I'm putting together an ebook of Land "selected writings". So far this is what I've got:

I'm putting together an ebook of Land "selected writings". So far this is what I've got:

>Old stuff

Meltdown, Machinic Desire, Shamanic Nietzsche, Circuitries, Art as Insurrection

>Old blog

Reality Rules (I haven't read most of the posts on the old blog, so if you have any recs that'd be great...the posts have been saved at oldnicksite.wordpress.com)

>xenosystems

Romantic Delusion, The Cult of Gnon, Re-accelerationism, Meta-Neocameralism, Science, War in Heaven I & II, Utilitarianism is Useless, What is Intelligence, IQ Shredders, Hell-Baked, Monkey Business, The Monkey Trap, Will-to-Think, Against Orthogonality, Abstract Horror & Exterminator

>jacobite
Atomization, Accelerationism

+ The Dark Enlightenment

What am I missing? I haven't read the book on Bataille, are there any bits that would make for a good excerpt?

Other urls found in this thread:

timespiralpress.net/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM6AzdvgK2LJMLHhI3Yeouy-3jiAKcvuB
youtube.com/watch?v=j8xIalgYEVo
youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-JHjY32M4
youtube.com/watch?v=U0LaOskuZdc
youtube.com/watch?v=19btA3M23QU
youtube.com/watch?v=K0qpAuEt9VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aGGuxfDxFDo
youtube.com/watch?v=rXK9qhHn-eY
youtube.com/watch?v=2fmXxJoLnps
youtube.com/watch?v=FqomBIWx83I
youtube.com/watch?v=90-R4ErVGd4
youtube.com/watch?v=tQiWJK03Ij8
youtube.com/watch?v=i-RdsIst6p4
after1968.org/app/webroot/uploads/anti-oedipe(1).pdf
monoskop.org/File:Deleuze_Gilles_Guattari_Felix_Anti-Oedipus_Capitalism_and_Schizophrenia.pdf
soundcloud.com/nicklandrhizome/jungle-mix
youtube.com/watch?v=f-
twitter.com/outsideness/status/804359811840102400
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is actually a great idea

the first essay from fanged noumena should absolutely go in, kant/capital

You miss his most secret blog:
timespiralpress.net/

Post it, girlbrain.

daily reminder that nick land got laughed out of professional philosophy and had to resort to becoming a youtube personality for teenage boys/joe rogan to make a living because his books aren't taken seriously by anyone that knows anything

That just prooves how scared they are by him.

Make it everything not included in Fanged Noumena. Or just email urbanomics.

>got laughed out of professional philosophy and had to resort to becoming a youtube personality for teenage boys/joe rogan to make a living because his books aren't taken seriously by anyone that knows anything
His views are radically different from what's considered acceptable by the general consensus in academia, so I'm not sure what this post is supposed to prove..

But he isn't a youtube celebrity? He doesn't even have a youtube channel.

I don't believe he's ever been on the joe rogan show either, though I've never seen that show so I can't say for sure.

The last nick land thread auto-saged (after 300 posts and a week as Veeky Forumss largest thread!), so I wanted to reshare this 'accelerationist trolley problem' meme I created this morning.

text comes from the Concept of Acceleration seminar at the NCRP
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM6AzdvgK2LJMLHhI3Yeouy-3jiAKcvuB

Doing Gnon's work, user.

land officially sanctioned 90's jungalism soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=j8xIalgYEVo
youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-JHjY32M4
youtube.com/watch?v=U0LaOskuZdc classic
youtube.com/watch?v=19btA3M23QU
youtube.com/watch?v=K0qpAuEt9VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aGGuxfDxFDo
youtube.com/watch?v=rXK9qhHn-eY
youtube.com/watch?v=2fmXxJoLnps
youtube.com/watch?v=FqomBIWx83I
youtube.com/watch?v=90-R4ErVGd4
youtube.com/watch?v=tQiWJK03Ij8

ACCELERATE ACCELERATE

>be sacked for unironically corrupting the youth
>not a true philosopher(?)

too much skunk and speed sent him doolaly.

pre breakdown land is best land.

Don't forget Meat under "old stuff"

a true kek was had that day

was hoping somebody would post some appropriate music

not a jungle guy but still

How do we accelerate capitalism so capital can push humanity to the side?

>Monkey Business, The Monkey Trap

>not a jungle guy but still

Ccru was

This is frankly the hardest part of the CCRU for me to get behind. I guess the internet was new, people needed an outlet and a place to be weird.

I've just been to too many lame dance parties and avant garde events. Dimly lit, loud, drugs, public sex... it all gets old after awhile. I stopped using psychedelics when I stopped having interesting revelations on them.

Wew. I'm going to be 29 in a week. I guess this is what it's like to be old.

feed it your dreams

Don't worry about it. The default position is acceleration. It isn't a political project, unless you want to hop onto all of these poorly thought out left acceleration manifestos or become an NRx libertarian.

Like Land's 'Accelerationist Trolley Problem' , the moment of decision has probably already passed.

This is the best I could do with my pathetic photoshop skills. If anyone with actual ability feels like having a go at it, that'd be great.

its not bad tbqh. Thats from Blade Runner right?

A slightly less serious take might be to do some kind Animorph style transformation of Land into one of the boston dynamics robots or something.

I was born in 1980

these things were different in the 90's.

I caught the very end of something quite special and was going to clubs/raves from 16. by 1999 it was pretty much a different thing....and that was in the uk. I'm not sure where you're from.
the states in particular always seemed particularly lame.

I wish i was around for the late 80's and early 90's

>joe rogan

pls happen, imagine joe's monkey face trying to make sense of a stimmed up nick for 3 hours

why is she making the white power sign

to eat a peanut

So what are we supposed to do? Leech bennies, watch anime and get comfy?

This isn't bad at all.

nice work user

it's really a mistake to assume that any given philosophy must tell you how to live your life.

bennies anime and comfiness aren't the worst ideas

Send this to the Trolley Page Problems meme page.

perfect

In old stuff put Spirit and Teeth

Is Demanufacture a concept album about accelerationism?
youtube.com/watch?v=i-RdsIst6p4

Also probably stuff that he wrote for CCRU or if there's anything in the Collapse Journals

>laughed out because he doesn't want to live in a mud hut
Yeah and the academic asses are going to be stretched by the migrants since they don't tolerate their faggyness, fucking subhuman kikes

>Harold Bloom and Nick Land are alive at the same time
Something about this just doesn't seem right

Opinions on the font?

it's fine just post it already, I want to read this all day

making this into a proper mix ty

A lot of them do have a prescriptive/ethical element to their work though.

Does Land not?

Academia is a joke at this point outside of STEM.

Being rejected by them is a badge of honour.

>font

Please make an epub version user, not merely a pdf.

Pdfs are shit. Also, serif fonts are better for longer reads.

Pretty slow for an accelerationist... Thanks for your work though.

Looks fine.

Posting The Civilized Capitalist Machine, required reading for all Land stuff.

after1968.org/app/webroot/uploads/anti-oedipe(1).pdf

Yeah I'll make an epub version too, don't worry.

It's gonna take a while. The texts from Fanged Noumena need all sorts of time-consuming manual work (footnotes, etc)

>got rejected from the mainstream marxist /leftist /progressive cabal of institutions
that's what is called 'the cathedral'' by NRx
. It mutes/kills everyone who dares to stand up against it's dogmas of universalism/ multiculturalism ,islamification and 3rd world immigration to the west.

need any help? accelerating this should be our main goal atm

this

the cathedral is real

How about a short bio for the introduction?

Who would write it and what from what position? Seems problematic, given his controversial status and shift from leftism to NRx. I say don't include a bio, unless you can find someone with decent authority (whatever that could mean) to write it. It'd certainly be easier if he was dead.

I've been listening to his recent 'Concept of Accelerationism' of seminar at the NCRP, he makes it pretty clear that any 'right accelerationist' position is actually is almost a kind of 'antipraxis'. The default mode is acceleration is to let capital do it's thing. If there is a right accelerationist project, it exists only in fighting against 'inhibition' (as Land puts it), which means resisting regulation, populism, central planning, reactionary politics, utopian politics, traditionalism- essentially resisting all right and left political programs.

Left Accelerationism is struggling to find a project, the theory is there, the praxis isn't. Or it just devolves into a project that is more leftist than accelerationist.

NRx is barely a political project, more of a meta-political frame for people to experiment with organizational structure. Its frankly a bit cynical, I almost see it as an invitation for people to destroy themselves.

the only problem I see with including the CCRU stuff in a Land Reader is that you can't really tell what he wrote and what others wrote. The CCRU archive is pretty good as it is, as well.

I'm not familiar with the trolley meme page. Is this a website or something? Feel free to submit it yourself.

link machine broke

Please post it

>after1968.org/app/webroot/uploads/anti-oedipe(1).pdf

i just tried it again and it worked for me. you can get here also

monoskop.org/File:Deleuze_Gilles_Guattari_Felix_Anti-Oedipus_Capitalism_and_Schizophrenia.pdf

>Who would write it and what from what position? Seems problematic, given his controversial status and shift from leftism to NRx.

I was thinking something simple and fact-based. In 1991 he went to Warwick, in 93 he founded CCRU with Sadie Plant, in 1999 he went to Shanghai [I made up all these dates] and so forth.

soundcloud.com/nicklandrhizome/jungle-mix

work now, link machine fix, have a nice day

Wouldn't you want to include how his ideas developed from CCRU to the current time?

I just don't get what Land offers than other philosophers don't do better. It's just because he openly panders to alt-right and techno-weebs, right?

I mean, he's fucking British. This should be a red flag to all of you. Brits and philosophy = always wrong.

Personally I don't think they have developed at all, but I suppose that's debatable.

Copious amounts of amphetamine.

>I just don't get what Land offers than other philosophers don't do better
the concept of acceleration

>brits and philosophy = always wrong
deleuze loved hume tho

>he's fucking british
and yet he's not teaching in england but lives in exile in china and still managing to get suspended from even online stuff like the new centre

he's the least british philosopher of his generation and one of the most interesting guys to talk about since whenever

Deleuze is overrated but I can see his appeal. Not a big fan of Hume either. Getting banned doesn't mean anything. He LITERALLY admitted to be on meth for the first half of his career and can't recognize himself in the stuff he wrote at that time.

> the concept of acceleration

Virilio does it better. If Land is wrong, you guys just endorsed liberalism and corporatism for nothing.

The air-conditioned nightmare.

I love Virilio

>Virilio does it better. If Land is wrong, you guys just endorsed liberalism and corporatism for nothing.

Virilio is pretty cool too. If you're into Virilio, why wouldn't you want to explore other thinkers focusing on similar themes?

Please tell me if I'm retarded but when I read through hyperracism it doesn't seem to be that traditionally racist desu
He lives in an ocean of chinks too, maybe I just don't understand the concept well.

>deleuze is overrated
disagree but ok

>He LITERALLY admitted to be on meth for the first half of his career and can't recognize himself in the stuff he wrote at that time
not a crime. he knows

>virilio
i like virilio too. he understands that along with the concept of acceleration the concept of braking would probably also be useful. he's def worth reading i agree

> If Land is wrong, you guys just endorsed liberalism and corporatism for nothing
doubtful that he is wrong tho. granted you're never wrong rooting for pessimism and collapse, i'll admit

my feeling is that you read land until you realize how truly nightmarish capital is and that in fact becomes the impetus to clean your room peterson style. land and peterson are both extremists of western thinking and two of Veeky Forums's favorite memes. amazingly land admires peterson, and i would think that if peterson knew about and he would say he was a diagnostician of a life without all the stuff he is championing

what the nick hand deterritorializes the peterson hand reterritorializes

Peterson is a hack.

disagree

Peterson is a pretty good thinker for the most part, he's not perfect though and I get tired of seeing him getting posted all the time teebeeaich

yeah. the day Veeky Forums had 13 threads on him was too much. but he's not a meme

can you suggest a peterson book/essay that will convince me he is more than a youtube self help guru for froggos

Doesn't Fanged Noumena have all his writing from 1987 to 2007? Or is it just selected pieces.

I can't stand Peterson.

> amazingly land admires peterson

lol retards of a feather flock together. That about solves any doubt I had in the perceptiveness of Land. He's shit.

Peterson isn't all bad but he makes some really retarded claims sometimes. seems right up Nicks alley

He might not be all bad, but he's not any bit great/good/intelligent.

you can listen to these
youtube.com/watch?v=f-
wWBGo6a2w&t=7551s

basically just read tho. start with the greeks, read marx, digest your frankfurt school, get blowed up with nietzsche, read heidegger, existentials, deleuze, all of it. the more you read the more interesting it gets. peterson is happening today but there's a long story to catch up on and it's a very interesting one

boring post tho

don't know why that link doesn't work, it's his biblical series on youtube.

>peterson is happening today

with kids from /v/

you're just hopping on any philosophical e-trend

>basically just read tho. start with the greeks, read marx, digest your frankfurt school, get blowed up with nietzsche, read heidegger, existentials, deleuze, all of it. the more you read the more interesting it gets. peterson is happening today but there's a long story to catch up on and it's a very interesting one

I'm pretty unimpressed that I ask for peterson readings and you tell me to read the cannon instead. Still, I'll listen to your youtube link later.

>cannon

see pic related

you misunderestimate the value and the charm of hopping on philosophical e-trends

when something new happens in philosophy it's kind of a thing, esp after you read back-to-back generations of exhaustingly deconstructive french guys and the 13123rd iteration of What Did Discourse Mean By This

it's just interesting

>I'm pretty unimpressed that I ask for peterson readings and you tell me to read the canon instead.
i'm pretty unimpressed you haven't read the canon already

this is Veeky Forums, i was under the impression everyone had already read the canon back to front here

i-i suddenly feel quite faint

*clears throat*

Okay. I'm just memeing here. But in all seriousness, Peterson is a fucking great reason to go back and read the canon and not be too charmingly Parisian and exhausted about all of this.

Canon's great you guys. The more you read, the more interesting and enstupidifyingly mysterious it all becomes. Look how happy Girard is.

>>I'm pretty unimpressed that I ask for peterson readings and you tell me to read the canon instead.
>i'm pretty unimpressed you haven't read the canon already

Yeah, busy reading Kant atm. Maybe you misunderstood my reasons for asking for a peterson reading. I'm pretty unimpressed with his political youtube shenanigans. Why should I bother to stop reading Kant, and pick up Peterson?

anyway, you still haven't given me something to read.

Peterson is a retarded Jungian with terrible foundations for his philosophy and religion. How dare you associate him with Girard.

How dare you.

Peterson's book isn't very good (he has lectures that explain the book anyway), and he doesn't really have any novel ideas. He seems like a respectable dad type dude and he seems like he's been a pretty good influence on people. I fucking hate the memes and him actually acknowledging kek and the autists from here. Embarrassing, but dad type dudes tend to be embarrassing.

Ignore Peterson. Keep reading Kant. You're doing good.

If you're reading Kant right now then I'm definitely not about to stop you. You shall hereafter be known as The One Guy On Veeky Forums Who Has Actually Read Kant and can make helpful and poignant contributions to the Land threads. And there will be peace in the realm and awesome discussion instead of boring and redundant shitposting.

>you still haven't given me something to read
By Peterson? His most interesting stuff are the lectures, I think. I read Maps of Meaning and I thought it was okay. Personally I find him more interesting as a charismatic speaker. He even says that that's what he's trying to do, go on stage and think publicly so that you can actually watch his thoughts twist around and so on.

If you're reading Kant now then stick with that and I guess you can enlighten the rest of us or something. I haven't read Kant at all, as you can probably guess by my tendency to verge wildly off-topic and so on.

Because here's the thing. In terms of psychology, whether it's Freud, or Jung, or Deleuze, or Nietzsche...beyond a certain horizon nobody can really say for certain how these desires work or where they come from. Personally I'm swayed by whatever seems to me to be the biggest and richest argument at the moment. It happens when you lack a formal philosophical training (as I do), didn't start with the Greeks (as I didn't) and basically have just tried to read all of this shit on your own. For reasons that seem increasingly inexplicable other than because It's Interesting.

In terms of reading Peterson, he's already posted his book list. My own reading list would be different, as would yours. If you're reading Kant now then don't stop unless you're bored to the point of scooping out your own eyeballs. Obviously.

I was for a while known as Girardfag on these boards, so it's not like Girard isn't near and dear to my heart. He's at the centre of my meme 3x3 list of favorite philosophers. Big fan, in other words.

sorry if I came off harsh. Part of me wants to engage Peterson in good faith, part of me assumes he's a hack. So when I asked for a recommendation and you say "read the cannon" and give me a non-functioning youtube link, it just pissed me off.

I since sorted your link, listening to it now. This better be fucking good for all the attention this dude gets.

>Yeah I'll make an epub version too, don't worry.
10x i was worrying desu

>land admires peterson
citation needed

All good fella.

Just Read The Canon obviously sounds (and is) douchey. It's not like I've read it either. Just parts of it, and in a very undisciplined way. The more I read, the more interesting it gets. And the more bewildering too.

So tastes my vary. For me the appeal of Peterson is after so much deconstruction, reconstruction. Claims that Peterson is a sort of crypto-fascist are interesting but I interpret them in the same way that Zizek is a kind of crypto-Stalininst: these are guys who are both highly sensitized to the dangers of ideology and are basically too aware of the need for some measure of psychic lubricant in their own lives. Which is why they have to keep talking. They want to work out their own demons, in a way, and in so doing they contribute to the science of demonology in the process. For Zizek it's ideology; for Peterson it will be the Logos, I think. I don't know. But he supplies a much-needed perspective on the horrible century from which we are emerging and which we do not wish to propagate further. Guaranteed all that is repressed returns to repeat itself.

In many ways Peterson is both literally and figuratively talking about the Forbidden Fruit; the horrors of the 20C are still much too close to us in many ways. I have more to say about that but fortunately I've got a whole summer of his lectures to look forward to now.

Anyways. I don't want to sound like a shill. But if I have a gun-to-my-head choice (always a pleasant experience) between shilling or not shilling, I choose shill.

twitter.com/outsideness/status/804359811840102400

I'm gonna read Fanged Noumena just so that I can put under deconstruction.

(actually I won't cause it would be too much of a hassle for a meme post on Veeky Forums, and other "speculative realism" guys are more interesting)