GO VEGAN

I think veganism is good. you people should all go vegan. If you go vegan it'll be better for your health. It will also be better for the environment and you dont have to pay for animals to be killed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production
reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index
reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs
veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/02/where-do-you-get-your-b12/
iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque
youtube.com/watch?v=MfUfTU61cak
youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Very weak bait.

I saged your thread, just wanted you to know ;^)

This isnt bait you fuck. what is wrong with discussing diets on a food and cooking board?

Faggot detected

Fuck you I do what I want.

counter sage :3

>and you dont have to pay for animals to be killed

Killing animals is labor and labor is worth a salary.

>all should go vegan
no
>better for your health
assuming i want to live any longer
>better for environment
assuming i want people to live any longer
>paying for animals to be killed
literally the only thing keeping me going at this moment.

Post your skinny wrists, receding hairline and man tits faggot

>Better for your health

Yeah, who needs iron, B and D vitamins, essential dietary lipids, complete proteins, DHA and all that useless bullshit anyways?

>Better for the environment

I'm sure people breeding like vermin in impoverished shithole countries isn't what's placing all of this added strain on the world

I think veganism is bad for you as you cannot get certain b vitamins essential to human health withought eating some form of animal proteins. Some people say you can supplement with b12 injections or vitamins but those are now being found to lead to colon cancers and prostate cancers. Just be careful if you want to live an unhealthy lifestyle it is a free country for the most part.

I watched cowspiracy and got hungry a few times because of the documentary. Some of us can't be saved, OP. Some of us don't want to be saved.

You do realise B vitamins used to be in the soil but we can't get it like that anymore right? The animals you eat are supplemented with B12

>Man tits

People get gyno from beer and chicken faggot. Soy has phytoestrogens which don't have any notable effect. Also vegans have the same if not higher testosterone count. Read some studies faggot. Some world record breaking strongmen are vegans.

>Breeding like vermin in shithole countries

Alright Mr Churchill. Watch cowspiracy or go back to /Pol/

>Breeding like vermin

Alright Mr Churchill make up as many excuses as you want. Watch Cowspiracy or go back to /Pol/

Most of these can be found in vegetable diets. Iron/Vitamin B/D, some lipids/etc are found in common foods like grains/beans/nuts/green veggies/etc. Tons of vegies provide proteins. DHA is obtained from breast milks and I think algae oil.

On top of that, there's always fortified vegies/rices/nuts/food that comes with the essential needs. There are vitamin pills to take if you need any extra.

Seriously its not that hard. Well, full vegan diet might be bit hard to get into the habit but full vegetarian diet is frankly too easy.

Meat is delicious though, so I'm going to just try and eat more vegetables but still eat meat.

I kill my own animals.

You can fuck off with your unsustainable lifestyle.

daily reminder that eating meat is degeneracy

veganism is moral purity

YOU ARE ALL FAGGOTS! GOD HATES MEATKEKS!

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.

- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/02/where-do-you-get-your-b12/

Animals ethics crash course - [YouTube] Non-Human Animals: Crash Course Philosophy #42 (embed)

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient & intelligent as retards should have the same moral status

formal argument - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

(Meatcucks please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Meatcucks please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

I would love to stop eating meat and be vegan, but it tastes far too fucking good for me to stop. I guess that means I'm addicted, I don't know. It's also way more filling and satisfying.
>you can either eat 6 oz of meat or 2 lbs of veggies
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

how is obtaining vitamins from supplements "natural" ?

also arent supplements and related items tested on animals? hoow can you, as a vegan, support that?

Take the redpill lads.
youtube.com/watch?v=MfUfTU61cak
youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg

the spelling on this pic is killing me

- Vegans have higher test

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

- Eggs increase cancer risk even when adjusted for intakes of macronutrients or for other food groups

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589

meatcucks BTFO

fuck off

What's wrong with the spelling?

Lol
>Watch my shill documentary that's like totally unbiased

Why is everyone so angry and biased towards vegans?
Is it because you can't handle to face the fact that UNNECESSARY torture and death of sentient beings is UNETHICAL?
There is NOT a SINGLE nutrient, including ALL 9 essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, vitamins (yes, including B12) and minerals (yes, including iron) that is hard or expensive to get in a vegan diet.

Lol
>Watch that doctor telling you smoking is bad for you
>Oh wait, he's biased because he's an oncologist so his words are invalid
Retard

Same reason people don't like Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses knocking on our doors. The invalidity of their stance is only the beginning of their annoyance.

Smoking is actually not that bad for you if you use it sparingly or quit by like 40. Like many other things moderation is key.

logical proposition for meatcucks

P1: It would be wrong to treat dogs the way we do farm animals

P2: There is no morally relevant difference between dogs and farm animals

P3: A morally relevant difference is a difference that justifies different standards of treatment

C: It is wrong to treat farm animals the way we do

Why do you always post this. It never stumps anyone or changes their minds. Nobody will ever give a fuck about dumbass birds. Some people like to eat dogs and that's their choice too.

>knocking on our doors
Except this isn't your house, it's an open public forum, and you can just filter out the word "veg*n*" (to filter out vegetarian or veganism too)
What about the bird's or the dog's choice?

>don't like Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses knocking on our doors

But they're so fun to fuck with, user. Nothing is better than beating those fucks at their own game.

>beating
>he thinks there are holes in the vegan argument
MAXIMUM KEK

P1 is wrong because you're failing to distinguish between pet dogs, wild dogs, working dogs, and livestock (meat) dogs.

P2 is also wrong, largely for the same reasons. There's a massive difference between a dog that has been raised as a "family member" (a pet) versus one that was raised to work, vs one raised for meat, etc.

You're also

irrelevant descriptive statement

people eating dogs doesn't make it moral to eat dogs

try again meat boi

Lol doesn't make you less annoying tho. You're annoying. You annoy people in real life and you annoy us on the internet. Accept this as part of who you are and deal with it. Every person I know who isn't a vegan talks behind vegan people's backs about how annoying and retarded you are even if we say nice things to your face or even play along for a bit (women do this a lot) I live in a liberal college town in California so I know vegans aren't really accepted anywhere.

Dogs and chickens do not deserve choice.

so morality is based on the arbitrarity pet/not pet status

the absolute state of meatcuck philosophy

lel

Why did they just give her boiled sprout? Why not sauteed or roasted in olive oil and garlic salt. They're literally trying to make her react negatively to vegetables.

HEY ITS THE WHACK A PIGGY WEBM AGAIN. MY FAVORITE!!
you're shits getting stale lad

>P1 is wrong because you're failing to distinguish between pet dogs, wild dogs, working dogs, and livestock (meat) dogs.
Lol
YOU are failing to distinguish between them. What trait makes a dog food or friend?
>P2 is also wrong, largely for the same reasons. There's a massive difference between a dog that has been raised as a "family member" (a pet) versus one that was raised to work, vs one raised for meat, etc.
See above
>You're also
What
Are you retarded, fellow vegan? You misquoted me.
>Lol doesn't make you less annoying tho. You're annoying.
You too
>You annoy people in real life
Most my irl friends don't even know I'm vegan, lol
>and you annoy us on the internet.
"MY SAFE SPACE IS INVADED! TRIGGERED!"
>Dogs and chickens do not deserve choice.
Why not, friend?

if veganism is so great why do any carnivores exist
checkmate atheists

tagged the wrong post

this person is a retard

>My friends don't even know I'm vegan
If they don't invite you out/over to meals they aren't your friends lad

Lol you're so frustrated your stale ass memes are stale. What kind of sperg posts the same shit over and over for at least a month, gets btfo every time and then does it again? I mean really.

is this b8?

why are you so triggered by vegan posting bro

90% of B12 is being sold as growth factor for meat production.

My friends are in another country because I moved out of my parents' very recently, and I have only gone out with my new friends here for beer so far. In the school cafeteria I always only get tea or coffee.
My point is that we aren't as you've pictured us in your mind :)
>is logic, empathy and compassion b8?
Is this b8?

They use fish bladders to make beer perfectly clear.

not all brands ;)

More than you think. Breweries don't publish their ingredients but I can tell you from first hand experience it's rampant. Better stick to hazy IPA

>If you go vegan it'll be better for your health

Don't believe everything you hear from random people until you verified the information yourself.

I wish somebody warned me about the dangers of all Vegan diets while I was young, but it's too late as I am now *living* with stage 2 colon cancer.

> Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA raising risk of cancer and heart disease

Sarah Knapton

29 MARCH 2016 • 10:15PM

Long term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.

Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.

But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

why veganism over vegetarian diet?
wouldn't go for either of them though, just curious.

>Long term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Not just correlation, but DIRECT CAUSATION of vegan diets leading to elevated inflammatory arachidonic acid levels.

Because memes.

>The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

Let that sink in for a minute. Vegetarians have 40% higher colon cancer rates than Meat eaters.

Why doesn't BIG AGRACULTURE companies like Monsanto tell us this information?

At least the pork industry will straight up tell you that eating bacon every day will kill you.

Why does Monsanto and big agra try to hide all the negative sides of eating a restricted vegan diet?

both the egg and the dairy industries are unethical

how is killing plants any more ethical then? you're still killing
>inb4 arbitrary definition of killing

Continued:

To make the problem worse, the mutation also hinders the production of beneficial Omega 3 fatty acid which is protective against heart disease. Although it may not have mattered when the mutation first developed, since the industrial revolution there has been a major shift in diets away from Omega 3 – found in fish and nuts - to less healthy Omega 6 fats - found in vegetable oils.

"Changes in the dietary Omega 6 to Omega 3 balance may contribute to the increase in chronic disease seen in some developing countries,” added Dr Brenna.

Previous studies have shown that vegetarianism and veganism can lead to problems with fertility by lowering sperm counts.

Separate research from Harvard University also found that a diet high in fruit and vegetables may impact fertility because men are consuming high quantities of pesticides.

who the fuck is Sarah knapton

literally just some random shit off the internet.

Actual studies show meat dramatically increases rate of colon cancer

Meat gives you colorectal cancer

>I don't eat milk or eggs cuz I saw a video online once

>Previous studies have shown that vegetarianism and veganism can lead to problems with fertility by lowering sperm counts.

>Separate research from Harvard University also found that a diet high in fruit and vegetables may impact fertility because men are consuming high quantities of pesticides.

LIES!!!!

perfectly reasonable response to evidence

> Obvious Monsanto shill is obvious

It increases risk (maybe) by less than 40% of a disease you've got less than 5% chance of getting. What are you afraid of?

I'm gonna Commit a genetic fallacy real quick and point out that Reddit and vegan health mag aren't valid sources. Besides humans are omnivores, you'd know this if you had an actual understanding of biology.
You cannot claim morality is relative and then move the discussion to normative ethics, it's hypocritical and moving the goal posts. Math is one of the few inherent truths as 1+1 always equals 2. You have not provided any arguments yourself either but instead are setting arbitrary rules to your debate.

Tl:dr you're a fucking Moron that posted no arguments and used bad sources try again Faggot.

Evidence of that guy not knowing how to do his job. It's not that hard to feed a calf.

I agree with this guy. Monsanto Organic Products (tm) are fresh, delicious, and 100% safe to eat with no risks or long term health effects!

Remember kids. Meat is bad. Only buy Monsanto Certified Organic products if you want to live a long and healthy life!

post doesn't claim morality is relative. Literally advocates the opposite

read it properly you spaz

>I agree with this guy. Monsanto Organic Products (tm) are fresh, delicious, and 100% safe to eat with no risks or long term health effects!
>Remember kids. Meat is bad. Only buy Monsanto Certified Organic products if you want to live a long and healthy

WE LOVE YOU MR MONSANTO!!!

>Let that sink in for a minute. Vegetarians have 40% higher colon cancer rates than Meat eaters.

Yes, but according to the article, it's 2nd generation vegans that get fucked.

So if you hate your kid, and want to give them cancer, GO VEGAN! Yay!

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with Monsanto.

Veeky Forums is literally Veeky Forums for children

plain embarrassing desu

I love the vegan bashing but I'm not so sure that Monsanto cares much either way because they sell all the feed for animals too.

>> Obvious Monsanto shill is obvious

They spam Veeky Forums every other day, like clockwork.

>Long term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.
>Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.
>Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.
>But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

Long Term Vegan diets >>> Elevated arachnid acid
Arachidonic Acid >>>> Chronic inflammation
Chronic Inflammation >>> Cancer

This is old news, people don't care because it affects subsequent generations.

What is arbitrary about sentience+intelligence?

Human grade (edible) pesticides are highly regulated and far, far more expesnive and profitable than animal feed.

Monsanto derives nearly 80% of their profit from 'organic' human grade pesticides.

They compete in the down market of anmial feed but Chinese competition is pushing Monsanto out.

All of monsanto's future profitability is banking on high margin human grade "organic" pesticides.

There is a very good reason Monsanto is shilling "vegan lifestyles" so hard... money.

source?

Because there is no conclusive evidence that organisms that lack our brains and nervous system lack sentience. Plants "know" when other plants miles away are in distress. The idea that brains are the "only" route to sentience is myopic

ITT Veeky Forums retards who don't understand citation

Sounds pretty plausible. I'll look into it further

>All of monsanto's future profitability is banking on high margin human grade "organic" pesticides.
>There is a very good reason Monsanto is shilling "vegan lifestyles" so hard... money.

There is also a good reason the EU is considering banning Monsanto until they publish all their research on Glyphosate...

It's fucking CRIMINAL that monsanto still claims Glysophate is organic and safe to eat when it has obvious links to tumor formation.

>There is also a good reason the EU is considering banning Monsanto until they publish all their research on Glyphosate...

Anybody who believes vegan foods are safe to eat because the "government" told them so needs to look into who the government is taking money from...

>Anybody who believes vegan foods are safe to eat because the "government" told them so needs to look into who the government is taking money from...

FUN FACT:

The head of the United States Food & Drug Administration, responsible for food safety, is no other than the Ex- CEO of Monsanto.

thats just a harmless coincidence.

Yeah and why shouldn't Monsanto merge with Bayer?

>that is hard or expensive to get in a vegan diet

You mean "in a supplement". Veganism is malnutrition and should be classified as an eating disorder.

I'd have to give up meat then, does not compute

WTF? Do 'Mericans not understand "conflict of interest?"

>correlation = causation: the post

>Vegans have higher test

>but this was offset by higher sex hormone binding globulin

Do you vegtards even read the shit you link

Bro we had an election that featured Hillary pay to play Clinton and Donald I'll suck your dick for a line of credit Trump. We're italy and burlesconi tier right now.