Is it worth it to make real ramen or do I just stick with instant?

Is it worth it to make real ramen or do I just stick with instant?

yes

Uhhh...

no

this

ramen is low-tier street food like bacon wrapped hot dogs, tacos and 50 yen conveyor sushi that have no meat in them

Ok, what's a good japanese food to cook?

Nothing wrong with good comfort food, imo.

So ?

A nice got savory broth with succulent noodles and meat is very satisfying to eat on a cold winter day.
Ive not had instant noodles though so I dont know how good they compare

Totally worth it.

Does Veeky Forums like their ramen spicy or not? Personally I prefer it if it burns my tongue upon contact.

During the summer I went on a 3 day journey of making homemade ramen. Went through even the extra effort of making homemade noodles and broth. Even went through more special effort to get pork belly from the asian market. It was amazing and I wish to never do that again. I was over the whole thing the next day and haven't touched or thought about ramen since then. It's 100% worth and not worth the effort.

I hear that. I still like ramen but I half-ass it and basically make charsiu pork and eggs, get spring onion to add, and then put it all in Shin Ramyun or something

>use stock/broth instead of tap water
>add some fresh veges and meat

Gateway to cooking for the instant noodle weeb?

Ok, I need to make some at some point.

How did you do the noodles? I make my own pasta but it isn't at all the same.

Yeah I wonder if it's that spinning method, cuz if so I'm out.

my wife makes it a lot and it does take some time to make the noodles but the quality of the over all product versus instant is like night and day. please do it if you have the time

sushi

You can definitely up your instant ramen game with a little bit of extra effort. I like to put a raw egg in mine.

But don't raw eggs give you samandella?

Not gook food is worth the time.
Stick to prepared.

whats the appeal of narutomaki
they're pretty bland and don't really absorb any flavor from the broth
only good thing about them is the texture i guess

For me it's just the image. If i have narutomaki in my ramen thats how I know I'm ramening with the bigboys rather than just adding shit from my fridge

Nah, the heat from the broth partially cooks the egg. Besides, overcooking eggs ruin the taste. If you haven't seen it already, go chack out Gordon Ramsey's scrambled eggs video.

for me, it adds to the variety of what you can find in a bowl of ramen. it helps to have a fish cake that is actually good quality and can stand on its own, and also chew on it with a mouthful of soup too.

It is pretty fun to make. Just make it 10 times on 10 different days before deciding to give up trying if you can't get it right. It takes about that long to get good at it. Dehydrated instant ramen isn't too bad either (pic).

>tfw there's fresh burdock root in the garden still

yes, if you are going to serve a group of people. making the soup part takes all day.

It's most worth eating at decent ramen bars.
lol

How dare you ask Erina sama this peasant dish

>gook
Pic related is you

fuck off nip wannabe

A typical ramen broth has 4 ingredients (mirin, sake, soy sauce and dashi) and takes about five minutes to prepare.
The noodles are usually really thin and should be cooked on the hard side to prevent them from getting soggy while you're still eating, so that usually takes less than 5 minutes.

All other condiments like eggs and seared chops take less time to prepare than it takes for the water to boil.

I never understood what "instant" ramen is supposed to be more convenient for, when it takes the same goddamn time as making the actual dish from scratch, on top of tasting better. Cup-men at least has the appeal of leaving you without pots to clean, but you're still going to use at least a pan to sear some meat, or a pot to boil an egg, so what's the point?

Maybe it's just because the most basic ingredients tend to be hard to find and/or overpriced overseas? I dunno.
Still don't get what's supposed to be so convenient about them unless you're eating them as they are out of the package, which would be like consuming boiled pasta on its own.

You will never make it as good as a genuine ramen place will make it so if you want cheap quick noodles at home stick with instant. If you want a quality bowl of ramen go to a restaurant that only does ramen.

Did I strike a nerve? I get it, your beard extends all the way to your salmon-red neck, but that's no reason to be mad, man :(

mad weeb detected

I don't get what you guys are talking about. I'm an Americanized chink who owns many guns. Gook is a fine term, but gets a little mixed if you're talking Korean.

Gook doesn't refer to japanese dudes, man. That's why it rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm in Japan right now, where it's everywhere, and cheap, but definitely plan on making homemade ramen when I get home. The closest ramen shop to my home is 45 minutes away, and while it's good, I'd rather not drive all that way just for some (delicious) noodles. Instant ramen is okay, I guess, but I would probably only eat it at this point if I was super drunk or hungover or something. I had it way too much as a kid, so kind of burnt out on it. But do what you want, OP.

Nice! I think I should just find a place, because from what the other anons tell me, it's a bunch of work for a really quick meal.

I can make instant ramen at work you sperglord

Because out of

>(mirin, sake, soy sauce and dashi)

I literally can only buy soy sauce where I live. It's a problem of not having any Asian stores in a third world country. Shit isn't even expensive, it's just not sold anywhere.

>A typical ramen broth has 4 ingredients (mirin, sake, soy sauce and dashi) and takes about five minutes to prepare.
ラーメン屋が何時間もかけるところを5分で済ませるんだ

LOL it's not even a yes or no question X^D

genuine jjajang is god tier
especially with the pickled side dishes and kimchi