Stop being lazy Veeky Forums

stop being lazy Veeky Forums

no

make me

ABSOLUTELY DECADENT

Can't fight the zeitgeist bro

That's where you're wrong kiddo

Great Man is a retarded historical theory, class conflict makes more sense.

Aaaand the autistic Marxist ruins the thread....

You called?

fuck good call. I was only supposed to take a piss and go back to reading but I sat down and now I have 8 tabs of Veeky Forums open. damn instant gratification and friend simulator.

Stop being loved

I would prefer not to.

Leave traditionalism to me.

You mind if I save that rare Carlyle?

The rarest Carlyle is a happy Carlyle.

>when your poetry so dank they lock you up

No, class conflict is retarded too. The point I was making was that Great Man is more retarded.

Brainlet detected
Remove Aristotle, Cromwell, Muhammed, and you have an entirely different history

No

(also these threads are so pretentious lol)

Muhammed didn't actually change quite that much. That is to say, polytheism in there was on decadence, someone else would probably have taken his place with comfort.
Or they'd all be christians, that's also possible.

I think that the Christian Arabs would have conquered at least Persia. Power politics don't change that much, and vacuums get filled and holes stuffed.

Remove the guy who saved Louis XVI from falling to his death from a ladder and you have an entirely different history too.

Remove the primordial bacteria that which all humans descended and you have a bigger change than any amount of humans not existing. If a strand of bacteria can be more important than all of humanity how great can any single man be?

Carlyle's book on Heroes does not really present a theory of history. Carlyle wasn't a materialist. Quite the opposite actually. He thought the true essence of religion was hero worship. At one time great men were revered as Gods, but in the modern world, people no longer believe that humans can be anything but human. Weber referred to this as disenchantment. Weber got the idea from Schilling, whom Carlyle also read.

the question is how

>damn instant gratification and friend simulator.
Just play Persona 5.