Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough...

>Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough, and looked don’t-fuck-with-me enough that his biggest problem was killing time. So he kept himself in shape, and taught himself coin tricks, and thought a lot about how much he loved his wife.

Please don't ever post on this board again.

/pol/ army reporting in!
*clicks heels*
destroy jewish propaganda sir yes sir!
sieg heil!
deus vult!

I actually really liked that part in the story. A businessman and a cab driver (one's a demon, but I forget which - the cab driver, probably). They have sex, and then in the morning, they just... switch lives, calmly and if it were an obvious forgone conclusion. If I'm honest, I think it's my favorite part.

Brian Fuller doesn't pull any punches, and I love him for it.

you talk like a beta

>mfw plebs think Muslims can't be gay

I was quite surprised to see that sex scene (mom was in the room). I bet the ISIS weren't too happy with that one lmao!

> tfw the fire in the sub guy's asshole represents getting filled with cum

>shifting to hatred of "plebs" instead of Muslims because you know that every other Muslim wants you dead for being gay

have there been other, less explicit gay sex scenes between male muslim characters in tv history?

forget the memes for a moment. i kind of liked the tv show so i wondered if the novel might be worth reading. im interested how the different story elements are implemented in the stroy line.
>has anyone ever read that fucking book or are you just memeing it into shit to protest these SJW article shit

>muslim people would, literally, kill you for being homo.

>2017
>being gay or showing full homo is considered shocking and raunchy

I did read it, and it wasn't bad. A couple of the side stories were nice (like I said, I enjoyed the life switching one most), but it was also kind of convoluted. Too much happened, and I can't remember a clear thread through that held it much together. There were some interesting ideas, some fun bits, some fun characters, but if you want to read neil gaiman for the first time, I'd suggest Neverwhere.

OP, calm down, I like the show too. I was genuinely wondering if the explicit scene had an intense backlash. I could imagine someone tweeting it to ISIS members to piss them off.

I haven't read the book but from what I've heard is that it's a fun, dark yet breezy beach read. The prose doesn't seem spectacular or anything but if you like Neil Gaiman's other works (and btw I do like The Ocean at the End of the Lane a lot) then I would assume you'd enjoy it.

>raunchy

YOU MY BRO DID I JUST HEAR YOU SAY YOU WERE AFTER SOME RAUNCHY FUN?

WELL I GOT SOMETHING TRULY RAUNCHY (IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT!!!!!)

GO AND SEE "BAYWATCH", IT'S SCREENING AT THE MOVIES NOW AND ALL OVER THE WORLD! (MY EUROPEAN BROS IS HAVE BEEN LOVING IT BIG TIME!!!!)

CHECK IT OUT MY BRO IT'S HELLA FUN

this took a surprisingly inoffensive turn.

This is a literature board. This post belongs in /tv/. Please delete it and post there.

AAAAMEEEEEEEERIIIICAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAND OOOOOF THEEEEE FREEEEEEEEEE

i watched mike and dave need wedding dates yesterday and it was surprisingly fun and im not sayin that just because anna kendrick is my waifu for laifu

It's a disjointed, unfocused mess. Read ocean at the end of the lane instead.

Gaiman is a better writer than Stephen King, but it's on the same level. Expect that.

But King could never have shown the level of attention to mythology that Gaiman does though, because Gaiman loves that shit. He has the Norse gods in a lot of his shit. It's a hobby horse of his.

The style is also intended to be pulpy, gritty. I have no clue why people are trying to force the opening line as a meme. It's actually perfect. The style is meant to contrast with the grandeur of mythological element. He's showing how far they've fallen, the idea of the gods. He also tries to say something interesting about America and what it represents.

It's middlebrow at worse, one of the last books I would've ever expected to get focused hate when there is SO much more deserving shit.

Don't worry, it's not a meme. There's just one asshole who always posts this and that poppy z brite book synopsis. He does it every two days or so, and always at the same time, like it's going to catch on, or something, but nobody actually gives a shit. It's actually pathetic.

I don't see how anybody can dislike anything with The Rock in it.

Middle-brow entertainment is the true evil. Low-brow only catches the attention of idiots, middle-brow wastes the time of people who could read high-brow if they cared to.

Name the last five books you've read, faggot.

Does Book of the New Sun count as one book or four? Before that there were Swastika Night by Katherine Burdekin, Legend, by David Gemmel, The Last Unicorn and A Fine and Private Place, both by Peter Beagle.

Mr. Highbrow, I presume.

Swastika Night is better than 1984 and Brave New World.

I'm impressed.

the last unicorn is very comfy

This but not necessarily in a bad way. Almost dreamlike at times.

My favourite part of American Gods was the town Shadow finds himself in several times 'on vacation' from the larger plot point about the Old and New Gods going to war. I read the Author's Preferred Text version.