20% tip included

>20% tip included

Why do Americans accept this?

Tip percentage is adjusted with cost

>15% tip on $50 meal
>10% tip on $75 meal
>5% tip on $100 meal

Etc, pizza delivery is an automatic $5, whether it's early or late. Those faggots aren't getting a dime more since they've added 'gas tax'.

>Why do Americans accept this?
Because it's standard practice here. It's normal.

And since tipping saves everyone money compared to higher wages I have no complaint about it.

This. Why do millennials believe they're entitled to a large tip because I ordered expensive food?

If you cant afford to tip ypu should fucking not dine out to begin with

The whole argument for tipping is that you tip more for good service and less for bad. Ideally motivating better service. [spoiler] Which works because service in Europe is dogshit.[/spoiler]

Now that restaurants include the tip on the bill the whole justification for the system is gone. Tipping has turned into a waiter tax.

You can write 0.00 on the paper..

10% across the board here. Doesn't matter if it cost $2 or $200.

Pizza guy always has a 'wtf' face when I give him exact change for a tip. I find it hilarious.

What is a Nozawa, and why does it cost $40?

Is this tip expected even if you are a student/you're poor? Isn't a tip something you give voluntarily? Mr. Pink from Reservoir Dogs was right.
>service in Europe is dogshit
are you seriously saying that all service in all Europe is dogshit? Or is it just that service you experienced so far was dogshit? I'd like to know your experience with restaurants in Europe

Why not check the website and find out?

>9.5% tax
>16% tip
>tip is taxed
>17.52% forced tip

coasties think this is ok

>tip is taxed
holy fuck what
tips should never be taxed

in asspain and shitaly service is shit because no one gives a fuck about their job in general. I cant speak for the white countries

I was in Italy and granted it was a small village we lived in, the service was alright. Not excellent but alright. But I can see how in those countries people might be really apathetic towards their job. But I doubt that if you went into a solid middle-class restaurant anywhere in EU it'd be "dogshit" still.

>nigori
topkek

>Which works because service in Europe is dogshit

Statistically speaking, it actually doesn't improve your service at all

by law, Tips are supposed to be taxed. Anyone who receives cash tips are supposed to declare them on their W-2's and pay tax on them as income.

Of course, since most tips are just an undeclared palm of singles, no one ever fucking does. I know I didn't. more out of laziness than anything else, like fuck I was keeping track of all those singles

>I can see how in those countries people might be really apathetic towards their job

People are apathetic about their jobs in America too

We're talking about sales tax being applied to the tip, not the tip-earner's income tax. Your reading comprehension is awful.

Tipping on good service is mostly a myth. Generally people are always going to give what they normally give, which is 15-20%. The quality of service might affect if they round to the nearest dollar or something.

Tipping is bullshit because waiters are the only service position where tips are meant to supplement income. It's an unreliable way to earn a living and can create a toxic work environment with negative competition between workers. It's really just an excuse for restaurants to not have to worry about labor costs.

just like healthcare, you guys are paying for it too
the difference is we are aware of it, and you are blissfully ignorant to how much of your money is being taken

I can't speak for everybody, but I absoloutely do adjust my tips based on quality of service. I start around the normal 15% range. If the service was normal that's what I'll tip. If the service was usually good I will tip higher, and I will ask for the manager and tell them that. If the service was poor I will tip less. If the service was really poor then I'll tip zero, and I'll inform the manager.

Most of my friends and co-workers do the same (regarding the tip amounts, anyway--I rarely see anyone talk to the manager)

Im a servecuck and the only way I find that acceptable is if its a large party with a lot of plates. If I have a table of twenty and they all have main courses plus sides and drinks, thats a lot to carry. I have to pull more people from what they are doing and I tip them for their help. It sucks when I get stiffes because im not able to pay out as much to other people.

we dont, its only old people that do. Hence why less and less people even eat out

fuck ordering a pizza, i'll just go pick it up myself