Mfw I just realized that it's called a quart because it's 1/4th of a gallon

>mfw I just realized that it's called a quart because it's 1/4th of a gallon

fuck

Wait holy shit

Cool story bro.

Very good user. Now, can you tell me how many pints are in a quart?

it's cool i just got it maybe five years ago
i blame it on the schools, then i was like what in the fuck how am i supposed to remember all these random weight and measures
now it makes total sense

8? no bully

hory shet

>t. brainlet

dumb frogposter

Nope, 4

>mfw I realized they call me retarded because my mental development was slower than the frogs

A quart is 1/4 of a gallon? I was expecting it to be some retarded bullshit like 14/32nds of a furlong.

learn this one faggots, it's very useful
1 cup = 16 tablespoons = 48 teaspoons

also you're wrong op, 1 imperial gallon equals 4.803799
Hail Britannia!

Quarts are 1/10 of a gallon if you use the metric system.

Oh wow you mean the country that conquered the entire fucking world didn't actually make a retarded system of measurement and your cringe inducing worship of the metric system is based more on your pop-science pseudo-intellectualism than it is on any practical reason, never would have guessed that chief.

And a handle of liquor was once a half-gallon of liquor,

metric doesn't have gallons

>the absolute STATE of american education

Nope, 2.pints in a quart.

>falseflagging yuropoor

>t. brainlets

>A foot is the size of a foot
>A meter is the size of ????

>she
Nope, 1

Humans have feet of different sizes. A meter is always a meter.

True, but completely irrelevant to the question posed.

>A meter is the size of ????
1cm^3 is a cube of one gram of water

also,
>originally intended to be, and being very nearly, equal to one ten-millionth of the distance from the equator to the pole measured on a meridian: defined from 1889 to 1960 as the distance between two lines on a platinum-iridium bar (the “International Prototype Meter”) preserved at the International Bureau of Weights and Measures near Paris; from 1960 to 1983 defined as 1,650,763.73 wavelengths of the orange-red radiation of krypton 86 under specified conditions; and now defined as 1/299,792,458 of the distance light travels in a vacuum in one second.

In high school one of my remedial classmates asked "how many quarts in a gallon?"

I immediately spouted, "well how many quarters in a dollar?"

He looked at me, back to his homework, back at me and said "I ain't making change, I'm baking a cake in the problem"

how many pints to the gallon? five?

Eight. A pint is half a quart.

Why would you think it would be 5?

>A meter is always a meter.
Is it though?
The meter has been redefined several times.

It's how much per second you can increase the speed of one gram when you apply 1 joule to it.

1 degree (Kelvin or Celsius) is how much you can heat 1 gram of water with 1 joule.

1 kilo is how much 1 litre of water weighs

its better than the imperial system which has been defined literally never

>this whole post
the absolute STATE of american education

>which has been defined literally never
It's called the Imperial system precisely because it was defined by the Imperial Crown in the Weights and Measures Acts you dingus.

>defined by the Imperial Crown in the Weights and Measures Acts
in terms of what other known quantities

>"lol an inch is a thousand thous hyuk hyuk thems why we call it a thou of an inch!"
ok great job cletus but what's a thou then
>"righto chap :) it's a :) thousand :) thous :) [bells ringing in distance to indicate current time]"
fuck you too nigel

A meter is the length of a Seconds Pendulum, that bit on a grandfather clock which counts seconds.

Incidentally, in a proposed pre-metric system this pendulum length was divided into three feet, which is what influenced the American system of three feet to a yard.

>the length of a Seconds Pendulum,
you mean the thing that can have a variable length depending on the overall design of the clock and the weight of the pendulum and the size and ratios of the gears it's attached to?

No.