How many faggots on here are gonna read this

how many faggots on here are gonna read this

Other urls found in this thread:

doras.dcu.ie/view/people/Nagle,_Angela.html
research.ie/awards/irchss-awards-scheme-1-postgraduate-scholarship-2011-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There was already a large thread on this a week or two ago. It seems like a solid read and I like Nagle in her interviews. I'll pick it up.

Nagle is posting her own shit again.

Nagle detected.

lol

Hey Angela

Who the fuck is going to read that garbage?

> "garbage"

It's actually quite good. She clearly knows her stuff.

>written by a woman

Honestly this. There is no way any women will have an understanding of Veeky Forums and its culture beyond the surface

Even if they've been here since 2007?

They don't exist, unless you are talking about some /cgl/ sluts

I just preordered it.

you would be surprised

especially in the old days when most people came here for /h/ and /a/

hi, angela

can i get a quick rundown on this site and it's a culture?

great it's another book about contemporaneous cultural phenomenons. yupi.
can't wait for the Don Delilo novel about us

roaches have been here for several millennia and I still wouldn't read anything by em

>can't wait for the Don Delilo novel about us

pynchon already did it if you spend the time to figure out bleeding edge

W H E W

but that's not really Pynchon style user. perhaps you're reading too much into it?
it's not like pynchon wrote a novel about 9.11 in 2004 is it?

Veeky Forums has been alluded to several times in Gibsons never novels too, or so I'm told.

(((nagle)))

read it again and you'll understand he's speaking in many ways to us directly

interesting, any specific titles?

> Since completing her PhD on anti-feminist online subcultures, Nagle has become an expert on the alt-right, appearing on many television and radio programs.
>PHD
>anti-feminist online subcultures
she's a hack. I'm inclined to find that PHd..
I didn't read it. But I believe you. If someone with real Veeky Forums experience were to write about it he would only leave subtle clues understandable only the members, not like the hack of the OP proposes to do

i fucking hate her already.
she's going to be lauded for copy+pasting posts from r9k without ever knowing what exactly the essence of the whole thing is.

how, or even CAN she relate to the user base in any way? Fuck no. Just another opportunist on "the cutting edge." Nagle if you're reading this, FUCK YOU

That so? I put the likelihood of the author being a jewess pretty high, especially with that name, but didn't find a wikpedia page and got distracted by something else.

Oy vey, running cover for the tribe cause the truth is spreading fast.

I really hope she saw that pedophile posting on /r9k/ last week. I want to see his post get published or something that's just as funny

I already did user, I preordered and got it early

it was okay. She did better then I thought a normie would do

That stupid cunt got BTFO before her garbage book even came out.

lol i always did think neo-reactionary was a retarded term

why not just say reactionary or contemporary reactionaries? even that idiot Land uses it

it appears my jewdar may have been miscalibrated because it seems nagle is in fact an irish surname and judging by her photo she appears fully goyische however we must never rule out the possibility of deception in these types of cases. for the time being we will place her in the crypto-jew category until additional data can be collected.

why wont amazon let me look at the 1 star reviews?

they have an obsession to qualify, need new names all the time. if they can't box a certain group with a new word which they can then define as they wish regardless of how diverse the group actually is, they can't think properly

she's what you'd call a shabbos goy. doing their dirty work. most of the leftists are these kinds of scum.

hit the "All reviews" dropdown.

Interestingly, she had the neg review from the pic removed.

Hi Angela, nice dubs, since this is our third date does this mean you're our steady gf now? Pls respond

>yfw oliver stone wrote project chanology and closed the pool in 1993

I can't find her phd reeeeee

In Cory docdrow's novella the man who sold the moon /b/ is a villain for a bit
One of the most overt refrance I've seen to Veeky Forums

I'll read it if she's hot

Is she saying /b/ is the locus of all of the sites racism/misogyny or did she think the site is called
>Veeky Forums/b/

>Among the alt-right's leaders, Nagle sees Richard Spencer as the most influential
of course she does

i think she's thinks it's the originator, but it is trolling me she didn't say "the random board" or some such instead of /b/ more than her thinking it started it.

>the man who sold the moon
Why does anyone think this. Ive literally never seen anyone who thinks Spencer is anything but a joke on here. He was a punchline even before he got normie famous.

ok i think is right no joke
stop shilling your own fucking book you dumb cunt, women like you should be forced into prostitution

Because they are lazy and don't understand the movement they are writing about in the slightest.

this

roasties out!

Spencer has his flaws, but he's effective in his role showing normal whites who have been pumped full of jewish propaganda that it's okay for them to defend their own interests and admit that being forced to live around low IQ brown people is shitty. But I know your only interest is in trying to reinforce the jewish narrative that that's evil and rayciss badthink, right Shlomo?

because they don't put much work into their """investigations""", they just spout whatever is said by the others.
They're like a meme machine.

>Gif file

I was disappointed that her nose didn't grow and she didn't start rubbing her hands together.

Reading non males is a waste of time.

just bought this op

thanks for the reminder

post pics fucker

Slow shipping to Pennsylvania.

I assure you, they are around. They just arent interested in kekistan, they are in a constant powerplay to see who is the hottest and most idolized trip

Is there any other kind of shipping to Pennsylvania?

Were you the guy who bought it and are you actually from Pennsylvania?

Slick digits. I visited /cgl/ for five minutes and it was like a completely different website.

Kill All Normies threads will always reach the bump limit :(

why should i read about some shit i already know

"i browsed Veeky Forums and look what i found, the book"

who gives a fuck

>Reading a book written by a woman
>Ever

kek, talk about getting BTFO

>I'm inclined to find that PHd..

Looks like this basically IS her PhD.

Nagle, Angela (2015) An investigation into contemporary online anti-feminist movements. PhD thesis, Dublin City University.
doras.dcu.ie/view/people/Nagle,_Angela.html

She applied for + got an IRCHSS scholarship for it in 2011:
research.ie/awards/irchss-awards-scheme-1-postgraduate-scholarship-2011-0

The abstract:
"In the early years of the popular internet, in the spirit of Donna Harraway’s Cyborg Manifesto (1985), many theorists then called “cyberfeminists” were optimistic about its potential for women’s liberation (Plant 1998, Spender 1995). This came as part of a broader wave of optimism about the information age and its democratic and economic potential (Wellman 1988, Castells 1996, Negroponte 1995, Kelly 1998). While a significant body of critical literature emerged in response to what was seen as a utopian narrative in general (Van Zoonen 2001, Henwood 2003, Barbrook and Cameron 1995), much of this early utopian and cyberfeminist fervour has seen a re- emergence in popular political and cultural discussion again in recent years, with the Arab Spring, framed as a series of social media revolutions, the emergence of the internet-centric Occupy movement, “hacktivism” and the explosion of online feminism (Penny 2013, Mason 2011).

However, along with this renewed feminist optimism, there had also been a less discussed growth of anti-feminist online cultures. Expressions of misogyny previously unthinkable in the public sphere now appear anonymously on popular social media platforms, such as Twitter. Interestingly, this new transgressive antifeminism identifies as countercultural more than conservative and pro-family or men’s rights based as it has done in the past, and its locus, an infamous taboo- busting forum called Veeky Forums/b/, is also the point of origin of the hackers known as Anonymous and of the symbolism of the egalitarian Occupy movement. With reference to existing analyses on online misogyny and anti-feminism (Shaw 2014, Jane 2014, Penny 2014) on the relevant geek and hacker online spaces (Coleman 2014, Phillips 2012) and drawing on a wealth of literature about historical cultural parallels (Reynolds and Press 1995) this study aims to investigate this transgressive countercultural-identifying antifeminism, to locate it, understand its origins and to unpack its cultural politics."

Translation: She spent 6 years studying /b/ and basic "internet history," and her insights are still shallower than my 20 year old brother who has been using the site for 1.5 years.

I want to rub her nose

That really tells you all you need to know.

>>Among the alt-right's leaders, Nagle sees Richard Spencer as the most influential

SHE SPENT SIX YEARS Holy FUCK that is frustrating. What a hack. She knows absolutely nothing.

Spencer is a moron, there are far smarter people who have advocated for ethno-nationalism by people of European descent.

I don't disagree, but who are you thinking of in particular?

>roles
>normal whites
>IQ

>The wrong word again.

And people wonder why women are seen as retarded.

Yes and no

> nova-reactionary

I'm in tears, this is beyond gold.

i have. there's nothing remarkable about it. will still make it available when back at keyboard.

When I was a kid I used to think scholars were respectable. I didn't realize how many of them were just watching TV and playing on the internet and pretending they were doing something useful or interesting. I wonder if ancient schools and universities had an equivalent to this. Did any of Socrates disciples sit around all day watching plays and provide social commentary on them that nobody ever paid attention to?

Why would I read a book on a subject I already know too much about?

I understand more than the Author does so what is the point?

This thread is filled with astroturfing samefaggotry.

Being smart isn't that noteworthy if you don't do anything with it.
Spencer is not a moron, he's a pretty reasonable guy who did a lot to promote certain ideas. And he had the balls to put himself out there, literally risking his life and burning many bridges.

epub

mega.nz/#F!6UEzWbBZ!IusALaWU9D0ZDvP4v8WBxA

I'm not even going to pirate it out of pure disgust.

i was duty-bound to snatch it in the first place.
it's going straight to libgen for desiccation.

I've read a few of her interviews. She seems to over-simplify sites like Veeky Forums and Tumblr, focussing on extreme elements while ignoring the large communities that exist on both in a state of political apathy. Though she seems more focussed on elements like /b/ and /pol/, so I suppose that makes sense. I'd love to read an in depth analyses of the overall site, but I seriously doubt any such exists.
I suppose if people recommend it and I can get it on the cheap I'll give it a read. But I'm not going to go out of my way for it.

>this is your brain on /pol/

it didn't use to be like this

can you post the first couple of pages?

>user scratched his ass and sniffed his finger with a somber conviction, the smell didnt bother him, it never would, it permeated his surroundings like the aura in Chernobyl to which all it's wildlife would mutate to in order to survive. He clicked on the burgers and storefronts for the thousandth time, sending his volatile revere into ones and zeros, a click heard by none but himself, but received by hundreds just like him. The f5 key hit dust and food debris like a hammer.

lmao i hope this "penny" isn't are laurie

Gentiles can still be under influence. Watch this one carefully.

Eurgh, that image is enough to turn anybody gay, women are filthy.

thought she looked like a potato-muncher alright.

reading that barrage of Bogbros style nonsense reminds me that Paddy sure knows how to blather the hind legs off a donkey.

>Plámás, lads, look it up.

no, they were too busy bumming little boys
>Socrates
>Sir Steven Runciman
>Wittgenstein

Non-refereed """PhD""" is not worth the toilet paper it's printed on. She's a stupid feminist cunt.

>written by a womeme
Nah

sage