to DNA and such.

"""essence"""

Existentialism (mostly) does not pick nurture in the nature vs nurture scenario, it rather blends it all into a grey area where you're meant to to receive input from both sides in a feedback manner: nature creates nurture which modifies nature which creates nurture and so on and so on. Sartre wasn't much of a social constructivist neither was his devilspawn of a wife, hence why third wave feminists hate her.

>It's another everyone hates Sartre episode

really? tell me what heidegger said then

Question:

Are there any convincing arguments for how essence is not just another human construct and, if not, how people can access it with any kind of certainty or regularity?

Gnosticism/Subjective Idealism.

>I DON'T DO ALPHA MALE SHIT

>Commenting on a continental cuck's thread

If you don't hate Sartre there's something wrong with you.

*Secondary essences precede existence, and existence precedes the primary essence.

>human construct
SPOOK
P
O
O
K