Let's ask the real question here Veeky Forums. Sausage or Bacon?

Let's ask the real question here Veeky Forums. Sausage or Bacon?
>inb4 "American bacon sucks"

sausages

Sauages are way more diverse and versatile.
Bacon is a meme.

I don't mind bacon, but I have to agree that sausage is way more versatile in use and much more diverse than what is basically pork belly.

If it's a choice between that specific kind of sausage in that pic, I'll take the bacon please. Those are invariably the cheapest and lowest quality sausages around. However, if you were to offer some smoked kielbasa or Mexican chorizo...gimme dat shit. On a related note, what's Veeky Forums think of turkey bacon? I like it and it's usually cheaper than real bacon.

Diverse? Absoloutely. But versatile? I think bacon is more versatile.

Let's look at sausage: you can eat it as-is, or you can put it in various other dishes, either whole or cut up. Bacon is the exact same in that regard. But bacon has many other uses: it renders out fat you can use to cook other foods in. It can be used to wrap lean foods and contribute some fat and moisture to them. It can be used to bard or lard a roast.

>what's Veeky Forums think of turkey bacon? I like it and it's usually cheaper than real bacon.
I'm not a big fan of it. It doesn't taste as good as proper bacon and it can't be used to render out much fat, which makes it lot less useful in the kitchen compared to real bacon.

Larding needles always seem to tear up my bacon.

>it renders out fat you can use to cook other foods in.
So do some types of sausage meat, you can use them to start your stock.
>It can be used to wrap lean foods and contribute some fat and moisture to them. It can be used to bard or lard a roast.
That's kind of the same thing.

>the cancer meme again
You know what prevents cancer 100% of the time? Being dead. Kys.

So what do you plan on dying of, senpai?

sausage for breakfast platters and bacon for breakfast sammiches.

Sausage

Is it just me or is the bacon in that pic horribly overcooked

Bacon my niggas but the pig can produce both bacon and sausage so the argument is moot.

i like my bacon burnt to a crisp and doused with maple syrup.

You're far from alone, traveller.

No, it's you. That bacon is slightly overdone (depending on personal preference). However, the obvious mistake made was someone didn't let that slightly overdone bacon cool off slightly in its rendered fat. This makes it slightly overcooked, dry-ass bacon. This is the type of shitty bacon usually made by people who throw away the fat instead of saving it for cooking.

In fact, I bet they not only drained that bacon on paper towels, but dabbed every last drop of it off with more paper towels, right before throwing the rendered fat away because fat is bad. Yet they hypocritically eat processed junk food with trans fats sneaked in them by the manufacturer. Also, this person has probably never thanked the spirit of the delicious pig for giving its life.

>not wanting your bacon slightly crisp with chewy bits
Shit taste desu fampai.

American bacon > canadian bacon > sausage

canadian bacon is just thin sliced ham

>Sauages are way more diverse and versatile.
This is exactly why I order bacon at most places I eat breakfast. Way more room for being gross.

If can only choose one and it is served without any other food, then i would choose sausage. If there is eggs that goes with the meal, bacon all the way.

>not ordering a double order of both

It is. Americans overcook their bacon for some reason.

Good sausage is really good, bad sausage makes you sick after a bite.
Also, I had to get a root canal because I cracked a tooth while eating sausage because on two separate occasions there was a little bone in it.

Sausage, links or patties. Lots of non breakfast uses too.

sausage for standalone but bacon for sandwich supplements

I can't choose, both are great tasty salty meats

>2017
>not using jowl bacon

depends
sausage links > bacon > sausage patties

Keto made e hate bacon.
Still love sausage and eggs though.

>>inb4 "American bacon sucks"
it does though

Pot bacon is my 2nd favorite method. What would you say is better (without being gay and saying standard pan or oven)

>cooking bacon past the point of being chewy/floppy

should be illegal desu

also i like bacon more, partially because i can cook my eggs and/or hash browns in the fat left in the pan and they taste a lot better

dipping your sausage in leftover syrup from the pancakes is unbelievable

Crispy bacon is patrician tier, faggot

That looks so vile. I'd rather eat dirt than that bacon.
If you like your bacon that way, then you don't like bacon.
The only people who like their meat burnt like that, are people who don't like the flavour of said meat, children and dogs.
I'll take the sausage over that savory strip of oversalted fat.

I hope all yanks die of a heartattack.

sausage is better. it's got more interesting texture and flavor.

it's probably worse for you because of all the fat and oil but w/e

that said, throwing raw bacon on a pancake and then cooking the pancake with the bacon in it is some real shit everyone should try at least once

you may have to pre cook the bacon a bit if its thicc but still, its good real good

true fact

bacon wrapped sausage?

I too like crispy bacon

Its still better than sausage

bacon is extremely low class

You are more likely to encounter shit sausage than shit bacon when dining out.
The Vegas buffets have sausage that tastes terrible.

Both. Obviously. IS THIS NOT AMERICA!?

I'd rather cook sausage, but I'd rather eat bacon.

Dude, the hardscrabble, rough and tumble men and women who carved a country out of a wilderness survived on bacon and fat back. I doubt they could be called low class.