Best literature from the last 5 years or so?

best literature from the last 5 years or so?

bump I wanna know this too

Unironically, my diary

Just wait until it gets a translation I guess.

since he is arguably the best living writer this might be a good pick

this goulash dude seems interesting, what are some recommended translated works?

have some more motivational tits

I'd say start with Sátántangó or Melancholy of Resistance. You might not like the gimmick and be put off by War&War and I think you should read Seiobo later on but he consistently writes great literature.

Thanks for spoonfeeding dude, much appreciated. Will check it out.

Here's a magnet link for the torrent that contains english epubs of Satantango, Melancholy of Resistance and War and War.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5da102c700676ddb8b7990580e2d47506b91904b&dn=L%c3%a1szl%c3%b3%20Krasznahorkai&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce

GERALD
MURNANE

Murnane is a great choice, of his three books in the last 5 years I've only read A Million Windows but loved it.
His most accessible book is The Plains, I'd probably then recommend Barley Patch. He's a prose writer, through and through. There often isn't a great deal of plot in his books.

Highly recommend. J.M.Coetzee rates him highly too.

Oh wow someone else who knows him, he's one of my favourites? What else have you read by him? I've read Inland, Plains, Barley, his memoir and that book of essays he did. By far Inland is my favourite, I cried at the end

Oh and he also has a new novel in the works called Border Districts, which he says will be his last. No word of when its coming out, but based on interviews I've read about it it seems like its gonna be up there with Inland

the notebook is my favorite movie. i cried at the end.

I'm excited to hear about a new work coming from him, not surprised it's his last though. He must be about 80 by now. I really think that he's only gotten better and better as he's aged, but I think his writing style lends itself to that end, rather than exciting dramas and such.

The first book I read of his was A Lifetime Among Clouds, which was a super zany ride. It's about repression and masturbation in catholic schoolboys. The whole book is a diary of masturbation. And then I read Inland, which at first disappointed me because I didn't pick it up for anything other than a continuation of a weird old bloke's chronicling of his masturbation habits, but was pretty eye opening.

Also Plains, Barley, started Tamarisk Row but that was a little over my head when I had it out, I'll need to re-borrow that one, A Million Windows (probably my favourite), and I'd like to get A History of Books but the libraries up here don't stock it.

One day soon I'm going to travel down to shitfuck-nowhere in Victoria and attend one of the yabby competitions that he judges. I want to see what kind of mind produces prose like he does, a book solely about learning to masturbate, and still finds time to assess the aesthetic qualities of an Australian freshwater crustacean.

Knausgård Tbh

Haha I don't think he's ever explicitly spoken about it, but in his memoirs he makes a joke about how often masturbation shows up in his fiction.

I've wanted to meet him too in some way. I wrote a fan letter last year but was too scared to send it. I should send something before its too late. Cool to meet a fellow fan finally.

If you havnt already, there's a long interview with him on youtube that goes into his life and process. Its on the Giramondo youtube channel. Its worth checking out.

>One day soon I'm going to travel down to shitfuck-nowhere in Victoria and attend one of the yabby competitions that he judges. I want to see what kind of mind produces prose like he does, a book solely about learning to masturbate, and still finds time to assess the aesthetic qualities of an Australian freshwater crustacean.

Masturbation is based solely on assessing aesthetic qualities in an other, so it's no surprise that this guy wound up being our one of our foremost yabby inspectors.

Yabby could almost be Aussie slang for dick; it sounds like some stupid shit we'd say.
>lol that bikie is shaking his yabby at that coppa he is fucking done m8

Frogtwitter t b h

I haven't seen those interviews on youtube, thanks user I'll have a geez at those. I think you should send it. I might send one too.
It could be a bit of a shame if the finest writer this country has produced since White died thinking he was unappreciated in his own country. More so than he thinks he is now anyway.

I wonder if there's scope to write a biography on his life as a yabby inspector, entirely aside of his life as an author?

few times I been around that track
so its not gonna happen just like that
cause I ain't no houllebecq grrl

Great tits.

Counternarratives by John Keene

Watch for it

you have to wonder why she wears a watch

Agreed, she should be able to read the time by the length of the shadow cast by her pendulous breasts

What do you think of her?

Two great recent ones:

The Corpse Exhibition and Other Stories of Iraq

Secondhand Time: The Last of the Soviets

I might also suggest trying his two recently published short stories, The Last Wolf & Hermann

I'm very interested in this book but haven't gotten around to checking it out. How is his prose?

I got Annotations by him but haven't touched it, would you recommend it?

My choice would be this, or (the image in the next post).

fucking Veeky Forums

Brief History of Seven Killings
Laurus
Eileen
The Buried Giant
The Neapolitan Novels
We the Drowned
On the Edge (Chirbes)
Things we Lost in the Fire
Wolf Hall
this

>On the Edge (Chirbes)

What'd you think of this? I'd read it in Spanish if you could give a little more detail.

Also fistbump for Eileen, Moshfegh is the best fucking writer currently. Check out Homesick for Another Planet if you haven't.

I thought it does internal monologues very well, and adequately frames the Spanish cultural and economic malaise (the glory of the civil war generation, the pathetic degeneracy of the boomers, the hopelessness of the young, the exile of the immigrant) as narrated in the media in a very well written lament. I suspect if I was a Peninsular it would make me weep. It is unrelentingly morose however.

Novel Explosives by Jim Gauer

La Silla de Karpov by Javier Garcia-Galiano

Agreed. Really enjoyed it. Especially Acrobatique.

You're welcome, now how about that source?

That picture is definitely more stimulating than any literature from the past 5 years.

the greeks

>no Houellebecq
Really?

Except all the times he's mentioned in this thread I mean

What ethnicity is OP girl?

WHY must you torture me with the jezerbells, they got such large tits. I'm trying to be absent and can't touch my cock anymore. Devil stuff, you know what I mean. Lets just keep talking about books and not posting human bodies. I don't want to get tempted into showering and making an okcupid profile.

Against the Country by Ben Metcalf

real talk

does anyone have epub of it?

george saunders

i'm more interested in her titerature

Richard Flanagan.
Will self has just completed his grand modernist trilogy which is fantastic (umbrella, shark, phone).
Marlon James.
Svetlana Alexievich - Second hand Time
Denis Johnson - Train Dreams

What's the point of ascetism without a little bit of temptation? I'm pretty sure that's Angie Varona.

>wanting to steal books from a living writer
This is why trash books make money and keep getting published, and good ones aren't seen as fiscally viable by the publishers

Alas, some people do not have the money to acquire certain books, alas some people do not have the accessibility to get to such books

Enrique Vila Matas -- The Illogic of Cassel and Vampire in Love
Javier Marias - The Infatuations
Can Xue -- The Last Lover
William Gass -- Middle C

they dont sell books in my country.

Deported.