What is the Twin Peaks of literature?

I just got done watching the pilot of the originals series just now wtf. Anyway it doesn't remind me of any Veeky Forums it does remind me of Lars Von Trier's miniseries "Kingdom" .
Anyway I'm hiding this thread because I don't want spoilers Peace lil nigga.

Yeah it's weird as fuck. I'm not actually a massive fan, I'm just wondering if there is any literature that has the same atmosphere.

There are two Twin Peaks books and a third is coming in October

Infinite Jest

something corny and weird and easily accessible to the masses. you do the math.

I was about to say this

>the Twin Peaks of literature

okay, so first we have to define this. i am going to go with "subversive ironic melodrama" and suggest Gormenghast.

in terms of sombre prosaic america: Poe

if you're a dull literalist and thinking "lol le spooky forest town xDDDDDD" then just pick up a stephen king novel and have the time of your life.

I've heard Knut Hamsun's Mysteries has similarities.

Something that sucks.

Days Between Stations by Steve Erickson

Also is it just me or is Veeky Forums becoming less radical leftist than it was when I remember last trying to get into books?

You mean goofy, grossly overrated and popularized by pseuds then took advantage of this "throwback phase" which helped revive XFiles, Will and Grace, Fuller House and Mad Max?

Literally Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

Fuckin kek

Veeky Forums's contrarianism at the drop of a dime never ceases to astound me. It rivals /mu/ in terms of pretentiousness.

eat mymfucking ass you stupid nigger cuck i fucking hate plebs you're not funny you're reddit you will never be one of us

adjust your hermeneutic horizon, you've got a good recommendation right THERE now fuck off

Neither board are homogeneous entities please stop trying really hard to pretend like these young kids making you feel like you have shit taste right now isn't getting to you.

>you're reddit you will never be one of us

This btw. Your taste is shit and you're a passive aggressive middlebrow fucking faggot.

>that pynchon blurb
my dick

Suck dick, my man, I've never been to reddit. All the (you)s I got just goes to show how assblasted you fuckers get when something is popular. Be an individual instead of a hive mind, faggots.

>Suck dick, my man, I've never been to reddit.

It doesn't matter. You capture the faggotry of the site within your very spirit. When you decided to play the role of passive aggressive chastiser because you were secretly mad that a few complete strangers disagreed with your taste that was Reddit.

>Be an individual

What a passive aggressive pseud you are lmao literally get prolapsed faggot.

>this much salt

>user shits on you for acting like a ponce
>y-yeah whatever stay salty h-hater

cortazar seems to be on the same level on the 'hipstah' ladder but its different type of /comfy/

I'd have thought The Third Policeman. Or maybe House of Leaves if you want to focus on the soap opera and spoopy

Jacques Lacan - Ecrits

That's not a bad thing.

Third season is miles away from subv-ironic-melodrama. It's something else man. It's beautiful.

winesburg ohio

HELLLOOOOOOWOOOOOO
Yeah it's great, ep 6 after dinner, comfy af

Kafka

Walden has the atmosphere of the pacific northwest without any of the spookies.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO

What is the " The Sopranos" of literature?

/pol/ invaded. Veeky Forums is now alt right, conservative, and usually catholic.

winesburg ohio
the mayor of castorbridge
the remains of the day
kafka - the castle (also ended before being completed)

now fuck off

Kobo Abe.

Anyway, I don't think Twin Peaks is really that popular. It certainly is amongst a certain hipster crowd (can't think of a better term) but I'm sure the new series just drew loads of people in through good marketing and word of mouth. I've watched it with people myself. You can tell they don't like it but they won't say so.

That genuinely made me laugh when I saw it. It's so on-the-nose.

>and usually catholic.
This was a thing already since 2012

no not really. lit was super liberal in 2012. people took henry miller seriously ffs

Bruno Schulz

>Twin Peaks isn't really that popular

You know literally every other American watched the first season when it came out, right?

An average 50 year old who doesn't even know about the new season will likely be able to tell you something about it.

Probably GGM.

>TP isn't that popular.
It was huge here in Fiinland when it originally aired and I've seen fucking Lapland cities with posters for season 3 premiere in local theaters.