Wife bought this, what the fuck do I cook on it?

Wife bought this, what the fuck do I cook on it?

Memes

Ever heard of google?
I’m assuming you have because that’s where you found this image.
Retard.

Please don't ever talk to me again.

Steaks, fish fillets, pork chops...

One of my favorite things is to heat the piss out of one of those in the oven, then take it out and put it in the middle of the dining table. Have bowls of pre-seasoned meats (or seafood, like scallops, shrimp, etc.) on the table. Then everyone can cook their own little tidbits on the hot salt block. You can do that with a thick block of stone too.

Nothing. Grind it up and use it as salt but cooking on it is just a meme.

>"Reasons to own a Himalayan Salt Block"

It's the sheer definition of a meme and you should slap your wife in the face for wasting your hard earned money on it.

You could use it as a cheese platter

Why not just season the food with it directly?

because memes
OP's wife fell for one

You could go back in time to rome and buy like 2 slaves with it.

>A Hint of Salt, Not a lot

this is in itself so contradictory - essentelly you eat more salt than befor because of this

KEKSIMUS MAXIMUS

Those salt block factories are some of the most unhygienic places. Put that thing in the dishwasher before you let it touch any food.

Why would hygiene be relevant at all in this case? You know that salt kills bacteria, right?

Not him, but you do realize that something can be entirely free of bacteria but still be filthy and not fit for consumption right?

Lol it will dissolve completely in the dishwasher

That makes no sense

It could theoretically be contaminated with, say, oil, grease, dirt, industrial chemicals, etc.

But that's not what people refer to when they discuss "hygiene".

Heavy metals, toxic chemicals, indigestible minerals and oils
Just 'cause it ain't alive doesn't mean it can go in you

yeah why even have a food & cooking board at all when you can just google everything fucking retard dumbass

Yeah but they don't use that shit to cut salt. Pressurized water is the cheapest best way to do that.

Your choice of the word "hygiene" to describe that situation is very odd.

Your wife peggs you, doesn't she?

It's pretty bad hygiene to keep your meat in a bottle of bleach m8.

I'd say it is bad safety practice. Hygiene implies pathogens and personal habits like hand-washing, etc.

Of course she(he) doesn't

That's a yes.

Yes, preheat the slab of himalayan salt and cook meats, fish, or some veggies.

A nice beanless chilli.

But do you salt the meat and veg before cooking on salt?

Put it out by your deerstand for a salt lick.

What kind of table do you have?

I don't get it

Roman legionaries were partially paid in salt, Reddit frog-user.

Is that where "worth their salt" comes from?

nigger salad

how long does it stay hot for?

I'm not here to spoon feed you you fucking ignoramus.
Try google.

The word salary comes from the Latin name for salt. It was so valuable then that roman soldiers were paid their yearly wages in it. Hence salary.

>what is used to lubricate the moving parts on a water jet cutter?
>where does the water come from?

The word salary derives from the Latin salarium,
Sal is the Latin word for salt.
Work it out for yourself, Reddit child.

>Lubricant for a pressurized water gun
user I think you should work with tools more. The source of the water is pretty negligible too. Even if it's contaminated with heavy minerals they won't leave a significant trace in residue.

>It was so valuable
no it wasn't, its just required for life just like water

When you wash your hands, you wash more than pathogens off. Sounds to me like somebody has dainty girl hands that have never been inside of a car or in the dirt before.

>never have to worry about germs
what, you throw raw meat on there and not have to clean it somehow?

>Not valuable
>I just need it to live!
Lol water is valuable as fuck too numbnuts. That's why you can literally specialize in water rights law as a lawyer.

100% pure meme

>valuable
>worth a great deal of money
it wasn't and trying to cover your ass by pulling out water rights is pathetic. which only makes water valuable when your talking large amounts ie. the amounts needed for an entire nation not individual people

You are retarded. The word valuable doesn't mean money. Money is just a thing that CAN be valuable (pesos vs dollars). Furthermore value is often in the eye of the beholder. Do you know the other thing Roman veterans we're often paid in? Small farms. A small farm up until the invention of refrigeration depended on salt to cure all of their meats and cheeses so that the family could eat through winter. Pretty valuable. And water rights are important down to the purchase of single family homes if you aren't buying a house on city water.

and yet salt didn't cost a lot in ancient Rome. useful =/= valuable

Useful is a very good synonym for valuable actually. If something has no use it has no value.

>himalayan salt

Yeah retard

Bacteria and salt don't get a along

No fuckboy, it's a huge block of salt, why the fuck would you put more salt on your food before cooking it on a goddamn saltlick, fags are thick as thieves today i swear to god

Burgers and veggies.

why use a salt block for burgers and veggies?

Because, that is what you use it for. My biggest tip is to not use foods that are too liquidy or the result will be too salty. With a burger, just build it nice and big with a proper bun and it will be fine. Don't use sliced bread like I was doing in that pic.

How long till hipster restaurants have himalayan salt table tops and cook the food right there for you?

That's been a thing since the 1980s, though I've only seen it 3 times since then.

>slugs and snails are the same thing as bacteria

You're a special kind of tard aren't you?

Use it as a salt lick to catch deer

Make me.

Bacteria and really all cells for that matter are composed mostly of water, you put them in a very salty environment then the water is going to leave the cell and if the extracellular concentration is high enough then they'll just shrivel and die.

Thou be damned by Thalos you Dwemers and your damn stone furniture.

it's basically just for show. You could probably cook some salmon on it or a steak but lets be honest here, it's really just a status symbol.

D-does it actually cook? I might get one if it is actually useful.

THALMOR.
TALOS.

Fucking Reddit I swear to Christ. Can't even get vidya right.

>Worshiping some faggot human.

Oyy veyy I should have spent the time to search it and don't rely on my memory.

Tell your fat whore wife that pink himemeyan salt is an environmental catastrophe and she helped destroy a third world country by taking advantage of starving locals who don't know any better, then slap her for wasting your money.

Too much salt will kill any cell you fucking retard, it pulls out water whicb kills it

Go put salt in an open wound and tell me how it feels

I've poured salt on a wound before. It doesn't do anything. Does it have to be some special salt or something?

I think my wife is autistic, she bought a bunch of salt lamps and placed them next to electronic devices around the house. She is convinced that they absorb electric radio waves or some shit.

That's a red flag, my man
Don't let her blow your money on psychics or whatever new age snake oil she subscribes to.
You seriously got to nip that shit in the bud or it will consume your marriage.

Everyone knows you have to wrap a candle in aluminum foil for that shit to work.

>destroying a 3rd world country
wife did nothing wrong.

>used

Just for this I am buying a salt block to spite some starving mud people.

The large the salt crystals the more it pulls out and faster. Using powdered salt wouldn't has the same effect as using koshering salt for instance. Which is the exact reason you use koshering salt, for pulling blood out of meat.

where do i send your chicken dinner?

omg so useless in the morning until i've had my bacon amiright guys???

Unless they're a halotolerant species, for instance how do you think soy sauce is brewed? The salt block could become infected by halotolerant bacteria or fungus and I'm not even clear on how it would interact with viruses which are not themselves alive or necessarily hydrated. The salt block would however be very effective at controlling the sort of quickly reproducing gram-negative bacteria which tend to make up most cases of food poisoning.

Yeah I was just speaking in general, even in extreme environments there's some species of bacteria/archea that survive. I agree with you about the sanitation of it.

First, thoroughly ravage her good for nothing ass with a hard spanking to punish her for wasting your money on something so stupid. And then in answer to your question; steak.

kek

holy fucking autism

Veeky Forums related OC is always so unexpected and hilarious

>Cook on it once
>Stick in dish washer
>"Hey... where'd my cutting board go???"

soup

Yes little pepe, this is also where the word "salary" come from

:^( pls go back to school user

Or my wifes son

What can i do with molten salt

Those salt lamps will fuck up all your bluetooth connections dude

>the incredible benfits of Himalayan pink salt
ITS
FUCKING
SALT

>thinking you can have contaminated water for a water jet without said water completely destroying the water jet because it runs at fucking 30 tons per square inch

>dart vader
>fuck u i dont rely on memory
You need to go back

EAT IT.

Read some books on theory of value.
You're wrong by the way, water in 99% of situations is pretty much free.

Salt was somewhat valuable in ancient times but not nearly as much as people think ("worth its weight in gold"). Think about it, if that were true all one had to do to become rich was go to the beach, get some salt and sell it in the city.
Rome is like 10 miles away from the sea.
The ancients also had a custom of salting the earth of conquered cities, would they really do that if it was so crazy expensive?

Yeah but the pink might be some micrograms of rusted iron or similarly benign shit. That fact that it helps balance your rehydration, draw out acidity and regulates blood pressure has nothing to do with it just being fucking salt

Also this! The more you know.