This knife set is only $25 on Amazon? Do you think it's worth it?

This knife set is only $25 on Amazon? Do you think it's worth it?

youtu.be/ip3GzVDvl2g

Other urls found in this thread:

thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-chefs-knife-for-most-cooks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. Buy one good knife at a time. Bundles are all shit.

what do you think?

Oh my god I just looked at the blades themselves. Bro that kit is full retard.
>scalloped edges
>vaguely asian "cleaver" thing becuase wapanese knives r superior hurr dur
>like 12 steak knives for god knows what reason
>fucking serrated fillet knife?!
Just get a victorinox my man

thats a horrible knife set. buy a paring knife, high carbon steel. if you are broke, find one at a thrift store. and a chefs knife. then buy a sharpening stone at a flea market. you are done.

Knife buying guide:

2 options:

>I don't really care, I'm willing to buy another knife after a year or two
head over to your local Chinatown and buy the knives they sell there, they shouldn't cost more than 5 bucks a piece.

>I am a samurai and must be one with my blade, I will pass it down to my son and so shall he to his
Read this: thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-chefs-knife-for-most-cooks/
You don't necessarily need to buy the recommendation but use the thought process to guide your purchase.

Shouldn't you be afraid if you buy a shitty knife from chinatown and the blade breaks and hits you or something?

With what amount of force are you cutting your average onion with?

I'm from Veeky Forums so more force than average.

A cheap knife set isn't necessarily a terrible thing if you are both capable and diligent with a sharpening stone and/or steel. That said, people looking at cheap knife sets almost never are. Also I wouldn't touch that particular set with a ten inch cleaver.
But the best thing to do is buy a decent chef's knife, and only buy other knives when you start regularly running into tasks you find it less than ideal for.

Just make sure it has a full tang and you'll be fine

Chinatown still operates under a more ancient, less regulated capitalism. If your shit breaks you bring it back to the store and threaten to cut the owner with the shards unless he gives you a refund, the way it was done in the old country.

Just buy chef knife, paring knife, bread knife, and filet knife if you like to filet your own fish (which I know you don’t). Then get a 400/800 grit and a 1000/600 grit whetstone off Amazon. This is probably all you will ever need to invest in knifes your whole life. Maybe get a set of steak knives when you’re old and start having dinner parties.

That is way too fucking abrasive for a knife

Oops meant 1000/6000.

And I should clarify, 400/800 is for extremely dull knives that barely have an edge

What's the bread knife for? Chef's knife can cut bread.

I doubt most noobs would keep their chef's knife sharp enough to cut bread without crushing it so a serrated knife for bread is a great idea. They're also very cheap even for a good quality brand so it's hardly a problematic purchase.

If anything I'd say that the paring knife is pointless for most home cooks. Their only real purpose is carving delicate little garnishes and such. Most home cooks don't do that. Anything that could be done with the paring knife can be done with the chef's knife instead.

That makes sense, thanks.

>cheese knife literally just has the word "cheese" on it

>>literally just
Did you miss the obvious difference in shape, the fact that "cheese" is cutout of the blade to reduce sticking, and the fork-like tip for serving?

I guess you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

>not mentioning the knife with the word cheese stamped out of the blade

>Chinese store of any kind
>owner not packing immense amount of heat.

You shouldn't be using that much force with your Kiwis.