I consume a lot of caffeine daily and I have explosive anxiety as a potential result; will cutting stimulants out of my...

I consume a lot of caffeine daily and I have explosive anxiety as a potential result; will cutting stimulants out of my life improve things?

Go talk to a doctor.

Then stop drinking it

It helped a lot for me. I still have crippling anxiety, but it's better, I think. Plus caffeine is addictive as fuck, and being addicted to something really makes me feel like even more of a little bitch.

Cutting coffee helped my shit.

Drinking coffee makes me an angry person. Combined with the stress of college, I came damned close to having a nervous breakdown. I treat it like alcohol. It's fun, but if I start needing it to get through the day, then I stop for a while. Probably be best if I never drank it again, but that shit's addictive.

college isn't that stressfull, you pussy.

You sound like my dad. He did that and had withdrawal and was more agitated. Now he drinks half caffeinated coffee. Coffee doesn't make me anxious at all.

This, unless you have other life stressors than just taking classes while you're in college you need to get over yourself.

No, just start smoking then the caffeine won't work as well :^)

This didn't work for me, just made this shits and coffee more intense.

Getting a laxative effect from caffeine is literally a genetic thing, the nicotine was meant to manage anxiety.

You should try to taper off user. I have a friend who is currently severely addicted to caffeine and it's starting to ruin his life. He barely sleeps during the week, drives his coworkers insane by fidgeting and leg shaking all the live long day, and then he sleeps about 36 hours from Friday evening to Monday morning. He's also developed horrible anxiety and only leaves the house to go to work. It's sad.

Idk how much you consume, but he literally researched how much the maximum daily dosage was (450mg for his bodyweight) and went from there.

Pic somewhat related.

>t. someone who has never been to college

Back to your wagecuck blue collar """Career""". Cletus. This thread is for real men only.

Yes, depends how long and heavily you've been drinking caffeine though, I had the problem this user's dad had
Now I mostly drink green tea, and coffee only sparingly

I have a masters in biology.

school is immensely less stressful than working.

also the fact that youre shitting on bluecollar workers when they probably have no debt and make a decent wage, shows me youre an either an elitist connected jew or some naive freshman.

yes, my mom realized she has anxiety at 50 years old and cutting out caffeine has helped her immensely.

>Earning a decent wage for honest work should be frowned upon

You are the type fucking this country up. Not trumptards not hilcunts. You.

Cut it to 10-12oz (~2 cups)

Are you drinking coffee? You can try tea instead if so, the other components of tea (L-theanine and theobromine I think) have a calming effect which works well with the caffeine. Coffee is mostly just caffeine so it only bumps your energy level up, but tea can bump your energy while also making you feel calm at the same time which is odd but feels really nice if you have a high quality tea.

This thread has convinced me to start weaning off of caffeine. I've been having tons of anxiety lately and didn't realize that caffeine could be exacerbating it.

Thanks bros

My issue is that I do know caffeine causes and exacerbates my anxiety. I've been diagnosed with Social and Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but my job requires me to work at a fast pace. Plus the meds I take, help with the anxiety, but make me slow and lethargic.

Is there a good alternative to caffeine that doesn't screw up or worsen one's anxiety?

Not only is it useful to cut down but it is also useful to make sure you're measuring out the exact same amount of grounds daily for a consistent dose

>t. liberal arts/communications/business major with no job or responsibilities
or equally as bad
>t. firm handshake

fucking pussy's probably never made it past differential equations

my doctor would take ginger capsules when he was in med school, he said it helped as a stimulus.

no way
you should probably drink more coffee tho

>masters in biology

Yeah fuck off. I'd master in biology if i wanted my life to be easy. t. Medfag

if you drink really a lot just taper off over say 2 weeks, not that caffiene "withdrawals" are that bad tho.
And yes it will make anxiety worse,

>explosive anxiety as a potential result
Not what's causing it.

>I didn't try to get into graduate school
Anybody can breeze through with a C.

I was grinding my teeth away at night because of my coffee drinking (free coffee at work.) Now i just drink an energy drink in the morning and that's it.

I had a doctor once explain severe anxiety to me, the way he explained it was to think of a pot of coffee. A regular person, they experience anxiety and the pot starts boiling. No big deal right, you just deal with it. A person with a genuine anxiety disorder or a social anxiety disorder, the pot lid explodes off and becomes lodged in the ceiling and there's nothing in the world that will put that lid back on ever again. Not therapy, not drugs, fucking nothing. You will "live" and I use that term lightly with a constant level of fear and terror and it will never vacate you no matter what. You're stuck with your misery until you fucking die and if you believe in an afterlife, you're stuck with it far longer then that.

Illogical response.

Logical response.

after i self harmed the therapy lady they sent me in the hospital said i should cut down on the caffeine because it does cause some anxiety. i did, and i didnt really notice a difference in my mood.

Replace caffeine with amphetamines.

If it's underlying it probably isn't helping. So cutting out caffeine would probably help, especially if you might be sensitive.

I used to get bouts of anxiety but stupid me didn't realize 3 huge mugs of black coffee in 4 hours was a bad idea, took me a few minutes to realize it was just the caffeine making my nerves and heart go wild, and not something else. Like others ITT I also did get pissed off when I was wired on coffee.

Your anxiety stems from a high level of neuroticism, the caffeine stimulates your brain to work more quickly which in your case amplifies your impairment, you may want to get some counseling or research personality traits online.

i work for a med device company and do just fine, user.

why are you so angry?

im not saying school isnt challenging, im that OP and I actually did go to grad school, but real life is much harder than campus fantasyland.

why dont you like straight people op