Looking for a book with a kitsune as an MC

Alright my muse is stick on foxy ladies, so i'm looking for books with them. My google-fu has failed me, tv tropes is goddamn useless, and Wikipedia has given me 'When a fox is a thousand', but i have yet to acquire it, but i dont know if its what i'm looking for.

I'm looking for a book with a kitsune/fox-spirit as a main character or main cast, in the humanoid flavor similar to Ahri from LoL. Does anyone have any book recommendations? Bonus points for unabridged audiobooks as well.

And while i'm on it, classical tails (pun intended) are also welcome. Bonus points if its in the style of 3kingdomspodcast.com/ , which is fucking awesome.

yiff in hell, vermin

also, lady into fox

isn't that an allegory for cuckoldry

The Metamorphoses - Ovid

why would you pick a book based on whether the main character has nine tails and fluffy ears? just read some japanese mythology if you're interested in it you stupid waifushit /v/ermin

Not from /v/ actually...

Some more info i guess. I'm writing a book, and one of the characters is a kitsune, and a fairly significant one at that. In order to write, you must know. That, and i'm in kind of a writers block, so i'm hoping a new flavor will get me out of my rut.

I'm a fan of the Mercy Thompson series and the Dresden Files, so something in that vein is welcome.

I figure that being able to pull off a super smart kitsune from 1st pov will be tricky, so from an outside pov will be better.

>lady into fox
That looks.... somehwat horrific, but i might get something out of it. Thanks!

I'm weird like that. Also i do what i want.

Not sure what this has to do with kitsune, but i'll check it out.

Apparently my bringing in something videogame related is triggering, so here is some more gasoline for the fire.

I guess i'm looking for a... a fey trickster mindset character. This will also work for books with these kinds of characters. Anything helps.

Wow I can actually contribute, currently reading The Sacred Book of the Werewolf, by Victor Pelevin. Probably the closest thing to literature with waifu kitsune werefox shit in it.

aaaand thats added to th e list.

...its written by a rooskie. I remember being surprised just how good the Witcher books were (Polish, holy shit those books are dope), just how hard would you yiff to this/recommend this?

there was a character named Kitsune in Bruce Sterling's Schismatrix. she was the lead whore in an orbital habitat's brothel, and she ran the place through the actual Yarite who was something like 200 years old and brain-dead and only kept alive with implants.

There's a book called Kitsune in the Time Hunter series. I think it does feature a fox spirit, though not as an MC.

Thats.... fairly horiific. Dont know if imma read that, but thanks for the info.
Is she part of the main cast, if not the main character?

Would recommend pretty highly. Probably not to everyone's taste, but hey, it's a fun read and will teach you about Buddhism and the modern Russian oligarchy.

why did you spell ruskie wrong?

This isn't how you write. You don't go "okay, imma make a book about a black man, a woman in a wheelchair and a dog" and then go from there. I mean, of course you CAN, but it's not a good idea. You start out when you think of a message you want to convey and then think of situations in which the message is relevant, and then think of what kind of characters and personalities can vivify the themes in these situations.
The reason you have writer's block now is because you've painted yourself in a corner by demanding of yourself the inclusion of X character; you're putting the cart before the horse.

The Fox Woman by Kij Johnson

The most Veeky Forums book about a kitsune written in English. It's set in historical Japan though. And the kitsune is just a fox who can look like a woman, I don't remember her having a fluffy tail and oppai at the same time, but it's really not the sort of book to focus on that kind of thing at all anyway.

Basically, it's a retelling/expansion on and old Japanese story about a kitsune who falls in love with a man and uses magic to seduce him. But like, classy.

So a short update... I manged the first 14 miniuts of Lady into Fox before i went 'hell naw' and switched to TSBOTWW. Gotta say its not what its not what i was expecting.

Admittedly i'm looking for more force of nature than magical beastie, but i'm enjoying it nonetheless.
Because i can.

Added to list.
I need to think on this. Also its not a writers block on kitsune, its a writers block in general.

read light novels

A have a sci fi series where magical kitsunes are prevalent. Give me a disposable email and I'll see about getting you some free shit.

>Thats.... fairly horiific. Dont know if imma read that, but thanks for the info.

it's cyberpunk. it's supposed to be edgy.

i think the book is cool. starts off with an assassination using moths.

the fuck is a kitsune

How can you read Pelevin in english? I'm rus, read this book, and I wonder how is it possible to translate it. There are so many play-on-words in it. For instance, the name of MC, "Ahuli", in russian it means "why fucking not", and it's rather rude.

It's a catgirl that's mildly less shitty than the status quo catgirl.

All of that is covered, even in english. Just finished it this morning at work. It was definitely not what i was looking for, but it was worth the buy.

Well if you recommend tit that much, i might take a look. My preferred cyberpunk is Snow Crash tho. That book is dope.

Assassination using moths... can i use that in my book or is that stretching SOD. Hm....

Free shit? Send that my way! [email protected]

sent!

Thanks!

I do go there occasionally (usually to find larger pictures of what i have, like the one shown), but i figured that book recommendations belonged in lit. Was i wrong?

A request is a request.

But it wasn't a request, it was asking for recommendations. I found the recommended material myself.