How do you get comfortable when reading? The main reason i dont read as much is that i lack a comfortable place to sit...

How do you get comfortable when reading? The main reason i dont read as much is that i lack a comfortable place to sit, i always end up shifting and turning, which distracts me from the book. How do you solve this?

I like reading in my bed

Same, thats what i usually try, how do you set up?

Standing at my lectern is the most comfy.
Sitting in a hard backed chair with a table is next.
Then a rocking chair or glider.
Then laying on my back.
Standing without a lectern is not very comfy.

I lean against my wall, sitting on it. Or I lie down on my back and rest my head on my pillow.

Veeky Forums

I read walking around the neighborhood or standing in my lap. Sometimes, also, I like to read on the swing or while driving a car.

Has anyone acquired a massage table for the purpose of reading? How is it?

Serious question.

>bitching about "getting comfortable" like this is some kind of major impediment
It sounds like you just don't like reading OP. If your own body is more compelling to your interest than the book then you obviously don't give that much of a shit about it. I can read standing up in a crowded train or leaning against a wall or at a table or in bed, wherever. Doesn't matter. Once I'm in the book I'm dead to the world.

A big fluffy Recliner is god-tier to read in.

>tfw when you read for 4 days straight, your brain fries completely and you have spend the next several days recovering from a kind of complete mental numbness while also remembering how to eat and urinate again

Not OP, but my back is pretty fucked up and reading in my bed makes my back hurt too much to focus. I have a comfy reading chair though. I even have a lamp even though I do most of my reading on ereaders.

If you have some kind of back problem then nobody knows better than you how to properly deal with it. This kind of thread is asinine and just sounds like OP is making excuses for not reading.

You're right. I can be pretty pedantic, but at least I'm not OP.

Ouch. I'm not even OP but that kinda hit too close to home.

I don't have one but I used my cousins. Comfy for a bit, but peripherals are blocked so it's kind of annoying.
Flipping pages is also worse.

Why annoying? Blocking periphery seems ideal.

It's kind of annoying reading the words on the edge of the page even though they aren't blocked.
You probably don't think about it but you move your head slightly when reading the left then right page. In the massage table hole you have to just move your eyes.

Just lay in bed. Helps me get to sleep too.

La-Z-Boy recliners are very comfortable.

literally the chair i use

Eat some pussy, works every time.

After you broke your neck, thrice on the occasion; she'll finally have the wisdom to listen to a bed time story.

My bed

I'd read on the toilet if I had my own toilet but instead I just listen to books and take an appropriate listening position.

This, though honestly in my case it's more like if the muffled bruises of the city etc... help me concentrate. Reading in complete silence sometimes makes you feel uncomfortable and you end up searching for a "right position" that doesn't exist because that isn't the real matter. It's like if i need something to isolate from, and when that something isn't there, i feel even more distracted.

I just lay in a hammock I have at home. Nothing beats it.

Maybe you could listen to ambient music

tfw when no hammock