What do you like to listen to while reading Veeky Forums?

What do you like to listen to while reading Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8yEqco39T8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buyer's Market

Silence

I miss when she'd pee in my mouth too

What's that?
Lewd

i like to listen to music that would match the book, nothing too distracting. Just enough to help me concentrate but not soo much that it becomes a distraction.

it's an montage album of interviews with victims of sexual assault, mostly child abuse. I went into thinking it was just gonna be edgy but I got fucked up by some of the stories

Rain sounds, seems cringy but idk just makes me feel cozy

depends on what I feel like. Usually just my playlist, though.
Or Tobacco Island on repeat.
youtube.com/watch?v=D8yEqco39T8

Do you have any mental retardation issues?

Yeah, I've got an issue with a mental retard. YOU!

XXXtentacion

Only while reading babyfucker I assume.

or When Rabbit Howls

I live in the Pacific Northwest and one year, it rained for 28 days straight. I barely hear it anymore unless it's a real deluge. I used to find it soothing to listen to when I was trying to fall asleep.

I do still like the chiming sound it makes in the eavestrough.

Wow that's crazy, I live in a pretty rain city but at most it rains for a week on and off. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the sound.

my braps

Same

not that guy but yeah, pacific northwest is a little weird like that. It doesn't necessarily rain that much in terms of inches per year, but it's pretty constant for half the year.

>reading lovecraft during the day

You listen to spoken work while reading?

Sleep Reseach Facility or maybe William Basinski.

Oh snap

I prefer total silence

I listen to movie and videogame reviews while I do literally anything

Basinski is great.
Eno's ambient stuff, stars of the lid, just ambient stuff without any rhythm or percussion is fine, sometimes white noise from YouTube. I'll only listen to something while reading if I'm on the bus or something, or the dog next door is barking constantly, any time there's noise..

slow classical music, preferrably performed with 1 instrument (violin piano onl)

Usually video game or anime soundtracks. If you pick the right ones, it's awesome.

nothing

RAINY CAFE
雨のカフェ
مقهى الأمطار

Statistically I think that music that is unfamiliar and without words is the best to do. I know Bukowski liked classical music, Gustav Mahler was a good one for him. I personally like etheral space or chillout music. Brian Eno is good with Ambient music. Maybe Ambient 1: Music for Airports. His Apollo album is popular as well.

what the actual fuck

>listening to anything but white/red noise

It's almost as if you books or something

Underrated post

*hate books or something ...................................

holyfuck im sleep deprived

grow up faggot

both of these anons are patrician (because I agree with them and am patrician)

Maximum cozy. I went into a writing frenzy today as I saw planet mars floating by during the day while Silencio was playing. Fucking hell, it was a moment meant to be.

This is new. Please elaborate user

I'll be darned
how is that new?
that's what retarded
people do

swans or gybe

Just rain sounds or dark/drone ambient. If it has vocals or even just a real melody, it's too distracting.

Hey!
I like listening to people talk, is all. I get anxious sometimes, and it helps.

I can only focus 100% in total silence. I can read with music, and in public transport I prefer having noise canceling earbuds and music at a low volume because it's better than random chatter but if I have a choice I always choose silence. If I'm studying and have to remember what I'm reading I require silence.

I even turn my computer off, because I don't like listening to the fans (it's not a loud computer, Fractal R5 stock case fans and a custom CPU cooler) while reading.

The only exception to this is the sound of rain or river.

Field recordings of libraries.

Red noise?

Enya all the way. That and the fantasy playlists on Spotify are great. I switch the playlists out for different books. when I hear a playlist many years later it makes me reminisce on that story, hard.

classical minimalism, piano jazz, instrumental hip-hop (the lo-fi anime shit on youtube, I know it's pleb shit but it's great BGM)

>listening to music
>while trying to absorb a book

Lol, do people really think they are smart enough to do both?

pure silence

I have to return the book in 2 weeks I have no choice

aka brown noise or Brownian noise

More

Your mother's moans

The steady stream of traffic thirty metres outside my window.

None. I prefer reading aloud; it gives an added dimension to the material for me.

I guess that's one way to stop sub-vocalising.