Is Houellebecq a hack or worth a read? if the latter, which of his books should I read?

Is Houellebecq a hack or worth a read? if the latter, which of his books should I read?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLULVpcb5Mw
youtube.com/watch?v=91SniVEEH7U
vice.com/en_us/article/michel-houellebecq-interview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

atomised
submission
possibility of an island

He captures well the mentallity of weak low test bitter westerners beta male, you should give it a go.

Read l'extension du domaine de la lutte, then read soumission.

*Hollebeek
He is Dutch my friend

he is ugly as fuck, so its impossible hes a bad writer

>weak low test bitter westerners beta male
Have you read his work? It's more about how sexual liberation has led to "romantic pauperism" and undercut the possibility of love. He's bitter about his ugliness, sure, but "low T" doesn't describe it and neither does "beta male." You describe r9k, not Houellebecq.
Also OP you should start with Atomised and if you don't like it just stop there. I like most of his stuff.

Are you talking about Mišels Velbeks, famous Latvian writer?

I hate using r9k lingo, and I'm not the poster you were replying to, but Soumission is about an exhausted, directionless, submissive loser. He is low-T to the max.

It's still a good book though.

He was worth listening at least
youtube.com/watch?v=LLULVpcb5Mw

he used to be handsome in that kind of way like that if you were a girl and your best friend who is a girl has sam neill as her dad and he's very interested in how you spent your time at school today making you blush a bit

He's not as grotesque when he's in motion, if you find some of his recent appearances on YouTube. I think (((ugliness))) is part of his brand and that he intentionally tries to play it up in his photo opps desu

You mean Hollaberek Miklós,famous hungarian writer

>low-T to the max
Low-T would connote little to no sex drive. I haven't read Submission in a year or so, but I remember him fucking at least one of his students and fantasizing about a child bride.
>exhausted
By academia, I think. A lot of the novel is to do with "muh West" and Christianity being exhausted as well, isn't it?
>directionless
Many protagonists are directionless or confused, I've not found a correlation between that and being an r9k-tier character. Seems all too human desu.
>submissive
Again, I don't remember much the novel too well. Isn't this a play on the government/West "submitting" to Islam? Doesn't Islam mean "submission to Allah?"
I think it's silly to use r9k's framework to interpret lit but here we are.

the fuck happened to him

seems he cleaned himself up a bit though, this is from a month ago

youtube.com/watch?v=91SniVEEH7U

They're worth reading.

trying to meme him into being viewed as some kind of profound genius won't work.

one for the /pol/r9k/ tourists

Soumission.

it's famous American news pundit Mike Hallbuck you dumb eurotrash

>mfw I don't pursue sex or date because my life is an anhedonic hellworld
>mfw thanks to Mikael Wallhack I can pretend that I don't bother dating or pursuing sex because I'm better than everyone else

Isn't he an alcoholic? Seems to explain it.

>believing Houellebecq is alive

Houellebecq is fine but it triggers me a bit that he's posted so frequently relative to his quality just because he's one of the few writers with explicit right wing content in his books

Fuck off burger, that's my man Mihai Hulub, famous Romanian writer and cheap Moldavian ciggarettes dealer.

Sorry, I meant Mihai Hulubescu.

New Houellebecq interview: vice.com/en_us/article/michel-houellebecq-interview

>As Houellebecq, our translator O., and I walked to the elevator, he said that in California he hadn't met anyone who smoked. I told him there they were all preoccupied with health and activities like yoga. He said, "Nobody will make us do yoga."

Tooth loss

Mikuláš Holúbek is actually a proud Moravian, a wine maker too.

is he a meth addict? maybe methhead look is why he cant get laid

Greatest contemporary author by far.

>mfw he looks like a boss then he speaks and instantly looks like a faggot
You have to fix that fucking language, France.

I see that you've acquainted yourselves with Mihăiță Hulubaru the great Moldavian painter and brewer of țuică and rachiu.

user that's makeup

If you think that's not low-T and is indicative of normal energy levels, I got bad news for you, buddy...

Please expound.

he's constantly fucking whores and his jew gf

*Holodeck

He is a Federation citizen, I think you'll find

So it triggers you that he is extremely relevant to le zeitgeist?

You don't think he's funny or relevant?

Mykkä Hyläbäkkä designed my sauna
he drinks vodka with me every second weekend :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

nope
yeah that certainly didn't help

houllebecq is a disillusioned leftist

>He's not writing a new book

Stop this bullshit he is Miguel Holasquez Mexican poet y vendedor de tacos en Veracruz

That's not what I expected him to sound like at all.

But what you're describing is precisely a common /r9k/ trope.
Pic related is an adequate summary of l'extension du domaine de la lutte

No, r9k is where people bitch about not getting their peen touched because they're not (((Chad))). The picture in your post doesn't apply to anything I wrote.

>l'extension du domaine de la lutte
My apologies, I thought your picture was the cutting edge version that r9k now uses where all arrows point to the top.

Salām my friend, I do believe you are mistaken. For he is the renowned Persian writer and aesthete Mohammad-Rezā Hoovelbeghabādi (محمد رضا حوولبقبادی) , author of such quatrains as The Elementary Nightingales, The Possibility of an Ayatollah and a most frightening novel about a Christian president of Iran! Rooz-beikheyr, azizam.

Fuck off you tit. We all know it's actually famous Welsh author Meical Hywlbauc. You thought those animal reference in 'Whatever' and 'Atomised' were are coincidence did you?

>Welsh jokes on Veeky Forums

Are you the retard spamming welsh threads on /pol/ every day recently?

Nah, that's some cunt living up in Gwynedd if I'm not mistaken.

i remember hearing rumours that he was on heroin for a while, can't imagine its true from his works that i've read

He's redpilled, so yes.

Where abouts are you? Llandaff massive here.

now hold your horses there partner, that there is Doc. Marshall Haliburton III, the greatest living oilman in Texas