Rupi Kaur Gets Treated Unfairly

I know Veeky Forums's stance on Rupi, the poetess, but I was wondering whether any of you have considered what she is really, actually doing. Rupi is bringing potentially thousands - if not millions - of young girls toward the medium of poetry, and even the act of reading again. After years of media disintegration - as envisioned by David Wallace - I'd think Veeky Forums should be better suited to foster the flower of literacy, however "uncanon" it may be.

So we should be happy women are retarded?

We should respect and pretend to like godawful, tokenism poetry because it might entice someone who is actually a really good super great fantastic poet to poetry, and just didn't realize it until they read Rupi Kaur's dogshit?

we know what she's 'actually' doing

writing dull shit

Your faux intellectual rhetorical questions, which mask your challenged masculinity, are of no content in this thread.

Rupi Kaur poetry = caricature

This shit as been a bestseller on book depository for like a year now. Why do people read this congradulatory shit? It's literally the Myers Briggs of poetry

N-NO! MY MASCULINITY! IT'S BEEN SHATTERED!

DAMN YOU, RUPI KAUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR

Does the caricature of Mickey Mouse not bring joy and morals to the masses of children whom watch him?

Are you implying women are children, you chauvinistic pig?

Her poetry is not 'uncanon'. There are better works which are 'uncanon'. Milk & Honey is complete horse shit. Every user could have wrote that after a big dose of romantic comedies and YA novels. Her work is devoid of any creativity (to say at least).

some would say reading bad things is even worse than never having read at all

it's not bringing anybody closer to poetry. nobody reads something from this lady and says "hmm this is great, let me read some shakespeare now". the audience for this type of thing isn't the audience for literature, that's what you're not understanding. if this was the audience for literature they wouldn't be reading this lady in the first place. it's like saying 50 shades of grey is bringing people closer to joyce when in reality it's mindless consuming akin to gobbling up a netflix series.

>I know Veeky Forums's stance on Stalin, the communist, but I was wondering whether any of you have considered what he is really, actually doing. Stalin is bringing potentially thousands - if not millions - of young girls toward capitalism, and even the act of trading again. After years of media disintegration - as envisioned by Ayn Rand - I'd think Veeky Forums should be better suited to foster the flower of democracy, however "unfair" it may be.
Really makes you think

Honestly, I think when it comes to opening a door, the end justifies the means. Beyoncé's feminism is extremely superficial and basic, but hey, if it makes 13-year-old girls feel more confident, why not. If it takes J.K. Rowling and Donna Tartt to get young people to read, sure, whatever. How many professional illustrators today started out with shitty Sonic fanart? Young people like dumb shit, get over it. People grow.

What a shit poem, and what a shit attitute hidden behind it
Women don't fucking understand love

Fucking finally. This

Is this bait?

Nice dubs fags, here is a (You)

Oh shit trips.

This. Man is the romantic gender.

insidious femtrolls out in full force tonight

sage hide report

>Rupi is bringing potentially thousands - if not millions - of young girls toward the medium of poetry, and even the act of reading again.
Too many people, girls and boys, are literate already.