Are the ends of EoE and Eva the question of Schopenhauer (human instrumentality) vs...

Are the ends of EoE and Eva the question of Schopenhauer (human instrumentality) vs. Nietzsche (Shinji's congratulations/spitefulness)?

Other urls found in this thread:

alexsheremet.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-place-animation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah, it's just full-on Hegelian wanking.

Simply acknowledging that other people aren't objects doesn't make something Hegelian

Can someone explain the end of Eva to me here then?
>tfw to brainlet for anime
I don't understand the difference between the end of the movies and the end of the tv show

honestly the entire left side still makes no sense. But thank you, I understand the end better now

Do you mean what's literally happening or the intent of each ending?

both, but primarily the second. While the image helps explain the tv show, I still don't understand where the movies fit in in terms of intent or what's literally happening

I know both Schopenhauer and Nietzsche and have no clue what you are talking about.

The idea of human instrumentality is based off Gnostic and Kabbalistic theology although the concept of a single universal mind is explored by a great a deal of thinkers.

The ending of Eva is supposed to express the feelings of pain at the idea of existing as an individual and saddness about how painful it is to get to relate to people. You aren't supposed to be looking for philosophy but to relate to the events on an emotional level. Anything beyond that is idiotic.

They're alternate endings. The show splits at episode 24, and you have the TV ending (episodes 25+26) and then the alternate movie ending (The End of Evangelion). This is what Anno said in an interview, despite that you'll still have people telling you both endings are the exact same.

no, nge is just the veiled expression of someone in a society where you cant express directly. so he collected western references and made a story to release his frustrated angst in a non socially controversial form. such angst is caused by the sudden intrusion of modernity in a traditional country in only a couple of decades.

It's pretty much just btfoing otakus. Shinji represents the otaku who just wants a gf. Shinji, like degenerate weebs, beat his dick to comatose Asuka, showing that he didn't actually care for her that much, he was just lusting after her. Asuka criticizes him and tells him that he actually doesn't care for her specifically; he'd be fine if he had gotten attention from just anyone.

The moral of the story is that you shouldn't isolate yourself from people or give up on people just because it's hard to break the ice and barriers that keep people separated. If everyone understood everyone else (instrumentality) there would be no joy from personal relationships.

The real Nietzsche vs Schopenhauer conflict is Gurren Lagann boi.

Anime isnt literature

pls explain

Anti-spirals are literally textbook last men.

thanks bruv

but instrumentality literally happens in the end, doesn't it?

In the show, yeah. But in EoE Shinji let's each individual decide to be part of instrumentality or not. Shinji and Asuka obviously aren't part of instrumentality.

I fell asleep after asking, but what said is true.

The TV ending is the more optimistic of the two, and honestly, all things considered, probably the first thing intended. EoE was produced after severe fan backlash. Hate mail was sent to Gainax. Gainax's office was vandalized. Anno probably had to deal with shit from his superiors about it too. It's a much more cynical piece of fiction, which features a much less hopeful outcome for Shinji. Unwilling to grow and unwilling to even try and overcome his flaws, he is consumed by and defined by them in the end, and people actually vastly preferred this. I don't know if it was the cynicism or the spectacle, but either way it's disgusting.

>Life Force pushing forward and beyond vs. happy stillness
I can see it. Bit forced, but it´s there, yes.

Yes it fucking is, you moron.

I am convinced that the TV ending is only superficially positive.

>just will yourself to be happy

This is not a viable solution.

There's a whole board for anime, take it there. Theres even a board for philosophy you might want to take this to. This board is for books.

Are you claiming it to not be viable in principle or only as a technical limit we can eventually break through?

Maybe you should watch the anime rather then just look at pictures if it. You'd understand it better which should be obvious if you had an critical thinking skills

Actually both the TV sending and EoE are happening at the same time. Episode 25 and 26 are taking place in the characters minds while EoE is what's happening to them physically. You can tell when each part is happening (Misato's body us a clear indication in both the show and the movie). The infamous congratulations! scene takes place when Rei's head falls off. Both the TV and the EoE ending have the exact same message.

The people who tell you EoE is an alternative ending didn't watch the show or EoE

Not viable in principle as a solution to alienation, and not viable as a solution for Shinji's problems. I have no idea what you mean when you say technical limit

This is literally wrong brah feel free to interpret things however you like but Anno talks about this in an interview, he says the show splits after episode 24 and there are two alternate endings.

Then the show ending isn't canon (even though episode 25 and 26 make reference to EoE) since Rebuild is a sequel to EoE

>I haven't watched the show

I'm telling you what Hideaki Anno, the guy who directed the show says.

>Hayashibara: So there will be two episode 25s.
>Anno: Right, it will be a multi-ending.
>Hayashibara: So, a dual... ah, a multi-ending. >After episode 24 the endings will diverge.
>Anno: Right.
>Hayashibara: There will be two of them.
>Anno: There will be two of them.
>Hayashibara: Ah, two endings.
>Anno: Yes.
>Hayashibara: In terms of gaming - is it called a simulation game? What do you call it? The ending for that [particular] self changes as you go on [through the game].
>Anno: Right, a multi-ending [game].
>Hayashibara: You took this road so you went here. You took this road so you went here. The ending changes. That's how it goes.
>Anno: Um. Evangelion is my live performance. Since I create it with this sense of it being live, what I'm thinking now, what I'm feeling now, my current mood, all this gets transferred onto film - that was the initial theme, or the theme I had in my mind.
>Hayashibara: Right.

I can't see NIetzsche there really. Being a friendzoned cuck angsty teenager that has no sense of selflessness even up to the very end sounds very spook tier to me; care to elaborate on EoE?

He also said Rebuild is a reboot but there's clear signs Rebuild is set after EoE
>Trusting Anno

Rebuild is a reboot. Anno is usually on point with whatever he says, I'd trust him over some rando's interpretation online.

>Rebuild is a reboot
>When the aftermath of EoE is still present with the moon having a blood stained and 3rd impact being Rebuilds 2nd impact
>He doesn't know about the devilman influence on Eva and rebuild
>He doesn't know about the original origin of Adam in the TV show
>He thinks Kowru having knowledge he shouldn't have is nothing to think about.
>He doesn't even pounder the opening scene of 1.11 starting with the final scene of EoE and showing the wreckage

Hey at least you used your critical thinking skills to look up an interview right?

Nah, you're wrong that doesn't prove anything. Nice try guy.

Why is there production animation for EOE in either the 24th or 25th ending preview for the next episode? I figured it was a budget thing?

You fell for Anno's ruse

>He gives a detailed list of why it's a sequel

>Lol no you're wrong

Nice shitpost fag

Because EoE is happening during episode 25 and 26. Both episodes point this out clearly but those anons weren't paying attention

It's non-duality* VS individuation.**

*Mahayana Buddhism in Japan viewed as the super-ego of Freud's Civilization and its Discontents, the poor ego is hardly even there, a slave to a human instrumentality of the will of what is actually your father and WW2 era Emperor

**Jung more than Nietzsche and Schopenhauer even though they were concerned with it

People who claim Anno created Evangelion to "btfo" otaku, as if he would despise otaku, understand nothing of Anno and should watch other works involving him such Otaku no Video and the very recent Godzilla.

They usually point to Shinji's semen-stained hand as if there was some Christian-inspired moral condemnation by Anno. When Shinji says: "I'm the worst.", it's not Anno speaking. Or even Shinji.

In order to individuation to happen Shinji has to stop criticizing himself and start accepting what he is unconditionally, as a fully integrated three-dimensional (yes I'm aware of the irony here) person with lusts and defects.

Because when "he" criticizes himself he's not, somebody else is playing the game here, according to the rules of super-ego/father/Emperor/Mahayana Buddhist priest, or, to use a term that is popular on Veeky Forums, spooks.

The real question is what does Shinji want to do? Who is Shinji?

Individuation would at the same time allow Shinji to affirm who Shinji is, and allow Shinji to interact with others, because he would be free of the confusion that comes from denying the self.

Evangelion is a story of an adolescent that fails repeatedly to affirm oneself, and that he supposedly succeeds in the end - but I can easily see why not all viewers would think themselves convinced.

Then are you sure you know Schopenhauer and Nietzsche?

Human instrumentality reflects Schopenhauer's undivided will. The will that saints see.

For the Nietzsche, the congratulations ending is similar to his conclusion of "Yes to life"

It's just meant to look pretty

sure. it also sucks and you're underage

>I didn't understand it so it sucks

>alexsheremet.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-place-animation/

It's not literary, kiddo.