Would you ever take a job as a chef on death row? Making last meals for people?

Would you ever take a job as a chef on death row? Making last meals for people?

sure, 0 pressure they won't come back anyway

if it pays well, sure.

No, I'm a good enough cook for me and my friends but I would not be able to deliver a proper last meal for those people. They at least deserve the best food possible before they're killed

bullshit
they deserve pain and terror

Do they though?

So what do you do when you eventually end up executing an innocent person? Say "we inflicted pain and terror onto an innocent person lol oops" and then get ready for the next one?

Yep. No system is perfect.

Not the fault of the chef though, not anyone than the janitor who cleans 5he chamber.

KEK

only if I can be the executioner, I know it sounds weird, but as a chef I have this fetish where someone dies after eating what I ate, I jack it to that.

If the pay is good, why not.

I would legitimately try to make it taste good

it would probably be extremely easy money
half the people executed would be dumb nogs and ask for popeyes or KFC, so i wouldn't have to do shit. and the other half would just have simple comfort food like mac&cheese and fried shit
i'd probably only have to work like 10 days a year`, though. not many states have frequent executions like Texas.

i cooked the last meal my mom ate before she died of cancer at home 10 years ago

...damn.

Case by case basis I guess what with all the inconsistencies found with "forensic evidence". Bite marks, hair follicle, even fingerprints have sent innocent people to death row. Unless they got the DNA dead to rights it's hard to trust.
This is real life.
That's beautiful user, I'm sure it meant the world to her.

I reheated her Tyson boneless wyngz

Quiet interesting, say yoi would motivated to cook as the best as you can for their last meal.
Or the opposite.
>inb4 they're killers reee

yeah.

No.
But I wouldn't take a job as a chef anywhere. Cooking is a hobby and I don't want to ruin it.

How do you rationalize allowing the state to kill innocent people but think that the state should be allowed to kill citizens who do the same thing?

electric chair
nice and hot
in with the criminal

Muh bible.

You do realize, don't you, that the food fed to those on death row is the same food fed to the rest of the prison population and it is cooked by prisoners.

For last meals, it depends on the state. Some states feed them the same thing as everyone else is eating that day. Some will cook them what they want as long as it is something that the prisons cook and it is also cooked by prisoners. In other states, they will bring in something subject to certain limits on cost.

Underrated post

Texas doesn't even do custom last meals anymore because on guy ordered a shit ton of food and didn't eat any of it.

Yep.

The only person I ever knew who was executed by the state of Texas was executed before we ended the practice. He had a cheeseburger, ice cream, and water.

His brother, who I saw but never talked to, was executed four weeks later. He asked for "God’s saving grace, love, truth, peace and freedom".

It's truly sad that they aren't even allowed a single beer with a last meal.

i could poison literally all of the food i cook and nobody would ever know
if they die of poisoning 2 minutes before their scheduled death, does it really count as murder?

No, I don't want to disappoint them.

let me guess your skin color

Legally yes, but I doubt anyone would ever pursue charges.

Now that's a good question

I read that the last meal is like the day before the execution. Not sure if true or not though

Yeah. Typically because with death being imminent that day, the appetite tends to not be there.