I'm going to take a 2 week trip across the UK and Ireland. What is the right book to bring with me for the plane...

I'm going to take a 2 week trip across the UK and Ireland. What is the right book to bring with me for the plane, bus and train rides?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/touristsguidetoi00oflauoft
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Axl Rose's autobiography

Hardys Wessex Tales

Dubliners

Rooney's Conversations with Friends. It's her debut love saga for the modern age.

>2 week
>book
I shiggydiggy

Get in the ring fgt

Jeeves and Wooster

I don't get what your getting at

Mein Kampf or the Koran

i'm no expert or anything but pic related looks like a good place to start

Ulysses

>bus and train rides?
Look out the window at the scenery? Why are you even going on a tour, retard?

That gets old very quickly, in most of England at least. Only so many fields you can look at before you get tired

Potato farming in Ireland since 1871 by Robert McTuber

Road to Wigan Pier

This is the only correct answer.
It's also immensly re-readable. Just read the stories over and over in those 2 weeks should be a good experience.

>2 week trip
>one book
lmaoing @ ure face right now friendo

If The Dead was the only thing I could read for the rest of my life, I think I'd be content.

this: archive.org/details/touristsguidetoi00oflauoft

also, get one of his novels: manly, raw, powerful literature. especially if you're going to the west , Aran Islands (where he was from). Skerrett or The Black Soul.

Anything Yeats, but ideally his Irish Fairy Tales

I'm so darn sick of these threads. LISTEN UP BUCKO, the ONLY book you ever need is the BIBLE (KJV).

Rings of saturn

I second Joyce. I would not want to read solely him, but I think the suggestion of Dubliners and specifically the dead is worth merit. (If I were going for nostalgia and whatnot I would say Redwall... not really lit material but romanticized England in a weird way without ever really trying. It made me an Anglo-Phile.) Maybe some T.S. Eliot, the Four Quartets? Any short Tolkien or Lewis. Not trying to make a shit post, I just think sometimes simple is best.

I don't come on lit often, but I'm assuming you guys are suggesting that I bring more books. I'll only have what I can carry, and I'd like to avoid bringing a bookshelf.

So go shiggydiggy each other in the face friendos.

I think this is what I'm gonna go with. Thanks Veeky Forums, /trv/ thanks you!

This, you somdomites.

Buy a tweed flat cap and become professor yank

Playboy

i saw what you did there