John here! Just curious why you guys hate me

What do you think I can improve upon?

What do you like about my work?

Which of my books is your favorite?

Will you please buy my book?
barnesandnoble.com/p/john-green-box-set-john-green/1111813689/2670778046838?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Marketplace Shopping greatbookprices_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP24104

thanks guys!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nlfnY9TNa5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hi John,

I've never read any of your books but from your youtube videos you seem like a pretty normal and reasonable guy. I don't have you.

Sincerely,
user

Your crash course history videos aren't awful but they are quite biased and in many of them you seem to be pushing an agenda.
Therefore they are shite.

Love your work on crash course history. Could you do more of them?

you're just a pedophile faggot jew and you should fucking straight up bury yourself under your own books and kerosene and light a match.

Thanks! I like to think that I am a reasonable guy. Maybe we could get a beer sometime? I would be nice to have a friend.
Really? Did the "This machine kills fascist" sticker tip you off?
drumph voter probably

>I don't have you
you what?

John what's your opinion on the word niggardly?

Not entirely against the word as some might mistake, but it is probably best to be avoided.

> use characters as vessels for your own shitty opinions, even though it doesn't fit the scenario or the personality of that character
> write the same "zany" characters over and over again
> can't immerse myself into the book because the characters are not believable
> dialogue that tries to hard to be witty that it just becomes a cringe fest

This fucking guy is a millionaire, oh yes.

>implying you have to be a good writer to sell to teens and young adults

What's it like being the literary equivalent of a tripfag?

idk if u are a good writer or not, never read ur books.

honestly love your crash course though, it's something of a guilty pleasure I guess. not sure if i'm effectively learning anything, but I really enjoy watching em.

Is this some kind of etiquette that I missed out on, that anons must be addressed as the person they claimed to be? Shouldn't there be like an official tweet about this? (Sorry if nefas)

Anyways, I'd like to know what John Green thinks about where his books fit in with the rest of literature in terms of function and development of the tradition. Also whether or not "young adult" books are in any way inherently limited, or restricted to a certain space and function.

people lying on the internet?
no way!

It's not your books that I hate it's the videos. They come across as snarky and overconfident in making points that are far from uncontroversial... Yet you present these as 'classroom aids' to educate children.

If you want my opinion on your actual books, watch this video review. I would say my criticisms are about the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=nlfnY9TNa5g

You have to be 18 to post here.

I hate you with every fiber of my being you revisionist cunt, my life goal is to punch you in the face

Also your books are generic YA shit

Gotta say I think you're the greatest prose stylist of our age. Keep it up bro.

*brofist*

Nigger you better be trolling

His prose captures the spirit of the times better than almost any other author in the last 200 years.. If you can't recognize that you are the ultimate pseud and should kys

Such a great thread

>"I mean, seriously: How did scrambled eggs get stuck in with breakfast exclusivity? You can put bacon on a sandwich without anyone freaking out. But the moment your sandwich has an eggs, boom, it's a breakfast sandwich."
>Dad answered with his mouth full. "When you come back, we'll have breakfast for dinner. Deal?"
>"I don't want to have 'breakfast for dinner,'" I answered, crossing knife and fork over my mostly full plate. "I want to have scrambled eggs for dinner without this ridiculous construction that scrambled eggs-inclusive meal is breakfast even when it occurs at dinnertime."
>"You've gotta pick your battles in this world, Hazel," my mom said. "But if this is the issue you want to champion, we stand behind you."
"Quite a bit behind you," my dad added, and Mom laughed.
>Anyway, I knew it was stupid, but I felt kind of bad for scrambled eggs.

All YA novels summarized in one paragraph. How quirky, how relatable. Yuck.