Veeky Forums tells me I have to read the greeks, the bible...

>Veeky Forums tells me I have to read the greeks, the bible, basically the entire western canon before I can read the fun books of the last 2 centuries
>/g/ tells me I'm retarded if I continue to use windows 10 and google botnetto
>Veeky Forums tells me running and bodyweight exercises at home will only stimulate my "girly muscles"
>/int/ and Veeky Forums tell me english is a shit, nonsensical language and I am automatically less intelligent for being monolingual
>Veeky Forums tells me I am a dumb """"millennial"""" if I invest in cryptocurrency instead of finding "real investment advice"
>Veeky Forums tells me I am a silly child for wanting to read translations of non-poetic works
>/ic/ tells me I have to draw for at least 8 hours a day (16 hours being ideal) or else I will never make it
>/tv/ tells me I must enjoy most critically acclaimed films before the 1970s or else I am a pIeb faggot nigger
>/mu/ tells me I have shit ears
Give me one reason why I shouldn't just read enjoyable masterpieces of postmodernist literature like The Recognitions, War & Peace, Mason & Dixon etc while reading through sparknotes and summaries of works to understand the references/allusions, while also watching TNG, shitposting, self inserting as the girl while I masturbate, listening to insomnium, the music from Sharpe, using asmr for female intimacy and to help me fall asleep, while ALSO saving hundreds if not thousands of hours I would've spent on mastering a second language.

>Veeky Forums tells me I am a dumb """"millennial"""" if I invest in cryptocurrency instead of finding "real investment advice"

This is an absolute lie.

By reading 'basically the entire western canon' you get a far better _depth_ of understanding when you read the 'fun books'. If you don't care about depth, and just want the internet-tier breakdown, then you should do that... But your experience won't be as delightful. :)

Okay.

[I think you should be excited at the idea of learning about the timeline of works leading up to the current, classic novels. Or give up reading, kid!]

Enjoy your and /g/ is right. why would you use windows 10

LTSB with no automatic updates just works

read whatever you want until you want to read the classics. This is what happened to me at least. I was a dirty positivist who needed to keep reading to break free first before I could appreciate the classics. Essentially, if you don't like classics, it's because you're not emotionally evolved enough to get what they're getting at. Which is okay

>using Windows 10 unironically
Just kill yourself right now.

>masterpieces of postmodernist literature like [...] War & Peace
I don't even know what to say at this point desu senpai

>/tv/ tells me I must enjoy most critically acclaimed films before the 1970s or else I am a pIeb faggot nigger
I never got this. The acting was fucking shit, the aesthetics were shit, the soundtracks were alright and mostly everything else was shit too.

>/int/ and Veeky Forums tell me english is a shit, nonsensical language and I am automatically less intelligent for being monolingual
>Veeky Forums tells me running and bodyweight exercises at home will only stimulate my "girly muscles"
Literally true. Regarding the second one, you can consider bodyweight exercises as some shitty form of cardio, at the very least.

Marketa Lazarova is the peak of film.

>war & peace
>masterpiece of postmodernist literature

>War & Peace
You can read that right away. You're probably not going to get it though just cause you're a retard that says shit like Tolstoy is is postmodernist.

Apart from the way it automatically updates I have had 0 issues with Win 10.

english is the greatest language in the history of the earth, the only people who say things like this are third-worlders and europeans with a sour-grapes complex that grew up speaking some secondary language that the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about. funny how we're all speaking english right now, even the ones who speak other languages. i wonder why that is? hmm..

>The acting was fucking shit,
They had different standards you fucking theater critic. You're literally on the level of YA-readers who stumble upon a Tolstoy novel and complain because it's boring and misogynistic.

dream on faggit

elizabethan english had some ring to it I'll give ya that but modern english (espacially the american brand) is the most dumb'd down language ever, why do you think it's so easy to pick up for literally anyone? Good language for shitposting on msgboards but horrible for literature

>he says while writing in english
sure thing pablo

>i wonder why that is
Are you trying to get reamed by leftists? You do know that people didn't just start learning English because they wanted to read its literary output, right?

>do i really have to read all that
>posts huge post
Fuck off.

you're implying i said anything otherwise. the powerful world speaks english

Bodyweight creates the best looking bodies. Weights make you look like a meathead.

i only use windows 10 ironically
am i cool yet?

War and peace is a grand part of western literature. You can start wherever you like because you're never going to fully understand it --western lit-- anyways

>war and piece

This guy knows his shit.

If you can't enjoy at least Bergman than you're the worst kind of arrogant pleb

>you're never going to fully understand it --western lit-- anyways

It literally doesn't. Unless you roid or do heavier bodyweight stuff like muscle-ups with bars etc you'll just look DYEL.

As someone who did bodyweight for years and just recently started working out again with weights, this guys got it.
I was skinnyfat all of highschool doing ridiculous amounts of pushups and situps and running. Been lifting a month and I can already see a difference in my shoulders and chest

>You're literally on the level of YA-readers who stumble upon a Tolstoy novel and complain because it's boring and misogynistic.
Nope, not the same at all. That'd be more akin to comparing genre/way of directing. I.e. synecdoche vs an action movie. Text doesn't have the same elements film does. I'd never levy this complaint against books, paintings or instrumental music (if one prefers electronic music then that's another thing)

Yeah, seriously. Some people are seriously deluded when it comes to these types of things, weights feel either scary or like a big investment (having to acquire them if you don't like/want to go the gym and having to learn proper form) but it's the right way.

His definition of "meathead" is probably visible muscle though, let's be honest.

>learning and honing skills takes effort
>reading the western canon to gain insight into how all modern books came about takes effort
>learning another language takes effort
>investing in a fluctuating fiat currency is a bad idea
>subjectivity is subjective
To be completely honest user, it sounds like you just don't want to put in effort and time to improve yourself. It also seems like you need group validation because you actually care what /mu/, /tv/, and /int/'s opinions are. Be your own man user, everything you've listed is a spook.

>>investing in a fluctuating fiat currency is a bad idea

What? You know how cryptocurrencies have fluctuated? Up.

Started mining a few years ago and it single handedly has been the best decision I have made in my adult life.