Do you like rap/think some rap wordplay is worthwhile?

Do you like rap/think some rap wordplay is worthwhile?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1Lex9IlGE
youtube.com/watch?v=3y4_2R_g6XE
youtube.com/watch?v=k8yKTuvRmPE
youtube.com/watch?v=YyQpWS3sNkw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

yes

maybe

I don't know

Ok for real though guys

Do I think rap wordplay is...worthwhile? Strange question. I listen to rap because it is pleasurable, not because I deem its linguistic merits worth part of my day, as if I need to maximize my lifestyle to always come into contact with things with literary virtue

"Clever" rap is usually just the technical death metal of poetry

>Niggers
>Worthwhile
*Breathes In*
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
*Inhales*
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>when shit hits da fan
>is you still a fan?

Cherrypicking bad examples doesn't really provide anything of value

can you repeat the question?

Hi /pol/

>giving him a reply

Depends on the rapper, Doom is one of them though

>nigga bitch money nigga money bitch!

Yeah, absolutely worthwhile. These guys are geniuses.

Hello /Reddit/ friends

No.

In Italy we have some rap story teller that are philosophy professor. Murubutu is one of them.

can you repeat the question?

Yes I like rap, but doom raps for mid-range IQ white kids in the suburbs. Wu Tang 2.0. The best rap is still popular rap

Rap is 99.99999999999% degenerate hyper-consumerist filth.

>Wu Tang 2.0.

wu-tang is the greatest crew of the 90s, don't associate awful pseud-rap for white nerds with wu-tang dude, mf doom is garbage, i consider him more like a watered down dr. octogon for betas

Murubutu? Ma levati dai coglioni

anyone else saddened by ice cube rereleasing death certificate but with all the anti-semitic references scrubbed and replaced with bland new tracks? ice cube was one of the most "jew aware" pop stars on the planet, for example when he rapped "it's another case of divide and conquer, cuz u let a jew break up my crew" he went full /pol/ on (((them))) but after (((they))) cock blocked that nwa movie from getting an oscar it looks like he's trying to suck up and white wash his greatest records, sad!

C e anche musashi che non รจ male. Ascoltati la critica della ragion putrida cucciolotto

>Do you like rap
yes
>think some rap wordplay is worthwhile?
no

some of it's clever but it's not "worthwhile" in the context relevant to this board. it's pure entertainment and fun-for-my-ears. that's it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1Lex9IlGE

For real tho OP, I definitely think so. It depends on a lot different things. Word play, rhyming ability, structure of the rap (rhyme A, rhyme, B, rhyme A, rhyme B for instance) and subject matter. For aesthetic reasons, voice of the emcee, his delivery, and production choices go into personal choices simply because it's music of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=3y4_2R_g6XE

The opening verse is fucking amazing in this song. This whole album is pretty Veeky Forums tier desu as far as what the emcees talk about in the rest of the album. I don't hear many rap albums talking about daoism and philosophy with some scholarly lyricism.

El-P is Veeky Forums as fuck.

>trying to be white or a jew, but who are they to be equal to

he even differentiate between whites and jews, damn how did he get so redpilled in the 80s

el-p is a try-hard jew, finally now that he's like 40 years old and working with killer mike he starts making some decent music, but most of his career was awful mf doom tier pseud crap

Some of you havent heard immortal techniques graphic rape scene.

It will make you depressor.

youtube.com/watch?v=k8yKTuvRmPE

>youtube.com/watch?v=3y4_2R_g6XE [Remove]

terrible, he doesn't even match the rhyme to hit on the downbeat, ugh only a white kid from the suburbs could like this

immortal technique is pretentious tinfoil shit for stupid people who think theyre woke

alex jones of rap

oh god will you fucking white fags stop posting cringe-rap, jesus fucking christ, this shit is awful

here listen to a classic, this shit has a message but it unapologetically goes hard, and his rhymes are tight as fuck riding solid production

youtube.com/watch?v=YyQpWS3sNkw

Honestly, I fucking hate this song, It's just so long winded and unnecessarily dramatic. This to me is the prime example of a pseud rapper trying to appear intelligent.

I appreciate pushing the time limits of most hip hop tracks for the purpose of a fleshed out story, but fuck it gets so cringey.

Literally Hopsin tier.

You have shit taste.

uh oh white teen from the suburbs wants to critique my taste in hip-hop, stick to indie pop nerd

no

any real hip-hop fan respects the early work El-P has done in the genre. and RTJ shit is trash by comparison to Fantastic Damage, The Cold Vein, High Water etc.

Nah, I think your hearing is off m8.

It's one of the most lyrically accomplished rap albums that no one has ever heard desu. Guessing by you posting Ice Cube (nothing wrong with that), you have certain tastes specific to your own interests (aka average /mu/ elitism).

I'm talking about those shitty albums he made as one half of Company Flow in 90s, again you don't know shit, and you're taste is suburban, kys try-hard

I've been a backpacker and a fagboy and I've been through a Kanye and Kendrick and even Lil Wayne phase, but after getting seriously into literature, no lyrics come close to what Yeats or Dante or Shakespeare can offer. The only rap that's bearable any more is rap that knows its place: E.g Good Drank by 2chainz or Mask Off by Future. Maybe songs like The Message by Grandmaster flash can offer something

but you do need to do that

this, except i grew up reading literature so i skipped the wack backpacker phase. i grew up selling drugs with my dad in an environment rappers pretended to rap about so i've always kind of identified with the music, but if you seriously read literature you can't help but cringe at anybody trying to take it more seriously than something to have fun to. it just comes off as superficial or uneducated, and often corny.

Funcrusher Plus is godlike

ask yourself: would you ever want to read rap lyrics? the answer is always: no.

what do you think about uochi toki?

Most of the "good" rappers are 5 percenters. Literal WE WUZ, big head scientist Yakub, ancient aeronautical nignogs.

Pic-related
Saul Williams
Aesop Rock
Billy Woods
Busdriver
Open Mike Eagle
Earl Sweatshirt

First two mentioned are leagues ahead of the rest though

cringe

The older I get the less I can tolerate lyrics in general. Very few musicians are good with words, and most songs are quite literally nonsense made up on the spot while the band plays, and then revised later.

i'm right though

cringer

i'm still right you meanie