Do you have a favorite literature-related comic, Veeky Forums?

Do you have a favorite literature-related comic, Veeky Forums?

It always amazes me how Calvin's opinions were played for laughs but somewhere along the way people started taking them seriously.

its the jews m8 try a redpill

that's fucking good user

the rabbit hole goes even deeper than that my sweet summer child

Calvin and Hobbes will always be the shit.

Watterson > Huxley > Chesterton > Orwell > Bradbury >>> Atwood

The man could write poetry.

Holy shit.

Calvin and Hobbes is the most Reddit-tier piece of media.

Here's your (You)

my mom got me a signed copy of one of his books. i know the possession is meaningless, and the importance of it would be shunned by watterson himself, but it's still a huge part of my life. watterson taught me how to read, how to think outside of the lines, in retrospect, the guy was a father to me when i didn't have one. it's hard to look back on his work without sentimentality getting in the way, worrying about nostalgia glasses and whatever. anyway, i'm glad the man created what he did, i would be far more of a shitbag than i ever have been without him.

This. It's the ur-text for dryly punning humor and contrarian rhetoric that masks essentially conservative/old-liberal ethical values

imagine being so easily offended that a calvin and hobbes comic hurts your ideological feelings

achewood is hot

THE DIGITS OF KEK BLESS THIS PREDICTION

S T O I C

no it is not stoic.
Stoic would mean he would endure the hardwork without seemingly suffering.
This ignores any woeful sorts.

Krazy Kat.

>This ignores any woeful sorts.
ew
that's the point

well that is not what being stoic means

I don't think so :)

"hark a vagrant" is god tier

>a person who can endure pain or hardship without showing their feelings or complaining.

We are done "discussing" this.

What a pretty afternoon.

S T O I C

What does Veeky Forums think of Moore's From Hell? Is it Veeky Forums tier or not? Pic unrelated.

I like Calvin and Hobbes a good deal; I actually started the thread in Veeky Forums on the strip a month or two ago.

As I said then, though, while I admire and enjoy Watterson, I'm not convinced that comic strips (or comics/graphic novels more generally) can actually rise to the level of art. Or, if they are capable of that, I'm not sure that any of them actually have, though Calvin and Hobbes probably came closest.

Cowboy Henk

Alan Moore's Providence is both the most horrifying thing I have ever read and the most Veeky Forums comic I have ever read.

i havent read Providence yet (i actually just started to download after reading your comment), but i think the most Veeky Forums comic has to be The Sandman

Isn't there a gruesome rape that triggered feminists

What the fuck

Cowboy Henk is my favourite

top fucking kek

holy shit please post more of this

This is some Chad Stride shit

The Bus is always good.

It always amazes me when people point out a piece of relevant satire from previous decades and act like the thing it's talking about didn't become a real issue until recently.

actually lolled

post moar

I don't get it, how does he read in the last panel there's not enough sunlight

Far Side