Recent purchases. dollar bin edition

recent purchases. dollar bin edition.

Where do you live to find anything above prolefeed in dollar or less bins?

I have that Browning book, the lower one. He's good. Do you like Hopkins?

robert browning will get you some serious 80+ poontang user

Toronto at this chain of used book stores called bmv. their flagship store is 4 floors so they get loads and loads of used stuff. although yonge and Dundas has the better used bins.

Kek

I recently found out i'm related to browning and his wife
watch out for me mate

I saw that same Columbine book in my travels the other day. Is there really anything about Columbine worth reading into, or is the accepted TL;DR "Autism"?

dunno but Elephant is worth watching

also dylan and eric were literal fags

it depends wether or not you are interested. it shows you their journals. they went to prom 3 days before the shooting. they got arrested and caught with bombs a few times. it's the best book on Columbine I've heard. I'm just interested in it because the year it happened was my grade 9 year in highshool and our school seemed exactly like Columbine. jocks making fun of the gothic loser kids. nobody died though.

every school was like that, columbine was a catalyst for our generation of boys to be emasculated by our elders out of fear

live near college campuses

local store had a sale on norton editions

WATCH IT ZADIE

wh-what

My old copy of Moby Dick was returned in less than readable condition by the last person who I lent it too, so they bought me a new copy. The rest was stuff I either wanted to read(Cortazar, John Banville, Hunter S. Thomspon) and stuff that has been borrowed permanently(Camus).

Drooling over those Norton Criticals, my man

What an absolute pile of shit. Kys cunt.

>My old copy of Moby Dick was returned in less than readable condition by the last person who I lent it too, so they bought me a new copy.

This is why I'm always so afraid of lending books. It's not so much the book itself that's the issue, since none of my editions are really fancy, but rather my margin notes and favorite passages.

Anyway, local used bookstore had a new bunch of loebs this week and I'm friendly with the guy who works there; got a pretty good deal.

I've been meaning to go to BMV for a while. This has helped motivate me.

step aside...

Like just walk into the "campus bookstore" and smell around?

Hell yeah this nigga reading thomas merton and camille paglia in one stack...

You gotta be as confused as me, and i dont envy you for it, but i bet wed be friends.

nobody gives a shit about books you haven't read yet

thanks user. i am very hopelessly confused, but all the better for it i guess.

nice sleeper shit post, but you overplayed your hand with the question mark outside the scare quotes

I started with clash of civilizations

Picked up recently:
The Woman in the Dunes-Kobo Abe
Hard to Be a God-Boris and Arkady Strutgatsky
The Melancholy of Resistance-Laslo Krasznahorkai

Looking forward to reading them all but which should I start with and is Hard To be a God a good entry into Strutgatsky's Noon universe?

> is Hard To be a God a good entry into Strutgatsky's Noon universe?
yep

R8?

10/10 for balthazar

I got that edition of Walden the other day. Hoping for some comforting reassurances.

Book of Longing
Society of the Spectacle
Fear and Trembling
The Waste Land

It's fine, though i can't stand the "notes at the end of the chapter" thing, i'd rather have them below the page

bump

That translation of Red and the Black has been surpassed recently (by a significant margin)

Just bought this, impulse buy for halloween later on.

Mostly 19th century short stories like Blackwood, Polidori, Malpossont, and strangely enough, Kafka's Penal Colony

Arreola 10/10

nooooooooooo :( my $1 fuujujjccccckkkkk

Im not criticizing your purchase you fucking sperg, im just suggesting the Burton Raffel translation, as the one you purchased has lots of lacy neo-victorian prose.

lol I'm just being a fag. I actually kind of like that though. if it was written back in the 1880s I'm cool with that.

>"step aside..."
>posts them sideways and upside down

I love this place

Just read "The Magus". Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I did, 10/10