Books about tyrannical 'big brother' states and how they control us?

Not including Orwell or Huxley. Preferably modern day.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dystopian_literature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Turner Diaries

It's a 'bible for racists'. What has that got to do with tyranny?

Never listen to weak-minded, useful idiots like this poster who do big brother's speech policing for it by lending credibility to fake words like "racism," which merely represents a biological response everyone has and is not something we should pretend we can get rid of if we goodthink enough. Race is important, it determines nearly everything about who we are as individuals, and diversity hall monitor faggots who throw around the non-word "racism" will get the gas one not too far off day along their jewish thought masters who funnel these concepts down to them.

Anyway, to the OP, a few months ago I heard about the recent David Eggers book "The Circle" and was intrigued by the reported 1984-esque feel it supposedly had. I read through it for a couple hours though and it reinforced why I have such little respect for these mediocre hacks jewish publishing companies build up and promote to poison the reading market. Closest thing you'll find to what you're looking for though.

You don't need fiction to understand the modern big brother anyway, just learn about the jewish problem. Part of the reason why Orwell could see what was coming was because of his involvement in the jewish Fabian Society, where this reality was being planned out.

Anti-racism is tyranny, fascism, the REAL racism, etc

James Kalb - Against Inclusiveness

Kafka

is this copypasta, or are you genuinely retarded?
>others are speech policing
>racism is a non-word
>making words non-words is quite literally what newspeak is about

anti-racism is the real racism is truly a very Orwellian statement.

A Clockwork Orange
Player Piano and "Harrison Bergeron"
Rand's Anthem
Zamyatin's We
Fahrenheit 451
The Handmaid's Tale

All except the first mediocre three suck horribly. Just read BNW and 1984 instead.

enjoy your hunger games fuckign normie retard pleb

'Racist' is an umbrella term to silence anyone who doesn't conform to the neo-liberal status quo.
It doesn't actually mean anything anymore because retards spout it every chance they get.

The Handmaid's Tale is bloody awful.
451 is good if you loved 1984 and want more soul crushing goodness.
A Clockwork Orange you've already read just by references alone, like Star Wars.
Haven't read the others, is it finally time for me to bite the Rand bullet?

American War

I feel like Player Piano is the dystopian society were most likely heading towards - I haven't seen any other explore the danger of automation and the evolution of a new caste of techno-aristocrats it has, even if in general the book can be mediocre.

>modern day
read the newspapers desu

A free press than endlessly scrutinises and criticises the current president?

>free
proof?

If it wasn't then it would endlessly praise the government

like they did with obama?

Pravda means truth.

>free press.

Basically anything written at a low reading level that came out in the past 20 years.

anti-semitism is not wanted on this board. reported desu

The news have really succeeded in manipulating you if that's really how you feel. I don't know why I still expect people to read Chomsky since everyone is so critical of him in here.

But anyway, nothing's wrong with BNW nor 1984, they are still the most relevant and the most precise regarding their overarching themes.

Also do not commit this guy's mistakes. World class governments have already realized they ought to go back to the Roman panis et circenses instead of attempting Tyranny and censorship. They are going to let you speak as much as you want if that keeps you from actually taking action. Besides, if you do find something juicy, you're gonna be ostracized because people have learned to love their leaders such as in

Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion

You might like some of the Dictator novels of Latin America
Try reading I, the Supreme, by Augusto Roa Bastos

Not to mention Mr. President by Asturias, Reasons of State by Carpentier, and Clandestine in Chile and The General in his Labyrinth by Marquez

Yeah, those are great too. It's funny how obssesed we were with dictators

This. It's double-plus ungood. Newspeak but co-opting oldspeak to retain legitimacy

The Machine Stops, by EM Forster

Player Piano doesn't bother answering any of the questions it asks, though.

So the low-IQ caste can't work factory jobs, but does have a more-than-minimal Basic Wage. Okay, WHY can't they work luxury jobs? It's stated over and over that they are almost universally skilled, especially after retiring from R&R, why are they not building or creating things for leisure? How many real-world factory laborers wished they could have the opportunity to do something else?

That's the beautiful thing about automation that knee-jerk humanitarians don't get. When you have no need to compete for basic subsistence, you are then free to compete in the higher markets (arts, luxuries, etc) without any fear of reprisal should you fail.

I feel Vonnegut was completely cognizant of this too but just didn't follow it to its logical path, given that even the low-IQ caste is obsessed with cultural development, their fixations on music and parades and such. They should be living in an expressionistic Utopia, which is what Paul is actually trying to get back to with his farm, not actual animalistic subsistence.

tip top tier imo

Serious non-meme recommendation:
read The Captive Mind and Darkness at Noon

drumpf amerika

the art of the deal

Nice recommendation.

>Rand's Anthem
Atlas Shrugged is also kind of a Dystopia

I'd like to add some more recommendations:
Stanislaw Lem: The futurological congress (more kind Sci-Fi, but also with dystopian elements.)
Joe Haldeman: The Forever War (and the whole Forever War series - same as above Sci-Fi with dystopian elements)
...and why has neither Gibson's Necromancer trilogy nor anything by Philip K. Dick been mentioned yet?

Some other nice apocalyptic/dystopian novels are:
Carl Amery: Der Untergang der Stadt Passau (only German, doubt there is an English translation)
Robert Merle: Malevil
Houellebecq also uses dystopian elements especially in "La possibilite d'une ile"
but they are not about "Big-Brother-States" as OP wanted.

*Neuromancer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dystopian_literature

Someone please read Little Brother. Please. My brother got it in a humble bundle and fuck it was so bad.