Do you get mad when people use their phones while eating?

Do you get mad when people use their phones while eating?

yes but I get mad at everything

Yes.

no, it means i don't have to make up shit to say to them

This is one of my pet peeves. You go out to eat to socialize. If you were gonna be on your phone during this time then you shouldve just ordered carry out and stay your ass home.

You shouldn't get mad, you should take it as a hint that you're an uninteresting person and they'd rather look at dank memes than converse with you.

only if they keep trying to take pics of everything

T.Grandpa

It's very annoying, because these people ignore you while you talk to them

If they're just quickly checking the price on BTC or something it's fine, but staring into the phone and having, presumably, entire text conversations for minutes at a time on it really is rude.

HaHa

I dont particularly care, but It's somewhat rude if you're in a one on one setting.
Chances are they check their phone every 30 seconds anyways. This is why, in 2017, I still have a goddamn flip phone.

People used to goof on me for not having a smartphone, but a few years later they seem almost envious that I'm not permanently hooked up to a computer.

Not trying to be a hipster, I just dont want to carry a computer around.
/blog.

depends on who i´m eating with and in what setting. i have a friend(collegue with whom i eat almost everyday and since we are "at work" and know each other a bit there is not always the need to talk. most of the time we do but i would not get mad if he was on the phone during the meal. at home or with people i don´t see that often i would be not that lenient. context is king

No one I eat with does this. Maybe because I'm not in a lower socio-economic class?

I get mad when people don't use their phones while eating

If it's just them looking something up we were talking about or using it to take a pic of the food, I don't care. If they're just fucking sitting there texting and gabbing on facebook though, yeah. People where I live stopped doing that nearly 10 years ago, though.

is rude but i often don't get mad.

I get mad when the guy/girl ask me something , and when im answering quickly looks at the phone.
>"so did you get that X i give to you?"
>"yeah , got to solve my pa-"
>*guy looks at phone*
>i have to wait until he comments his food on some social media

no it means i can chew and enjoy my food without meaningless small talk between bites

Mad because you aren't important enough to talk to.

Only if it's a date.
Well hypothetically, I've never been on a date.

>I've never been on a date

Veeky Forums poster child detected. Show feet and you're it.

It doesn't make me mad but it's kind of embarrassing and pretty depressing

Sounds like suppressed anger funnily enough.

how to detect good food
>no one is talking
>only few words mumbled while eating "good" "delicious" "mmhhmmm" "glarblgraa"
>no use of phone because enjoyment over something really delicious

>captca; Arabian Lane Dead End

I don't mind if it's once or twice, but anyone glued to their phone in public pisses me off.

Not "mad", per se, unless they're on a date or something and the other person is clearly trying their hardest to communicate, but it's kinda baffling. Why even go out? Just stay at home and look at your phone there while eating pizza or something. It's a heck of a lot cheaper.

This. If they're friends or co-workers you just remind them it's rude if they're not just using it to check bus/train times or look something up.

I have this one friend that will watch YouTube videos on his phone at full volume in a restaurant.
He sits there laughing at it the whole way through.
After he's watched it he then decides that I also need to watch it so I'm not left out of the fun.

I try not to use my phone in general when im hanging out with others, whether theres food or not.
however, i know some people who seriously can not take a hint unless it slaps them in the face. They will talk on and on about the most boring shit possible, so at that point i have to take my phone out just to get them to change the subject.

You could do that thing called a phone stack.
Everyone puts their phone in a stack in the middle of the table, the first person to touch their phone pays the bill.

I wouldn't say mad, but sometimes it's irritating when I go out with friends, we're having a conversation where everyone is actually engaged, and then one person pulls out their phone, then everyone else does and the conversation dies.

I'm totally cool with it when we're just hanging out or whatever, but when we all decide to go out for dinner I like to actually talk to them while we're out.

there are so many pictures on the internet of plates of food with my angry and disappointed face in the background as I look on while some faggot takes a picture of his french onion soup

I don't take pictures of myself every 5 minutes so maybe I'm just insane.
At least I waste time on the internet in the privacy of,my house instead of when I'm out with friends.

Yes.

I also am a middle aged mom on Facebook. These millenials, right? Did you hear about my recipe? The secret is a pound of cream cheese!

T. Triggered teen

I'm not a teen, and I don't even own a cell phone. I'm just not a moron.

Yes.

>Have family over for dinner
>Make a great meal
>Wash up
>Sit down on the couch with everyone
>They're all silent and engrossed in their phone

Feel like telling them to get the fuck out of my house.

No, but i make sure i will never go eat with those fuckers again.

friends checking their phones when we hang out bugs me in general but then I feel bad because I start to think maybe I'm just not that interesting

Back when smart phones were getting popular I did but now I just join in.

Only when they ask me to eat with them and they do it. After that I make an effort to never go to a restaurant or their house for dinner again.

>be me
>go on a date with this qt3.14
>expensive Thai place
>everything looks and smells great at tables around u>I'm expecting to pay for meal
>after we order and waiting for food bitch pulls out phone
>she just made this a split bill stupid rude bitch
>pull out my phone and disengage
>get her to pay for half of meal, even though she held conversation well enough during meal
Mfw still got to hang her that night

I get mad when people do anything that will distract them from eating and that includes talking. I don't want to be stuck sitting in an uncomfortable chair while listening to you smack your lips for 30+ minutes after I've finished because you're too much of an autistic retard to stick to one task.

>Mfw still got to hang her that night

I'm assuming you missed the B key but on Veeky Forums you never know,

Depends how much they're used and for what reason.

But no, I don't like it. You can use your phone fucking any time, why do you have to use it when we could be having a conversation?

Yeah, this.

>still got to hang her
Butchers hang a carcass to drain the meat before preparing

maybe youre not interesting. i pull my phone out when theres awkward silence

Yes. Big time. I think it is rude, and I don't want to spend my time and money on hanging out with such person or them.
It is acceptable if they reply messages. Or checking something, like informations. But when they start to ignore others and scrolling trough facebook page or instagram then there is no excuse. It's ignorant, it is clueless, it is rude, and it is a misuse of phone.

>maybe youre not interesting. i pull my phone out when theres awkward silence
I wish this was satire. You're a miserable bugboy

1.change the subject
2.stop hanging out with them

It's actually a great filter for me. Real friends would put up with that shit, or know how to get out of it. So I know which one will just use their phone or who is worth is to hang out with.
But I don't think that poster meant it as satire because i've seen such 'friends' before.

>i hate people who act like i do

Are you retarded? I do not whip up my phone. I observed my friends.

are you me? it is the year 2017 and i never owned a laptop in my life, although I will eventually end up getting one as soon as I find a job.

install a signal jammer in your house, turn it on whenever family comes.

if its more than just a glance or two to reply to someone. i dont want them on the entire time, makes me feel like im boring them. maybe i am too, but i think primarily people are too used to checking their phones routinely for the latest update.

No, mad because it's fucking bad manners and rude. The other person could sit there and not talk to me if they want, and it's still better than acting like a boorish piglet.

Laptops are great, especially with the new small ones

I think the food gets mad at me when I don't give it my full attention. I try to single-task myself while sitting at the plate, but it is terribly hard to do.